Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

I wouldn't give heed to some of the negative comments made here. The content is just not big enough to come to a conclusion yet. However, I must say I'm quite impressed with the way the stadium crowds have been shown so far. Looking forward to more.

Good job BigAnt team :thumbs

I attended the play session today. It was fantastic to see the game in motion. Very smooth gameplay and graphics. The only issue I would raise is when playing a drive off a spinner and you miss, you really need to quickly hit that circle button to get back into the crease. This seems to happen most of the time. Personally I would like to see this tweaked as the amount of stumpings that happened today was enormous! That's the only negative piece of feedback I have, otherwise I love it and can not wait for its release. Thanks Ross and the team for allowing us to be part of the session this afternoon!:)

If you are out of your crease and the wicket keeper is standing up to the stumps then most of the time you will be out stumped, there really is no time to get back, are you sure you would want this to be otherwise?

I attended the play session today. It was fantastic to see the game in motion. Very smooth gameplay and graphics. The only issue I would raise is when playing a drive off a spinner and you miss, you really need to quickly hit that circle button to get back into the crease. This seems to happen most of the time. Personally I would like to see this tweaked as the amount of stumpings that happened today was enormous! That's the only negative piece of feedback I have, otherwise I love it and can not wait for its release. Thanks Ross and the team for allowing us to be part of the session this afternoon!:)

If possible, give us a detailed review based on what you saw/played :D!!! What were your best 4-5 moments of the day???

i think hes saying every off drive you play you leave your crease slightly? Im sure you can adjust your footwork though...anyone confirm that?

If you are out of your crease and the wicket keeper is standing up to the stumps then most of the time you will be out stumped, there really is no time to get back, are you sure you would want this to be otherwise?

He mentioned playing a drive, is it front foot or backfoot? or everytime you play drive he is automatically coming out of the crease?

I dont know how its implemented but I think getting back should only be required if you move out your front foot too much to the front or come out of your crease or are standing out of your crease.

Finally came out of cocoon once again due to excitement. :D Had been controlling it for long time once again. Same old trick just not to come on PC.net forum :yes .. Couldn't hold myself today.
However my story is little bit different than most of the guys about getting this game. As it is my WIFE :eek: who promised me to gift this game on my birthday (may be its because she is little bit p***ed off about not able to watch her favorite shows on TV :D). I don't think it will happen though as only two more days remaining for Sunday.
Anyhow she is still keeping her word and waiting to place pre-order once it is available here. :cheers

Till now whatever I saw about the play session is absolutely great. Most eagerly waiting for Mattw to post his recordings. :yes (Thanks MattW in advance for that :p)

And congrats to BigAnts team (Ross, Mikey & HBK ..) for successfully completing the event. :clap :clap

Last edited:

A detail review would be cool...My question would be you got stumped because you were unaware of your position or it is impossible to get back in time??..If the case is that you have to keep your mind in the game and come back then it is quite cool and realistic feature and if the issue is that you have no chance and you will always get stumped then it will come as (flying wicket-keeper who catches everything even if he is standing up to the stump and ball flies after hitting top edge in last cricket 2010 and so game).

Okay the files are big, so what I'm going to do is upload some of the short clips first - and then I've got a 600MB file of career mode! Might be tomorrow before that all finishes - nearly 1.5GB of video overall.

Okay the files are big, so what I'm going to do is upload some of the short clips first - and then I've got a 600MB file of career mode! Might be tomorrow before that all finishes - nearly 1.5GB of video overall.

Where do I file a complaint? thats not enough, we want more, EVERYONE ALWAYS WANTS MORE!!!! TINDOOLKAR!!!

Cool. Will you be posting your review as well? :)

Will you be posting your review as well?
I don't feel that I've played enough to 'review' it - I'll put a post up with some first impressions once I've got all the video uploads queued.

Apologies in advance for those who have YouTube blocked - I'll try to add the videos to the PC server at some point.

That 1.5gig might not include the actual game by any chance? :lol

He mentioned playing a drive, is it front foot or backfoot? or everytime you play drive he is automatically coming out of the crease?

No only front foot. I know I could move batsman side to side on the crease pre delivery but not sure if I could move inside or outside of the crease pre delivery. Maybe a question for Ross.

We should be able to have one foot in the crease and play a drive and miss the ball without the back foot sliding out of the crease. I understand that sometimes a batsman can lose balance and fall out of the crease but it shouldn't happen all the time.

In saying this my timing was dismal in a lot of the shots anyway! Lol!

Users who are viewing this thread