Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

amen.

but seriously...most of the shots seen today were amazing, textbook looking.

there was one problem with an edge on the old build, in the 20 minutes video around the 16 minute mark there is another edge which was fluent, beautiful.

go buy ashes, i dare you, i double dare you.

Oh Martyn, you're delightfully precious...

Bluntly, I played a massively enjoyable game with controls that totally change what you think should be the norm for cricket games.

I didn't see anyone there today, of the more than 50 people who dropped in to see the game who didn't come away from it impressed.

I'll take that over picking faults in a video anyday.

Some very nice videos here.

OK, from what I've seen so far the game looks pretty good.

+It feels like cricket.
+Crowd reactions are good.
+BARS is excellent and adds tension.
+Finally, controllable fielders.
+Looks good.
+Editing is very in depth.

-Crowd seems to sound the same, whether at a big ground or small ground.
-Bat on ball sound needs more variety.
-Don't like the trails and markers on the ball.
-Runs seem too easy to come by in tests.

I'm sure quite a bit of that is down to the early build. Despite what I've said, it still looks like it could take the crown of Best Cricket Game Ever.

Bluntly, I played a massively enjoyable game with controls that totally change what you think should be the norm for cricket games.

I didn't see anyone there today, of the more than 50 people who dropped in to see the game who didn't come away from it impressed.

I'll take that over picking faults in a video anyday.

Did they all see the magical inside edge that went to the slips?

In Matt's career mode video he keeps hitting the ball through cover/mid off and the field doesn't change at all (only one man out there). Any reason why not?

-Don't like the trails and markers on the ball.
-Runs seem too easy to come by in tests.
Both are related to playing on a low difficulty setting (because you know - we're all playing it for the first time). The markers disappear as you go up the scales and the AI adjusts for the fact that at lower difficulties it is easier to score, so realistic run rates happen on the higher difficulty levels.

Both are related to playing on a low difficulty setting (because you know - we're all playing it for the first time). The markers disappear as you go up the scales and the AI adjusts for the fact that at lower difficulties it is easier to score, so realistic run rates happen on the higher difficulty levels.

Thanks for clearing that up. :)

Are the catching animations the same in the final build? Some of them look very casual at present. Saw one or two one handed takes by the keeper and slips etc with the player sometimes looking the wrong way. I think IC10 did that it doesn't look nice.

Users who are viewing this thread