Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

Then i am sure that after 2 or 3 months of release their will be any modder who will change the game to sachin tendulkar cricket 14....like the modding was done in cricket 07

and personally i will love it .

Then i am sure that after 2 or 3 months of release their will be any modder who will change the game to sachin tendulkar cricket 14....like the modding was done in cricket 07

and personally i will love it .

Anyone care to explain what he meant by this? I'm kinda lost at the moment.

For the love of Aunt Dorothy's Hair Curlers can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE shut up
in these threads about Sachin "I have retired now, get over it" Tendulkar.....take it elsewhere......anywhere....but NOT here.....this is NOT meant as disrespectful to a fine cricketer but this is not the place to discuss it. There are other threads for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
How can we slide the bat instead of diving while running between wickets??

MattW:
1.)How does the wicket keeping work in DBC 14..Do we have to control hm for every ball or only catching is controlled by us in the game??:)

2.)Can we move batsman's foot even in easy level or is it disabled or automatic??

Last edited:
1.)How does the wicket keeping work in DBC 14..Do we have to control hm for every ball or only catching is controlled by us in the game??
I never tried it, but I'm told you don't need to field every ball manually - but for catches you will (basically point the stick towards the direction the ball is going).

2.)Can we move batsman's foot even in easy level or is it disabled or automatic??
You can, however the game will give you more forgiveness for bad or no footwork at the easier levels.

How many unorthodox shots have you seen apart from the scoop shot??

The scoop shot is the only one I tried/saw because I'd rather play cricket and not helicopter.

The scoop shot is the only one I tried/saw because I'd rather play cricket and not helicopter.

MattW seriously, I have been following this forum quite a while and whats up with this insulting the helicopter or MSD. After all he is an honourable cricketer too who has achieved much that no one in the cricketing world has.
He didn't grow up playing cricket since his childhood like all other players in international level and his style may not be textbook cricket but style doesn't win you matches Matt, runs does. If a scoop gets you runs you play it, if a helicopter does, then you do it.
There are more men who got out trying to play the scoop than Dhoni or Sachin doing a helicopter. Infact, neither of them got out even once trying so.

It doesn't even qualify as a slog. Its not even premeditated. Its a shot played to an almost yorker length ball knowing exactly where it is heading and where you want to place it. Its simply unorthodox because in olden days there was NO NEED to play it, it was test cricket mostly which gave rise to orthodox shots. Do you see anyone playing a scoop or a helicopter in test cricket? NO!
Any other shot that has been invented in the recent days for the sole purpose of scoring quicker under shorter formats are thereby un-orthodox. They are part of cricket.
If it wasn't, we wouldn't see people playing it in a international cricket match.

MattW seriously, I have been following this forum quite a while and whats up with this insulting the helicopter or MSD. After all he is an honourable cricketer too who has achieved much that no one in the cricketing world has.
He didn't grow up playing cricket since his childhood like all other players in international level and his style may not be textbook cricket but style doesn't win you matches Matt, runs does. If a scoop gets you runs you play it, if a helicopter does, then you do it.
There are more men who got out trying to play the scoop than Dhoni or Sachin doing a helicopter. Infact, neither of them got out even once trying so.

It doesn't even qualify as a slog. Its not even premeditated. Its a shot played to an almost yorker length ball knowing exactly where it is heading and where you want to place it. Its simply unorthodox because in olden days there was NO NEED to play it, it was test cricket mostly which gave rise to orthodox shots. Do you see anyone playing a scoop or a helicopter in test cricket? NO!
Any other shot that has been invented in the recent days for the sole purpose of scoring quicker under shorter formats are thereby un-orthodox. They are part of cricket.
If it wasn't, we wouldn't see people playing it in a international cricket match.

You need to get out more......

How was Matt being disrespectful to Dhoni?

I appreciate that in certain parts of the world the short forms of the game are considered more exciting, and the unorthodox shots are oart of that, but I prefer test cricket and i prefer classical shots - theyre more aesthetically pleasing.

You need to get out more......

I can see where this thread is going. I wont allow it to happen. Matt made a joke. Just leave the cricket discussion in the appropriate forum. Some people take things WAY to seriously......................................

Users who are viewing this thread