Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

I will be so upset if this doesnt come for Christmas .. :noway South Park Stick of Truth is already postponed to eternity ..

"coming soon, this Christmas season, one sad little fella"

Forgive my ignorance but has the date been revealed for releasing the trailer or will it be another of pleasant surprises?

^ Nope. No date has been revealed so far, but in time it will be.

Forgive my ignorance but has the date been revealed for releasing the trailer or will it be another of pleasant surprises?

Well; the trailer is being released along with the release date; and why bother releasing a release date for the release date?

We will have to see what happens over the next few days.

This could be just a contractual release so as to fulfil obligations.

It is not "normal" to sell online prior to retail at less than retail, a lot of retail buyers are going to be really pissed off.

BTW: As I predicted - $20

Not for retail though, I guess. Flipkart still lists it as Rs.1499 which is higher than 20$ and taking pre orders.

And a man of the series cake!!!!

Just got around to watching these, finally.

I was a little underwhelmed at first by a few things; disappointing to see staples of many cricket games past like "outside edge generated despite the batsman middling it", "ball flying out of the bowler's hand at the wrong point of his action", "automatic massive footwork adjustment if you play the ball on the wrong side of the wicket" and of course "bowler's action is in super slow motion and the ball takes forever to get to the other end" make yet another appearance.

These are only slight annoyances and would be viewed by all and sundry as purely cosmetic if the gameplay held up, so I wasn't too concerned, but in watching people play that's all the information you're really going to get.

The more I watched it though, the more I did like it. The atmosphere of the game, from what I can tell anyway, just felt much more like actually playing cricket than the atmosphere one feels from watching it on TV. This was true even when the user had selected the more cinematic angle to play with; it just felt like club cricket, like you were really out there. I really like this, if for no other reason than it being less likely to make me annoyed by any lack of realism or poor simulation-like effects. Less uncanny valley if you're not holding it to the realism standards of a TV game in your head.

I can't speak highly enough of what the stroke play looked like on the off side and down the ground. It's a real cricketer's cricket game this; punchy drives on the up and sweet timing. We didn't really get to see any on side play bar a couple of balls that were driven from outside off so I'll reserve judgement on that, but the atmosphere and feel the batting animations created was great.

Still pretty disappointed with how unthreatening the bowling looks. Someone really needs to speed the whole process up. I gather the slow-mo delivery stride is necessary in order to complete the complex animation that is a bowling action, but I think I'd rather see it all jumbled and skipped over if it meant the bowler actually kept his momentum through the crease and the run up seemed to mean something. Graphics team showing off too much and cricket knowledge team staying too quiet I reckon. I'm also hoping the bowling will seem quicker on higher difficulty levels.

Reasonably excited anyway!

Last edited:
Just got around to watching these, finally.

I was a little underwhelmed at first by a few things; disappointing to see staples of many cricket games past like "outside edge generated despite the batsman middling it", "ball flying out of the bowler's hand at the wrong point of his action", "automatic massive footwork adjustment if you play the ball on the wrong side of the wicket" and of course "bowler's action is in super slow motion and the ball takes forever to get to the other end" make yet another appearance.

These are only slight annoyances and would be viewed by all and sundry as purely cosmetic if the gameplay held up, so I wasn't too concerned, but in watching people play that's all the information you're really going to get.

The more I watched it though, the more I did like it. The atmosphere of the game, from what I can tell anyway, just felt much more like actually playing cricket than the atmosphere one feels from watching it on TV. This was true even when the user had selected the more cinematic angle to play with; it felt more like club cricket than it did watching an international on TV. I really like this, if for no other reason than it being less likely to make me annoyed by any lack of realism or poor simulation-like effects. Less uncanny valley if you're not holding it to the realism standards of a TV game in your head.

I can't speak highly enough of what the stroke play looked like on the off side and down the ground. It's a real cricketer's cricket game this; punchy drives on the up and sweet timing. We didn't really get to see any on side play bar a couple of balls that were driven from outside off so I'll reserve judgement on that, but the atmosphere and feel the batting animations created was great.

Still pretty disappointed with how unthreatening the bowling looks. Someone really needs to speed the whole process up. I gather the slow-mo delivery stride is necessary in order to complete the complex animation that is a bowling action, but I think I'd rather see it all jumbled and skipped over if it meant the bowler actually kept his momentum through the crease and the run up seemed to mean something. Graphics team showing off too much and cricket knowledge team staying too quiet I reckon. I'm also hoping the bowling will seem quicker on higher difficulty levels.

Reasonably excited anyway!

just a couple of things to bear in mind:

the videos where users are bowling, remember both animation and speed are heavily reliant on user input - the better we get at the game the better/smoother it'll look.
most of the videos are on easier levels and have default attributes which makes even AI bowling quite slow
some of the issues you mentioned like the edge are down to an old build that turned up as a third machine which sadly was the one matt mostly played. we're told these weren't an issue on the other machines (final build) and further there is a day one patch (nobody outside Big Ant has played with this yet) which should resolve more issues.

Users who are viewing this thread