Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had one bug I've noticed but its only happened once so far,
MODE: in a custom competition (10 team 4 day league)
GET BEST: using my own created teams although I did "get best" when I first turned on the game.
ISSUE: AI batsman inside edge on to pads then on to stumps. Should have been OUT bowled! As it wasn't given I appealed but given not out?

Mode: Practice - Ground
Match Type: Practice
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): 2nd ball
Ground: Practice Ground
Teams: Standard practice teams
Get Best: Yes
Description of Issue: Occasionally when I try to bowl a bouncer the practice mode freezes on Xbox 360. To resolve this I have to come out and load it up again.

Can we please have the AI wicketkeeper drop some catches of spinners. How many edges do they catch in real like. It's no IC2010 but it's still make me what to throw the control pad at the t.v sometimes. :mad

The AI catching is just not right, outfield 100% out, bowler 15% i am ok with this.:rolleyes and inner circle is maybe 65% and i am just guessing if anyone thinks where in hell is 79c getting these figures from.

If Bigant want to make batting a little easier for us i would look into this and the superfielding. Then you would not have to touch the difficulty just random the catches like keeper of fast men 90%/spin say 70% and outfield 70% and inn circle maybe 60% or just go by there stats better if we adjust. Just a idea as i had a leg side catch of a spin and then a edge second ball and lost my mind for a second.:wave

Mode: Career Mode
Match Type: 40 Overs
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): 10 overs
Ground: No Clue
Teams: Derbyshire vs Durham
Description of Issue: I recently lost my internet connection due to a storm so I was playing the game offline on my save. I saved the game mid game and went back to the main menu and shut down my Xbox for the night. I came back the next day and tried to load my career file, but it was not listed. I checked my Xbox storage and it DOES show the save on my hard drive and it isn't showing as corrupt. I've also tried moving the game save to a different storage device and loading it from there, but the same thing happens. So according to the game my game save does not exist yet my Xbox shows it on my hard drive with a defaulted November 2005 date. Is there anyway to fix this? I'd hate to have to start a new career from scratch.

The only issue I've had with WK catches is almost every time I try to cut the ball off a spinner, the WK catches it, if it was an edge I could understand it but the sound is more solid like a good shot rather than a snick sound, think I've been out more times like this than I've scored runs from playing that shot and it shouldn't happen so often considering I'm still on amateur!

The only issue I've had with WK catches is almost every time I try to cut the ball off a spinner, the WK catches it, if it was an edge I could understand it but the sound is more solid like a good shot rather than a snick sound, think I've been out more times like this than I've scored runs from playing that shot and it shouldn't happen so often considering I'm still on amateur!

I don't late cut for this reason, i will play a game late with a keeper catching at the lowest in case i am wrong but on pro maybe a little help would be nice as if you nick it off a spinner then bye bye most of the time.

I have had a couple of edges go for a run or 2 of spinners and fast men but not enough. I love a new test match morning watching on t.v and seeing the captain and bowler throw there hands in the air after a edge goes for 4 down to third man for the third time in as many overs.:spy

it happens 9/10 for me and its really annoying!

I'm basically using match practice mode to test the risk and reward of certain shots. Late cuts off the spinner aren't great but sweep/reverse sweep seems to work okay.

In career mode got the two bails knocked off and nothing happened , I should of been give out Bowled strange one !

In career mode got the two bails knocked off and nothing happened , I should of been give out Bowled strange one !

Never seen that before, I will see if we can debug it in the office.

In two of the last three casual games I've played against another human.
Both created match type games.

A no-ball is bowled, the commentators mention a free hit, the player hits out and then gets out caught. Have seen it 2-3 times in maybe 6 or 7 games and 2 out of the last 3 played.

I'm basically using match practice mode to test the risk and reward of certain shots. Late cuts off the spinner aren't great but sweep/reverse sweep seems to work okay.

75% of my sweep shots go directly into the midriff of the short leg, although fortunately he's never caught me. This seems unaffected by difficulty or batsman skill level...

Is there a technique to hitting sweeps on the ground? I'm using the unconventional modifier, front foot and pushing the right stick to the left. Adding the triggers doesn't seem to help.

In career mode with get best I had a ball beat the bat and bounce off the keepers gloves back into the stumps. I was given out bowled.

In two of the last three casual games I've played against another human.
Both created match type games.

A no-ball is bowled, the commentators mention a free hit, the player hits out and then gets out caught. Have seen it 2-3 times in maybe 6 or 7 games and 2 out of the last 3 played.

I got some dude out like that in an online match a couple of days ago, was hilarious... I was rolling him for about 7 runs and 5 wickets down anyway, so he was going to quit and sure enough, did just that shortly after.

Less of a bug, more like karma...

Mode: Competition - 9 Team T20 League

Match Type: T20

Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured):N/A

Ground: Can't remember - it was the one with the mountains in the background

Teams: Pune Warriors (me) vs Delhi Daredevils & Royal Challengers Bangalore (ai)

Description of Issue: The start of both these matches was delayed due to rain. In both instances, there was a pop up message (and possibly commentary) advising that the matches had been reduced to 12 overs per side. However both games ended up being 16 overs per side.

Consequently, in the first match, where I was batting first, I started hitting out way ahead of time. In the second match, I was bowling first and it became clear early on that it wasn't a 12 over innings, however it was difficult to organise bowling as I wasn't sure what the maximum allotted overs were.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread