Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

Both are related to playing on a low difficulty setting (because you know - we're all playing it for the first time). The markers disappear as you go up the scales and the AI adjusts for the fact that at lower difficulties it is easier to score, so realistic run rates happen on the higher difficulty levels.

That's will be nice

I understand it's about as popular as the Grinch on Christmas morning to criticise the game right now and I hope that kids wake up on xmas morning looking forward to this game.

I don't want to spoil anybody's excitement!

But simply blindly praising a flawed game will help noone.

My aim is to assist the developer to identify issues that are relevant when you take an unbiased look at the game.

Most of your issues have had an explanation from someone at the playsession or from BigAnt - people are most likely to trust someone who's seen and played the game; including (I assume) the retail build without the bugs the old one had, rather than an internet observer who's only watched videos of the thing that have already been commented on by the bloody developers!

I understand it's about as popular as the Grinch on Christmas morning to criticise the game right now and I hope that kids wake up on xmas morning looking forward to this game.

I don't want to spoil anybody's excitement!

But simply blindly praising a flawed game will help noone.

My aim is to assist the developer to identify issues that are relevant when you take an unbiased look at the game.

Being a little positive and trusting developers whom are really really updating us quite often will make you just feel a little better try it.

Most of your issues have had an explanation from someone at the playsession or from BigAnt - people are most likely to trust someone who's seen and played the game; including (I assume) the retail build without the bugs the old one had, rather than an internet observer who's only watched videos of the thing that have already been commented on by the bloody developers!

By being distanced by 12000 miles from the fervour surrounding this event I have managed to present a reasoned analysis about the hype not matching the reality of this game.

Have you seen the retail version in action? If not then how can you presume how great it is?

It was presumed the game shown at this event was to be amazing and wonderful. It was not.

Realism is a harsh mistress.

this game is waste it doesnt have floating heads and burning stumps are also not there:p (only sarcasm)

After the video ended they rushed over a USB drive to update the build - that was the last bit I played for the day, there were a lot of people there so I didn't want to hog the PS3 for too long.

As such I didn't get to try career mode on the retail build. Perhaps another day.

Thank Mikey as well for being willing to stand there filming it!

Which videos are with the final build...It will be great if you can mention that all videos I see are from EBGames and I thought you played final game at bigant office ?? wasnt it ??

----------

By being distanced by 12000 miles from the fervour surrounding this event I have managed to present a reasoned analysis about the hype not matching the reality of this game.

Have you seen the retail version in action? If not then how can you presume how great it is?

It was presumed the game shown at this event was to be amazing and wonderful. It was not.

Realism is a harsh mistress.

Mike Fegan is that you....cheers mate its November :cheers:spy

Being a little positive and trusting developers whom are really really updating us quite often will make you just feel a little better try it.

Being a little positive wouldn't mean not criticising the game would it?

Where's the ignore button...
#supershtuffthat

Mike Fegan is that you....cheers mate its November :cheers:spy

:lol Mike has his own account...My twin brother had a large part to play in the unmasking of Chief so I have no vested interests here.

The only issue that really stood out for me was in the spin bowling video (which i don't think was an old build) when the fielders ran into the batsman after he was out and he kinda glided across the screen! I think this happened in another video when the batsman ran into a fielder when running too.

Apart from that to say i'm excited about getting this is an understatement! Graphics and gameplay look great, and hearing that the controls are very natural and intuitive is excellent.

Thanks again to everyone involved!

Last edited:
:lol Mike has his own account...My twin brother had a large part to play in the unmasking of Chief so I have no vested interests here.

OMG so there are two of you :eek:

Shocking how this guy who dares to point out some criticisms is getting panned on here. Why have a discussion forum if he can't make his point? This game looks great, there can also be some valid concerns. Live and let live

Perhaps everyone should list their positive and negative thoughts? Most people have I know, but surely those who are slating it must have seen something they liked and vice versa?

Being a little positive wouldn't mean not criticising the game would it?

hi martyn, you're right that some of the things in the videos Matt uploaded are unquestionably not right, but where you're going wrong is in overlooking the "old build" explanation. my suggestion would be maybe check some videos by other attendees - there was a link to another youtube channel earlier - and see if these persist in the retail version.

if they do, then yeah there's a problem. if not, well then, not.

and even with some of the bugs (no game is without some), do you not agree that it's still pretty impressive and there are some lovely touches?

if ross crapped on a plate there are one or two here who would proclaim it the greatest game ever, but most of us here are giving an honest, balanced appraisal, and most of us are impressed and importantly it seems that those who actually got to play today are uniformly impressed. i think that's a pretty good indicator.

i was pretty sceptical from the start about how useful the play session would be for those of us who couldn't attend, and i'm pleased to admit i was 100% wrong. the depth and quality of the footage and analysis we got out of today exceeded my expectations immensely.

it looks like being a hell of a fun game to play, and while i am sure there will be issues - no game of any type, no software of any type, has ever been 100% perfect - i think we can surely agree it looks like being better than what's gone before?

Users who are viewing this thread