Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

Perhaps everyone should list their positive and negative thoughts? Most people have I know, but surely those who are slating it must have seen something they liked and vice versa?

I said the presentation was very good already.

But EA have very good presentation.

Our emphasis has to be gameplay.

Perhaps everyone should list their positive and negative thoughts? Most people have I know, but surely those who are slating it must have seen something they liked and vice versa?

absolutely, well said; i think a balanced opinion can usually be respected, even if it's not agreed with.

Being a little positive wouldn't mean not criticising the game would it?

Whist I value your opinion I am much more inclined to value the opinion of Matt who was a) right on top of the game b) someone who knows all the games c) doesn't shy from calling what he sees d) is generally a great and honest guy

I know this is not relevant to the topic, but I hate the latest Sim City so much. The worst game of all time, and I think always will be. Well done Big Ant for not being like EA.

MattW: Ross mentioned that there's jog, sprint, walk for taking runs ... How does that work in the game ??:)

p.s : This is not mentioned in the controls as well ...

Last edited:
hi martyn, you're right that some of the things in the videos Matt uploaded are unquestionably not right, but where you're going wrong is in overlooking the "old build" explanation. my suggestion would be maybe check some videos by other attendees - there was a link to another youtube channel earlier - and see if these persist in the retail version.

if they do, then yeah there's a problem. if not, well then, not.

and even with some of the bugs (no game is without some), do you not agree that it's still pretty impressive and there are some lovely touches?

if ross crapped on a plate there are one or two here who would proclaim it the greatest game ever, but most of us here are giving an honest, balanced appraisal, and most of us are impressed and importantly it seems that those who actually got to play today are uniformly impressed. i think that's a pretty good indicator.

i was pretty sceptical from the start about how useful the play session would be for those of us who couldn't attend, and i'm pleased to admit i was 100% wrong. the depth and quality of the footage and analysis we got out of today exceeded my expectations immensely.

it looks like being a hell of a fun game to play, and while i am sure there will be issues - no game of any type, no software of any type, has ever been 100% perfect - i think we can surely agree it looks like being better than what's gone before?

BTW what was the other youtube channel I missed it ???

Whist I value your opinion I am much more inclined to value the opinion of Matt who was a) right on top of the game b) someone who knows all the games c) doesn't shy from calling what he sees d) is generally a great and honest guy

even Matt couldn't believe that the ball went striaight through the bat to the slips as he exclaimed during the video.

It is hard to be objective when you are very friendly with the game developer who is your countryman also though of course.

And put that infraction away please before you harm somebody with it:D

i think Biggs put the link in somewhere - twistie3 i think was the (youtube) user. haven't been able to check it out yet, unfortunately. haven't been able to see any of the vids with sound yet, which is a pity.

Shocking how this guy who dares to point out some criticisms is getting panned on here. Why have a discussion forum if he can't make his point? This game looks great, there can also be some valid concerns. Live and let live

Hey Rich. He's getting panned because he's been at it for months usually based on zero evidence and everyone has lost patience.
We just end up going round in circles normally

Personally I want to know why the AI kept only one fielder between cover and mid-off when MattW was hitting the ball in that area every shot,

----------

even Matt couldn't believe that the ball went striaight through the bat to the slips as he exclaimed during the video.

We all noticed it (ditto the runouts). We all said "that's not right" and as Ross has said that it was due to the old build there isn't much more to address unless we see those issues repeated in the retail version.

It is hard to be objective when you are very friendly with the game developer who is your countryman also though of course.

Everyone is impressed with the size of my infraction.....
Your point about Matts surprise proves my point. Anyway I will be getting this game and playing it to death whatever anyone else says...

He also posted that it is captured using a pre-build and not the final one and issues are addressed in the final built.

He also posted that it is captured using a pre-build and not the final one and issues are addressed in the final built.

That sounds very lame to use the vernacular. But anyway benefit of the doubt.

Here - have 20 minutes of career mode!

The aerial view of the stadium is AMAZING. Also the lighting condition towards the end where half the stadium has a shadow and the other half is lit up....looks stunning.

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds very lame to use the vernacular. But anyway benefit of the doubt.

honestly, check videos that weren't uploaded by Matt, that weren't on the old build but on the retail build. are the problems still there? it's a genuine question as i haven't had a chance to see the videos from the other build myself yet. if they're not there, it's not lame it's the truth.

if they are there, it's a big deal, and you're right.

Hey Rich. He's getting panned because he's been at it for months usually based on zero evidence and everyone has lost patience.
We just end up going round in circles normally

Personally I want to know why the AI kept only one fielder between cover and mid-off when MattW was hitting the ball in that area every shot,

----------

We all noticed it (ditto the runouts). We all said "that's not right" and as Ross has said that it was due to the old build there isn't much more to address unless we see those issues repeated in the retail version.

The subtle point missed by Colin is that although I have been "at it" as he puts it for many months any game critics have been rudely shouted down by the brainwashed hordes of game admirers who had not one shred of evidence to back up their opinion.

To see such a fundamental issue as edges so broken near to release is a key piece of evidence for me.

Is that panned or "banned" :lol

Users who are viewing this thread