Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

Pro Cam... I'm not sure how that's going to work to be honest, but it'll be worth giving it a try.

Yep. Dropped it into my sig for quick reference.

----------

Hey look, another video:

Did you give the ball that much flight or it is the normal delivery??

Last edited by a moderator:
Here - have 20 minutes of career mode!

Awesome.....pure gameplay :cheers

Btw...what's with the keeper taking one handed catches? Even the slip fielder in one of the videos you posted took the catch one handed. Is this because of the build or is that how keeper/slips normally take catches in the game?

Did you give the ball that much flight or it is the normal delivery??
I just spun the sticks around and hoped for the best. If you look at some of the AI bowled spin (it's around) it's not like that.

Matt what's your take on the pro cam?
Didn't try it.

-Bat on ball sound needs more variety.

Sounds are excellent but I agree with this point, although we still have not seen enough of gameplay to know if the sound varies depending on where it hits the bat.
Bluntly, I played a massively enjoyable game with controls that totally change what you think should be the norm for cricket games.

I didn't see anyone there today, of the more than 50 people who dropped in to see the game who didn't come away from it impressed.

I'll take that over picking faults in a video anyday.

Hi Matt, in that last video the speeds appear a little slow, I am assuming that would be the slowest for a spinner and they can bowl a lot faster than that? Otherwise I am very happy with all the bowling actions :)

We really can't be judging the sound of the game since it's going from a TV in a shop via a camera phone into YouTube. Come on guys...

Bluntly, I played a massively enjoyable game with controls that totally change what you think should be the norm for cricket games.

I didn't see anyone there today, of the more than 50 people who dropped in to see the game who didn't come away from it impressed.

I'll take that over picking faults in a video anyday.

I'm quoting this again, but it's important to remember this isn't someone critiquing a video on the internet, but someone who actually PLAYED the thing today. The folks we've seen on twitter as well echo these sentiments. Worthwhile remembering this...

Another positive is almost everyone seemed to grasp the controller system reasonably easy and quickly, which is impressive given it's a fairly major departure from most cricket game controller layouts. Bodes well for that "intuitive" line that is oft-quoted.

Man just watched the longer video God it looks amazing big big progress from all the last games.....Once again many thanks MattW for taking the time and uploading all of this for us whom are not fortunate enough to be there loved the videos and very interesting discussion which clarifies a lot about the game.

****If there are only 13 stadiums in the match then it wont help the game to be played for years unlike EA SPORTS
*As far as graphics are concerned they are top notch
*player build was good
*still have to see the COMMUNITY created players in game
*commentry is little above average
*Since,it is an old build we still doesn't know complete AI maybe its excellent in completed game
Finally its worth playing this game
WE REALLY HOPE FOR MORE STADIUMS ROSS

I'm quoting this again, but it's important to remember this isn't someone critiquing a video on the internet, but someone who actually PLAYED the thing today. The folks we've seen on twitter as well echo these sentiments. Worthwhile remembering this...

Another positive is almost everyone seemed to grasp the controller system reasonably easy and quickly, which is impressive given it's a fairly major departure from most cricket game controller layouts. Bodes well for that "intuitive" line that is oft-quoted.

This is a bit like asking 100 Australians if the Australian cricket team are good...

The international audience has been asking questions about the videos.

And why are you still up at 3am in New Zealand?

Time for some shut eye.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread