Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

I joined here to discuss about cricket and cricket VGs with like minded people. Didn't know that I need to have a "special skin color" to join up...my bad. :(

It's cool, brah. I didn't know that either... turns out the colour of 2013 is green! You can imagine my embarrassment when I turned up at the "Staff Mods of 2012" calendar shoot last year in purple (after spending all night with purple food coloring, a bucket, sponge and shaving my childhood barney soft toy).

Flashforward to the next year and I get a "sorry, but we're going in another direction with our mod staff..." email from Barmy.

Classic drunk scottish purple racism at work. Purplephobia.

holy grail on afl live was awesome and i think this song on db14 would be awesome also...

No.

Here's to reading every post on this topic, refreshing it a few times when you get to the end. Then going to another topic which has no new posts then coming back to this topic and refresh it a few times again.

Then going to Ashes13 forum reading the 3 posts from the last month and coming back to this topic. Then checking the score between Pakistan and South Africa then coming back to this topic and refresh it a few more times.

Then going to the loo, taking the Ipad with and checking this topic again. Get back to the laptop, get to this topic go to the previous page and then going back to the last page refreshing it a few times.

Then viewing the profile of the last person who posted then coming back.....

You get it right?

Long time reader first time poster!

Is there going to be another playtest of Bradman cricket before the game is released?

Welcome! MattW has been invited to the BA Studios to have a good go of the game within the next couple of weeks. At the end of November we should no more about where we stand with this all.

It's cool, brah. I didn't know that either... turns out the colour of 2013 is green! You can imagine my embarrassment when I turned up at the "Staff Mods of 2012" calendar shoot last year in purple (after spending all night with purple food coloring, a bucket, sponge and shaving my childhood barney soft toy).

Flashforward to the next year and I get a "sorry, but we're going in another direction with our mod staff..." email from Barmy.

Classic drunk scottish purple racism at work. Purplephobia.

No.

To be fair I don't think it was actually the purple: it was more the luminescent yellow sock you decided to where to cove up your "manhood".......Sheila, the office cleaning lady has never been able to eat a banana since, poor girl and my appetite for meatballs went right out the window.

Ross: Is there a time for appealing [manual appeal]?? I mean like appealing within 5 sec or 2sec otherwise will be said as late appeal and no decisions will be taken??

those videos were from the playsession and being played by consumers. If their reviews mean nothing to you than I guess nothing will please you.:facepalm

They were also playing on a low difficulty level, so damn straight it didn't please me. I want to know how the game plays on tougher levels - what's the run rate like; what is it like to play without the markers around the ball and things like that.

So I'll be waiting for reviews. I got badly burned leaping on Rome 2 as soon as it was released, so I've learned my lesson (Rome 2 is easily the worst Total War game ever).

They were also playing on a low difficulty level, so damn straight it didn't please me. I want to know how the game plays on tougher levels - what's the run rate like; what is it like to play without the markers around the ball and things like that.

So I'll be waiting for reviews. I got badly burned leaping on Rome 2 as soon as it was released, so I've learned my lesson (Rome 2 is easily the worst Total War game ever).

there was a comment from matt that he played highest difficulty in the nets, found it extremely tough and even the big ant guys were by no means comfortable batting at that level - seems fairly promising, i should think. sadly don't think there was any footage of that though (certainly not much)

Basically it's a question of whether the difficulty can be mastered through skills which seem analogous to the real life game.

Fingers crossed.

I think over and above how realistic the difficulty of batting is how realistic the AI batting will be in regards to being thought-out.

Nothing was more frustrating in Ashes/ICC 2010 when you managed to get the AI out but never felt like you earned it. It was almost as if everything was pre-determined....when a new AI batsman came in it was as though his time at the crease was determined before you even got him out. It was decided he would face 37 balls and no matter how badly you bowled, low and behold, he was out on that delivery.

And by the same token, you would try and convince yourself that you're trying to "out think" the guy, bowl an absolutely unplayable delivery only to be flicked over cow-corner for a 6 off the front foot.

I really hope DBC will deliver a convincing sense of achievement when you get a batsman to edge behind. So that mastering the bowling controls is the great leveller....not some random backstage computing.

Last edited:
okay I'm late to the party (only watched the full batting videos on youtube last night) and trolling through 130 pages is a bit much.

I noticed the batting animations looked good but also looked weird. I mean, the majority of cover shots where more like slogs than precise straight bat cover drives even though the outcome was about the same.

Is this being improved?

okay I'm late to the party (only watched the full batting videos on youtube last night) and trolling through 130 pages is a bit much.

I noticed the batting animations looked good but also looked weird. I mean, the majority of cover shots where more like slogs than precise straight bat cover drives even though the outcome was about the same.

Is this being improved?

Being 'improved' in what sense?

Maybe they were trying to play aggressive shots on the ones that look more like slogs? Matt's career videos show some very conventional looking drives along the ground.

just going by the YT videos I watched last night (I think there's one where its just all batting). Maybe its the shot selection I dunno.... just looked weird eg. leg side ball being hit to the covers. I need to find the video again (am at work so can't).

just going by the YT videos I watched last night (I think there's one where its just all batting). Maybe its the shot selection I dunno.... just looked weird eg. leg side ball being hit to the covers. I need to find the video again (am at work so can't).

The game was probably being played on easy, i suspect theres little to no penalty at all for playing shots on the off when they are going down leg, or vice versa.

Also if you check a few posts above
there was a comment from matt that he played highest difficulty in the nets, found it extremely tough and even the big ant guys were by no means comfortable batting at that level - seems fairly promising, i should think. sadly don't think there was any footage of that though (certainly not much)

So i think we're good on this one

Last edited:

You have to be careful saying anything remotely critical in these parts or snowy/biggs will jump on you and have a go at you for judging a game before its released despite the fact they are doing the exact same but positively. I agree that the animations dont look brilliant, the game will probably be the best cricket game yet but that doesnt say a lot.

Its supposed to be a discussion but its all one way with those guys...

Now for red ant man to quote this saying '... Is on your block list' then following it up in another thread saying that the release will be delayed to 2014 because he cant admit that the game isnt fully finished yet, eg still being patched.

You have to be careful saying anything remotely critical in these parts or snowy/biggs will jump on you and have a go at you for judging a game before its released despite the fact they are doing the exact same but positively. I agree that the animations dont look brilliant, the game will probably be the best cricket game yet but that doesnt say a lot.

Its supposed to be a discussion but its all one way with those guys...

Now for red ant man to quote this saying '... Is on your block list' then following it up in another thread saying that the release will be delayed to 2014 because he cant admit that the game isnt fully finished yet, eg still being patched.

No mate you have it all wrong, the game is finished 100% ready to go since September didn't you know?

Also doesn't matter what Ross does tbh he can release it whenever the most important thing is that he's our friend so as long as that stays A-okay then no problems here!

Users who are viewing this thread