Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

That's what shows up when you flip through the list on the stadium select screen. Unless there are unlockables that's it.

You guys tried any sub-continent stadiums ?? can you share the look and feel ??

You can set up teams to have stadiums based on these with different names. Take a look through the current build of the Cricket Academy to see them for each side.

Good to know that. Were you able to set up custom teams/competitions in career mode and play with them?

We see some bugs in Blobhead video but I guess they are fixed as it was because of the older version isnt it ??? for e.g. like ball passing inside the bat for slip catch.

did anyone that attended play with the pro cam when batting? havnt heard much about it and thought it may turn out to be a pretty good feature

We see some bugs in Blobhead video but I guess they are fixed as it was because of the older version isnt it ???
Everything you see are from either the release build or where there's the 'preorder' sign under the TV, that's from a pre-release build that's a product of the odd environment of running the game outside of the internal Big Ant network, but let me go on the Cricket Academy.

There's a zero-day patch to the game to fix issues in the initial release. Obviously it'll be good if you can spot bugs and the Big Ant guys can make sure they are gone from the patch release.

did anyone that attended play with the pro cam when batting?
There's footage, but from a bad angle, so it's last of what I'll upload.

@MattW - did they reveal anything more about skills? or whether keeper can stand up to medium pace?
Mikey might have something on skills at some point. Tbh, the detail you're interested in kinda goes over my head, so I can't be of much help.

Didn't try the keeper thing.

Seriously, I'd rather other people talk about the game and make videos, it's all about the passion that's being shown, it can't be faked...

Some of those BARS videos have the most delightful reactions that are incredibly genuine and the kinda stuff you would hear in any cheap-seats at any stadium. Makes me so jealous I couldn't have been there! Cool stuff.

it was the best turn out for any playsession we have done...

...sooooo, more than ten?

Also worth mentioning seeing my TGGI Bat in motion almost had me a bit teary-eyed... Seriously, well done guys. What a great day to be a cricket games fan.

The main problem with such game is that it is never enough how much ever you see the game unless you get it to play after release...The same feeling that I had with GTA V...;):p

----------

So many are talking about the commentary to be improved but forgot to mention the crowd noise effect on the gameplay...Simply amazing...:D:cheers

It's that shot of the stadium at the end of the over from the BA vs. PC match that had me at hello... and the scoreboard transition that is the attention-to-detail stuff that we've never seen before, truly incredible little touches that make all the difference.

Also via the DBC14 hashtag:

Everyone stay tuned on @twistie3's YouTube channel! Plenty of exciting #DBC14 videos coming. ;-)

...so worth taking a look over there!

Everything you see are from either the release build or where there's the 'preorder' sign under the TV, that's from a pre-release build that's a product of the odd environment of running the game outside of the internal Big Ant network, but let me go on the Cricket Academy.

There's a zero-day patch to the game to fix issues in the initial release. Obviously it'll be good if you can spot bugs and the Big Ant guys can make sure they are gone from the patch release.
\

Was there any specific mention of the abundance of run-outs in the career mode video being related to the devkit build?

It's that shot of the stadium at the end of the over from the BA vs. PC match that had me at hello... and the scoreboard transition that is the attention-to-detail stuff that we've never seen before, truly incredible little touches that make all the difference.

the scoreboard transition, and the scorecard loading screen, were the two most impressive (non-gameplay) aspects for me. attention to detail, very classy in the realisation and just lovely.

Was there any specific mention of the abundance of run-outs in the career mode video being related to the devkit build?

That build had a bug that when a ball came back on a throw if the seam hit the ground it moved way too much and caused overthrows, extra runs, and run outs because it was unpredictable.

----------

Also via the DBC14 hashtag:

Quote:
Everyone stay tuned on @twistie3's YouTube channel! Plenty of exciting #DBC14 videos coming. ;-)

...so worth taking a look over there!

Yeah, they were the guys I felt sorry for because they had too much pro equipment and so couldn't record at EB. It's ok they got an exclusive interview and some gameplay with MikeM in our offices :)

Last edited:
Here we go guys:

Dean Milhe ?@twistie3
@AWBiggs @BGLMEDIA @BigAntStudios yeah not tonight. Haven't been home. Expect something by 1-2pm tomorrow with gameplay

@AWBiggs @BGLMEDIA @BigAntStudios then after that expect an exclusive interview with Ross at around 6pm

So more videos and an exclusive interview tomorrow.

Worth subscribing to @twistie3's YouTube Channel I think...

Those should be quality videos given they've been taken at the office with good gear.

Users who are viewing this thread