Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

For the zillionth time on this forum, Ross had approached Sachin earlier. Only after his denial did he go to the Bradman Foundation.

Always nice to be second choice! Nothing says I love you more than "I will settle for you since the other guy said no"!

I can see where this thread is going. I wont allow it to happen. Matt made a joke. Just leave the cricket discussion in the appropriate forum. Some people take things WAY to seriously......................................

Wasn't due to a single post and jokes aren't repeated. But you wouldn't care about that. And I'm not here to argue, would hate that. Just saying that opinions can differ but being the admin, he needs to be more right than wrong in his facts, joke or not.
I always believed it was part of cricket. With that I'll end the discussion on that.

And blockerdave, Matt didn't disrespect Dhoni, I was referring to you. You know why and I'm not talking more about it either.
Also you might prefer test cricket, but I prefer cricket as it is in any form and every form wherever or however its played. I love cricket and its only natural it evolves with time. Period.

Always nice to be second choice! Nothing says I love you more than "I will settle for you since the other guy said no"!

Umm no. I was mentioning the order of the happening not the intention behind it. If Ross had the idea earlier he wouldn't have even gone to Sachin. Hope that clears.

I never tried it, but I'm told you don't need to field every ball manually - but for catches you will (basically point the stick towards the direction the ball is going).

Back on topic, Matt, are you sure we won't be able to field manually as a wicketkeeper at all times? That could cut of valuable gameplay I presume.

Umm no. I was mentioning the order of the happening not the intention behind it. If Ross had the idea earlier he wouldn't have even gone to Sachin. Hope that clears.

Oh yes, very clear sir. May I be bold enough to ask sir how he knows this for a fact!

I'd suggest based on how excited the Big Ant guys were about the name, everyone was the second choice to Bradman. What Ross has said sounded like the negotiations for that took a while so they covered off all the other bases and would have had appropriate alternative options had that fallen though.

Back on topic, Matt, are you sure we won't be able to field manually as a wicketkeeper at all times? That could cut of valuable gameplay I presume.
Key word being, won't need to. I seriously can't imagine wanting to play out a whole match as wicket keeper reacting to every ball - but you can.

I think the fielding is good, it makes you part of the action at all times and it's better than just watching other players bowl.

Is it true that DBC 14 will release in India with name Sir Ravindra Jadeja cricket & for Pakistan Kamran Akmal cricket??????????

Key word being, won't need to. I seriously can't imagine wanting to play out a whole match as wicket keeper reacting to every ball - but you can.

Yeah probably not all the while but knowing you could, incase you feel like, is a good thing.

I noticed in Matts career mode video (the 19 minute one) that when he was playing the one day match against Qld, there was no indication while he was batting as to the target or required run rate. It doesnt seem to run across the bottom of the screen as his score and team score did. Am I missing something or do you have to activate a menu to keep yourself on target in a run chase.

I would imagine it would have to be brought up in the menu because:

A) they have tried to minimize huds in the game

B) they have tried to give it a more realistic part of an actual match feel and you are not told the required run rate in a match and have to look at the scoreboard to know exactly.

I never tried it, but I'm told you don't need to field every ball manually - but for catches you will (basically point the stick towards the direction the ball is going).

I'm wondering how this will interact with the edge behind system and the idea that you won't always know if there's an edge/whether to review.

Surely if the game forces you to take control when there's a catch then you'll always know that there's been an edge?

(I note this concern's been raised a few times by different people)

Surely if the game forces you to take control when there's a catch then you'll always know that there's been an edge?
Because it'd happen in real time, the only way you'd know is after you'd dropped it by not pressing anything.

I suppose it's more that you're not going to be constantly conceding byes if you aren't perfect in your timing of basic keeping, but if you don't react well to those slight chances you'll miss them.

But as I've said, I didn't try it, so I might not be relaying the mechanics accurately from my memory of the mention of it.

Hello to all my fellow cricket fans. Ive been reading all of the amazing posts day in and day out. Had to join to view all the amazing player cards. A job well done by everyone. Thanks to ross and the entire BA team fo brining such an awesome game to cricket lovers. CANT WAIT TO GET STARTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would imagine it would have to be brought up in the menu because:

A) they have tried to minimize huds in the game

B) they have tried to give it a more realistic part of an actual match feel and you are not told the required run rate in a match and have to look at the scoreboard to know exactly.

They have the team score + fallen wickets available on the screen with the batsman's score, bowling speed etc. alternating in front of the team score. Am sure they will have the required run rate there as well.

Users who are viewing this thread