Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Pro Cam "Sneak Peek"

I liked what I saw. I can't wait to try out all the different camera angles that the game allows. At the moment this angle looks pretty good. Great work BA!

New member here!

Hi all. Have been a lurker for a while, but this is my first post on the forums.

In my opinion, here's the positives and (minor) concerns from this video:

Pros:
  • The feel of the delivery speed. Finally we can experience the pressure of batting against 150kph+ bowling! :clap
  • Batsman stepping away and checking the field.
  • Detailed pitch and outfield textures. I like the grass wear and the practice pitches.
  • As intended, the comet trail appears to be a actual help rather than an annoyance.
  • Ball physics seem accurate -- such as when it's rolling on the ground.

Concerns (not cons):
  • Who does the bowler throw the ball to? When the batsman turns around to the WK, he's facing the sight screen (0:11).
  • A slight animation stutter at 0:09 when the bowler picks up the ball.
  • What country is the stadium from? The crowd noise does sound as from a sub-continent ground. If it's from Eng or Aus for example, you'd expect the crown to be more subdued in a test match.
  • The in game HUD on while batting. Maybe this should be disabled in "Pro Cam". In real life, the batsman has to read the scoreboard in the ground. Maybe this would add to the realism.

I must say, what a very promising game we have. The attention to detail is superb, and miles above any other cricket game.
Great work Ross and the team. Can't wait for some more gameplay footage.

Looks just like real life amazing but as i saw the ball speed ity gonna be pretty hard t bat then...but its all up t practice so.....

Hi all. Have been a lurker for a while, but this is my first post on the forums.

In my opinion, here's the positives and (minor) concerns from this video:

Pros:
  • The feel of the delivery speed. Finally we can experience the pressure of batting against 150kph+ bowling! :clap
  • Batsman stepping away and checking the field.
  • Detailed pitch and outfield textures. I like the grass wear and the practice pitches.
  • As intended, the comet trail appears to be a actual help rather than an annoyance.
  • Ball physics seem accurate -- such as when it's rolling on the ground.

Concerns (not cons):
  • Who does the bowler throw the ball to? When the batsman turns around to the WK, he's facing the sight screen (0:11).
  • A slight animation stutter at 0:09 when the bowler picks up the ball.
  • What country is the stadium from? The crowd noise does sound as from a sub-continent ground. If it's from Eng or Aus for example, you'd expect the crown to be more subdued in a test match.
  • The in game HUD on while batting. Maybe this should be disabled in "Pro Cam". In real life, the batsman has to read the scoreboard in the ground. Maybe this would add to the realism.

I must say, what a very promising game we have. The attention to detail is superb, and miles above any other cricket game.
Great work Ross and the team. Can't wait for some more gameplay footage.

The last one about turning the hud off by default in this camera mode is a good suggestion.

About the bowler, believe he threw the ball to the wicketkeeper who in turn threw it to somoene else (slip or square) and then walks back to his position as does the bowler.

Repeating myself, but The bowling action, bowling speed and the way batsman walks around the crease after the shot is top notch!!

Thought I would give this video its own thread so that people can discuss instead of it being lost in another thread. Currently upped to YouTube but I am sure someone will mirror it. I love the way this works, and the way the batsman walks around like in real life is fantastic, good work BA!

Enjoy.

It's an interesting view, but I really don't see how it'll be playable in real time. Still, worth giving it a go. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The last one about turning the hud off by default in this camera mode is a good suggestion.

About the bowler, believe he threw the ball to the wicketkeeper who in turn threw it to somoene else (slip or square) and then walks back to his position as does the bowler.

Repeating myself, but The bowling action, bowling speed and the way batsman walks around the crease after the shot is top notch!!

The ball's still in the bowler's hand when he walks back. I think (based on this video and the last one), as soon as the fielder/bowler picks up the ball they make that throwing action. Whether they release the ball in that action or not might depend on a button press, I would assume.

*Who does the bowler throw the ball to? When the batsman turns around to the WK, he's facing the sight screen (0:11).
Hi there.. I Agree to all that you said...
But I think you can be assured that the above statement shouldn't be a concern .
As far as we know, the game is completely ready . It won't have such a huge flaw of throwing the ball to a ghost. The problem here was the view.
As The game is playable in various cams, this cam makes it slightly difficult to get the whole surrounding (like pressure cond. in real cricket). But if it was played in a 3rd person/broadcast cam it'd surely have shown the person the ball was thrown at exactly.. so, no worries maybe?

[*]The in game HUD on while batting. Maybe this should be disabled in "Pro Cam". In real life, the batsman has to read the scoreboard in the ground. Maybe this would add to the realism.

yeah, that'd be real. But that'd also mean a lot more disturbance for the player. While playing a game, many would just be annoyed to having to remember all the present score in the head while deciding his next shot too.. Also You shouldn't look at the scorecard after every shot in this cam, which might cause dizziness.. And if this option was given manually, that player could look up whenever he wanted, it'd mean the developers a huge changeover too, putting in newer controls in sync with shots etc. hope for those in the future dlc's maybe? :)

I can see why the comet is quite important with that particular view. Without the comet it would be like batting in real life with only one eye (2D vision). Perhaps some users should try navigating their way around the house with a patch over one eye and see how easy it is to judge distances, or batting with only one eye (against a tennis ball for your own safety)

Good looking video too. I may take a look at using that view but will most likely stick to the traditional behind the bowler view.

yeah, not sure i'd want the HUD disabled even in this view. it makes it more real perhaps, but less usable. (we want to know the score!)

just watched it sound on for the first time due to being at work earlier. crowd is insane, too much I think. hopefully it's more sedate at times, I think that's unrealistic and distracting.

my god that view is going to be hard, but probably very rewarding when you get good at it.

I may take a look at using that view but will most likely stick to the traditional behind the bowler view.

Am pretty sure it was confirmed that you can't bat in that view. I'm guessing its this view or a 3rd person view.

Fair enough. Not the end of the world i guess. Will just see what is available when the game is released and decide from that point onwards.

Am pretty sure it was confirmed that you can't bat in that view. I'm guessing its this view or a 3rd person view.

You can. Ross was under that impression because he hasn't seen anyone batting in the traditional views.

As mentioned by Israr, you can bat in any camera of your liking, which includes the traditional broadcast/TV camera. Although Ross and BA recommends batting in the 1st-person or the behind-the-batsman view for a better batting experience.

The Bottom Line? Your choice!

After watching the vdo again and again the bowling action is just right for that kind of pace , hes hardly using his non bowling arm and there is no way one can generate 150k+ delivery without using it. I.still hope that.some tweaks to.the bowling animations can still be made , Cruz the game sounds terrific and it will be great if the gameplay backed by aesthetic beauty.

Users who are viewing this thread