Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

****If there are only 13 stadiums in the match then it wont help the game to be played for years unlike EA SPORTS
*As far as graphics are concerned they are top notch
*player build was good
*still have to see the COMMUNITY created players in game
*commentry is little above average
*Since,it is an old build we still doesn't know complete AI maybe its excellent in completed game
Finally its worth playing this game
WE REALLY HOPE FOR MORE STADIUMS ROSS

We did see the PC and BigAnt Forum Teams in action

MattW: Were you able to swing the ball or saw the AI swing it ??:)

This is a bit like asking 100 Australians if the Australian cricket team are good...

The international audience has been asking questions about the videos.

This sounds like one of the Indian news show anchor, "India is asking questions". :lol:lol:lol

How vague can your argument get martyn!!

We did see the PC and BigAnt Forum Teams in action
And here's one being downloaded, via a wifi hotspot on a 3G phone - worked fine.

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2013-11-08-01h04m29s96.png
    vlcsnap-2013-11-08-01h04m29s96.png
    201 KB · Views: 94
So this wasn't the final build, but a couple of things I hope get ironed out

- Why are more than 50% of batsmen getting run out in the simming?
- Why are they trying to score at 7-8 an over?
- Is there no option to turn on the pitch marker when batting? I dont see how you can judge a shot quickly enough without one. As we can see on the video the guy could only choose to drive everything. I bet if he was bowled a bouncer without the pitch marker he wouldn't be able to react to it. You get around half a second to react to a ball, something that is tough when it is being bowled at you, and impossible when you are watching on a screen and have to translate it into pressing of buttons

It looks encouraging, but the benchmark for cricket games is so hilariously low at the moment. Take a look at what offerings you get with other sports.

Last edited:
This is a bit like asking 100 Australians if the Australian cricket team are good...

The international audience has been asking questions about the videos.

And why are you still up at 3am in New Zealand?

Time for some shut eye.

Thing is, I'm pretty sure most Aussies would say that the Australian cricket team isn't very good right now. ;)

This sounds like one of the Indian news show anchor, "India is asking questions". :lol:lol:lol

How vague can your argument get martyn!!

The Indian guys have made some very good points.

You'll have to trawl through the thread to understand the arguments.

We really can't be judging the sound of the game since it's going from a TV in a shop via a camera phone into YouTube. Come on guys...

Even so, you can clearly hear that the sound of bat on ball is pretty much always the same, which isn't the case in real cricket.

So this wasn't the final build, but a couple of things I hope get ironed out

- Why are more than 50% of batsmen getting run out in the simming?
- Why are they trying to score at 7-8 an over?
- Is there no option to turn on the pitch marker when batting? I dont see how you can judge a shot quickly enough without one. As we can see on the video the guy could only choose to drive everything. I bet if he was bowled a bouncer without the pitch marker he wouldn't be able to react to it.

It looks encouraging, but the benchmark for cricket games is so hilariously low at the moment. Take a look at what offerings you get with other sports.

1. Due to bugged build
2. Easiest difficulty setting
3. There are no pitch markers in this game.

Mikey : The team appealing for the catch - is it a bug or such things happen like the real cricket? ?:)
p.s : I Know that its older build and has bugs in it..

The Indian guys have made some very good points.

You'll have to troll through the thread to understand the arguments.

That's your solution to everything, isn't it?

Thing is, I'm pretty sure most Aussies would say that the Australian cricket team isn't very good right now. ;)

The unbiased Aussies :lol

I'm sure the Melbourne crowd will be applauding the Englishmen politely.

Shame there is not a buzz killington in our team.

----------

That's your solution to everything, isn't it?

I'm no sycophant...call it a weakness if you want.

God Martyn can you say anything nice.:facepalm

So I have been away all day fishing and well just thinking about PC to be honest.
Ok now for the game, looks great and I will not say the same stuff as others as I have read though this thread from top to bottom.

Game looks great overall, sure not perfect but I was not expecting something Fifa level;).

I hope there will be more stadiums than 13 is my biggest fault with the game, needs double that or more, DLC Ross.:D
If this is there first try at a cricket game god game two is going to be the bomb.
Thanks to MattW, you must be so tired( So am I dude) and the Bigant team, we just need the release date so we can pick up the game soon.:cheers

Today we know so much more about the game... I think now it is time to collect all those facts into a proper thread so everyone can read what we knew about it.

God Martyn can you say anything nice.:facepalm

cheers

I understand it's about as popular as the Grinch on Christmas morning to criticise the game right now and I hope that kids wake up on xmas morning looking forward to this game.

I don't want to spoil anybody's excitement!

But simply blindly praising a flawed game will help noone.

My aim is to assist the developer to identify issues that are relevant when you take an unbiased look at the game.

Users who are viewing this thread