1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Mode: Casual
Match Type: Test match
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): after 4 overs
Ground: Any
Teams: Pakistan vs Australia
Get Best: yes
Description of Issue: Bowler's stamina drains very quickly. The confidence meter also doesn't increase properly. Got 6 wicket by a bowler and his confidence bar was still not full. This impacts fast bowlers badly ( I can't bowl as fast anymore ).

Jadel

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Play on a harder difficulty then.

Genius!

Except batting is already pretty much impossible on pro. Making it even harder seems like a bad idea.

Can you even change the difficulty in career? I thought it was locked.

Whats with liking that post btw? Bowling is clearly and inarguably unbalanced when compared to batting at the same difficulty setting. If I could select them individually I would.

dhump

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think a number of people have been saying the same thing about the fielders, they move too fast, etc. I imagine this is at the top of the list for tweaking, they certainly catch EVERYTHING and hit the stumps 99.9% of the time.

I'm wondering if that's the attributes set-up in the Cricket Academy and whether or not it would be worthwhile re-setting them all to 0 or something, because when they were being done we didn't know how they implicated gameplay... and I think certainly the fielding and speed stats (if there are, I can't remember without looking) are possibly set waaaaay too high.

My biggest gripe with the game is you can't just nudge the ball over the inner circle, because the fielder warp-speeds it to the ball to catch you out 100% of the time, I've never been able to just clear the infield and get 2... It's either 1 or 4...

...which in career mode where runs are tough to come by, is a little frustrating.

I agree with you another reason for this and bullet like throws can be the weight on the ball. I think the ball is too light and travel a bit too fast and fly a bit too high too easily. Making it a bit more heavy will make hitting six business hard but if we can take tricky singles doubles and fielders cant return 100% accurate bullet throws it will be just more realistic. In other words I mean to reduce power of players and abilities of bat.

ATM at times it looks like playing with a tennis ball.

If possible to be addressed in some patch would be awesome.

P.S. I will create a team with less fielding attributes and see how it goes.

NoLeName

PlanetCricket Writing Team
Whats with liking that post btw? Bowling is clearly and inarguably unbalanced when compared to batting at the same difficulty setting. If I could select them individually I would.

Well if you listen to our good ol' pommy mate @zombieian, it's got to do with the fact that there is some sort of clique system here at Planet Cricket, and this 'clique' attacks newbies, chooses to not thank posts by certain people, and ALWAYS thank posts by one person in particular. Read of it what you will

Owl

Club Cricketer
Is it normal for a game to have a rain delay and be shorted to somehow cause my good length bowling to become full tossers?

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Except batting is already pretty much impossible on pro.

Well not really, people are getting scores, you just can't smack every ball for 4 or 6 you know... Take your time. :)

Jadel

Club Captain
Well not really, people are getting scores, you just can't smack every ball for 4 or 6 you know... Take your time. :)

True, but it's the comparison between bowling and batting that I have issue with.

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
True, but it's the comparison between bowling and batting that I have issue with.

I guess, the AI seem to fall apart when bowling to them. I really don't like when they play spin that fake cut shot they always nick to keeper very repetitive :(

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

bowling should be much much harder (or rather, the opponent's batting AI should be much much better) because you're a 16 year old with no skills, you shouldn't be bagging 3,4 and 5-fers all the time.

EdgedAndGone

Club Captain
Mode: Any
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): any
Teams: any
Description of Issue: Field placing by AI is very defensive in a test match. Sometimes in the second over itself mid on and mid off go back to long on and slips disappear. Even if the AI gets quick wickets the fields remain defensive.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Mode: Casual
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): after 4 overs
Teams: Pakistan vs Australia
Description of Issue: Bowler's stamina drains very quickly. The confidence meter also doesn't increase properly. Got 6 wicket by a bowler and his confidence bar was still not full. This impacts fast bowlers badly ( I can't bowl as fast anymore ).

Yeah i saw this also, need work for sure.

zombieian

International Coach
Well if you listen to our good ol' pommy mate @zombieian, it's got to do with the fact that there is some sort of clique system here at Planet Cricket, and this 'clique' attacks newbies, chooses to not thank posts by certain people, and ALWAYS thank posts by one person in particular. Read of it what you will

Just like an elephant, an Aussie never forgets!:thumbs

francisjery

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
While playing online. the bowler is hitting the stumps for several times after collecting the ball from the fielder while the batsman is taking runs. The batsman suddendly moved out of the crease and he was out. Sorry I didn't notice over count and the score

----------

Genius!

Except batting is already pretty much impossible on pro. Making it even harder seems like a bad idea.

Can you even change the difficulty in career? I thought it was locked.

The career mode only has Pro, Veteran and Legend Difficulties. How about giving options at least to start with Amature difficulty

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread