Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

Just got around to watching these, finally.

I was a little underwhelmed at first by a few things; disappointing to see staples of many cricket games past like "outside edge generated despite the batsman middling it",

This was very noticeable in one of the videos. It's been around since the EA days, possibly before. It's not a gamebreaker but gives a scripted feel to the game. Hopefully just an early build bug that has been recognised and fixed

I've said before on demos - the only good demo would be to actually play the full game.

Once we're all on next-gen consoles - then we can finally just have a time limited go on the full thing.

Please show me how it is only possible for someone of a particular race to play the helicopter shot and then you might have a point. As far as I'm aware there is no cricket shot or delivery that is exclusive to a particular race or country.

As a general statement - I hate how batsman centric cricket has become - in shorter forms people are going out to the middle with bats twice as thick as they were a few years back and just slogging it. Combined with rule changes to encourage more big hitting, it has removed the real fight between bat and ball that to me makes cricket exciting.

That means, I'm dismissive of the 'innovative' shots that T20 cricket has born out - and it's not the kind of way I'd want to play a video game - because it's not what I like about cricket.

I intended it as a joke - I think that's clear to the vast majority of those reading it.

Holy Bat-mobile!! :eek: I was supposed to figure all that out just by reading this line.
"The scoop shot is the only one I tried/saw because I'd rather play cricket and not helicopter."
I am extremely sorry bro!! U r beyond racism or any kind of "ism". U r an absolutely genius. I am sure u can fly around like superman too. U r AWESOME!!! :yes

Holy Bat-mobile!! :eek: I was supposed to figure all that out just by reading this line.
"The scoop shot is the only one I tried/saw because I'd rather play cricket and not helicopter."
I am extremely sorry bro!! U r beyond racism or any kind of "ism". U r an absolutely genius. I am sure u can fly around like superman too. U r AWESOME!!! :yes

Tell you what why dont you just shut up now for a time and stop spamming or be gone....time is up.

Ban him i say. We don't need brown people here.....

reminds me of the Seinfeld "anti-Dentite" episode.

Jerry: Dentists, who needs them?
Jerry's GF: yeah, not to mention Blacks and Jews...

it's obvious to me, with his crude dismissal of the helicopter shot, Matt was echoing just these sentiments.

reminds me of the Seinfeld "anti-Dentite" episode.

Jerry: Dentists, who needs them?
Jerry's GF: yeah, not to mention Blacks and Jews...

it's obvious to me, with his crude dismissal of the helicopter shot, Matt was echoing just these sentiments.

I hate to imagine how cyclic-aviators are feeling at the moment....

off topic much

----------

pc forum rules....post quality not quantity....dont post to try and annoy others...dont post when you havent got anything useful to say...hmmm not quite following the rules

----------

your own rules no less

Less is more as Biggs would say.

did anyone look at the video i posted?.....holy grail on afl live was awesome and i think this song on db14 would be awesome also...mattw can you try to get ross to consider this :)

did anyone look at the video i posted?.....holy grail on afl live was awesome and i think this song on db14 would be awesome also...mattw can you try to get ross to consider this :)

I think people got sick of that song in afl live mate but who knows.

----------

Ban him i say. We don't need brown people here.....

But I have a great tan from the cairns aussie sun.:p

I think people got sick of that song in afl live mate but who knows.

----------

But I have a great tan from the cairns aussie sun.:p

yes i do agree with you in principle...but they also had the other song which was good also...and plus this is a song about bradman in a bradman game..i think it would be different...but thankyou for at least responding to my post

----------

ps the ashes starting soon woohoo...lets hope its a close series with twists...bring on the perth test

Long time reader first time poster!

Is there going to be another playtest of Bradman cricket before the game is released?

yes i do agree with you in principle...but they also had the other song which was good also...and plus this is a song about bradman in a bradman game..i think it would be different...but thankyou for at least responding to my post

----------

ps the ashes starting soon woohoo...lets hope its a close series with twists...bring on the perth test

No worries mate. I read somewhere in this thread that Ross agree two songs for afl live was not enough and for DBC14 well music I don't care to much about but for the Dons name some goodies would be good.

PS Off topic, Ashes start tomorrow and so excited I can't sleep.

1st test Draw.
2nd test England.
3rd test(seeing this one live in Perth, first 4 days) Aussies like always.
4th and 5th one Draw and a win for Aussies. 2 1 to the Aussies.:clap

OK, I am not asking for a release date. I just want to know this information:

When the game comes out:

Will I be able to go to the local GameStop in USA and pick it up?

if not:

Will there be a PSN Digital version of the game that I can download and play in the USA?

Users who are viewing this thread