Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

Martyn is a hard man simple as that, if he gives it a good review then win win.;)

Tomorrow is going to be a huge day again, so martyn let's wait to see more of the game and in the end if the game is not as good as most of us hoped, then please go buy a different new cricket game. Wait where are they.:eek:

The subtle point missed by Colin is that although I have been "at it" as he puts it for many months any game critics have been rudely shouted down by the brainwashed hordes of game admirers who had not one shred of evidence to back up their opinion.

To see such a fundamental issue as edges so broken near to release is a key piece of evidence for me.

As I've said to you many times, plenty of people, myself included, have pointed out issues, asked questions and expressed concerns but the problem has always been the way you have gone about it. Whilst painting yourself as polite, objective and taking an evidence-based approach, 99% of the time you've been the diametric opposite. Now if you have anything worth saying it tends to get discredited by your previous actions.

Maybe we need to label the vids better so the old build ones have a disclaimer on them.

This is very very good idea it will clarify a lot for those whom are willing to think and work logically.

I have to say I enjoyed the ball trail off bat especially as it gives an Arcady fun element to the game in the easier levels, I was happy to hear it disappears on the higher levels, adding more realism to the game, I agree with some of the less positive points like fielder colliding with batsman and him gliding, ball goin through bat and inside edge to slip, but as these have been addressed its not a problem, the sound off the bat was good, i assume it was samey because the shots played where mostly attacking, hooefully there will be differences depending on shots played, love the graphics, crowd, scoreboard etc happy with it overall, it hasn't got a high benchmark to attain, so all in all it looks a very good 1st effort, it can only get better with sequels, so for me I'm looking forward to getting DB14 ASAP. Hopefully before mid December!!! Personally like to thank mattw etc for taking the time to post vids, really enjoyed it.

Last edited:
As I've said to you many times, plenty of people, myself included, have pointed out issues, asked questions and expressed concerns but the problem has always been the way you have gone about it. Whilst painting yourself as polite, objective and taking an evidence-based approach, 99% of the time you've been the diametric opposite. Now if you have anything worth saying it tends to get discredited by your previous actions.

I mean luckily now Ross is in the land of Nod but in debate there is a cut and thrust.

By denying some people the right to cut but Ross the right to thrust you have slightly diminshed the objectivity of this site. Back in the old days 2001-2010 there was more of a clear hostility to game developers.

Anyway I think the quality of my posts speak for themselves - the argument is gathering force.

Good question about the field by the way didn't spot that one.

A lot of the batsmen were not stepping to the ball much, it was more of a plant the front foot straight forward and swing. Is that a case of not using all of the controls at an easy difficulty?

i think by 2marrow if they release the trailer of the game with some game play high quality videos ,it would be clear for everyone , now here it creates so much discussion which leads to nothing , guys wait for the official trailer. :thumbs:wave

A lot of the batsmen were not stepping to the ball much, it was more of a plant the front foot straight forward and swing. Is that a case of not using all of the controls at an easy difficulty?

Agree, I'm hoping that's the case and i think Ross said the higher the level you play the more realistic it gets. I certainly hope so, all well and good it bein arcade style fun at first but for longevity it needs the realism of the high levels. Only thing I didn't like as much as previous games was the running between wickets graphic, always preferred the tv style ala ic2010. Definitely not a game breaker though.

i think by 2marrow if they release the trailer of the game with some game play high quality videos ,it would be clear for everyone , now here it creates so much discussion which leads to nothing , guys wait for the official trailer. :thumbs:wave

i don't see them releasing a trailer tomorrow.

I mean luckily now Ross is in the land of Nod but in debate there is a cut and thrust.

By denying some people the right to cut but Ross the right to thrust you have slightly diminshed the objectivity of this site. Back in the old days 2001-2010 there was more of a clear hostility to game developers.

Anyway I think the quality of my posts speak for themselves - the argument is gathering force.

Good question about the field by the way didn't spot that one.

Ok we get it, Martyn is not on Ross tail like some we get it so can we move on.

I looked on Twisties3 but nothing yet, so till tomorrow let's leave it the air for now. Martyn if we see problems in the final version of the game then maybe someone can start a zero day patch tread and maybe we can help spot problems, please try not to just point at this and that and like others have said you were not there. The END.:clap

Martyn is a hard man simple as that, if he gives it a good review then win win.;)

Tomorrow is going to be a huge day again, so martyn let's wait to see more of the game and in the end if the game is not as good as most of us hoped, then please go buy a different new cricket game. Wait where are they.:eek:

Does it look slightly arcadey to you?

----------

Ok we get it, Martyn is not on Ross tail like some we get it so can we move on.

I looked on Twisties3 but nothing yet, so till tomorrow let's leave it the air for now. Martyn if we see problems in the final version of the game then maybe someone can start a zero day patch tread and maybe we can help spot problems, please try not to just point at this and that and like others have said you were not there. The END.:clap

Shall I take a bow?

----------

i don't see them releasing a trailer tomorrow.

Good post earlier Dave - I'm too knackered to respond properly any more - been up since 1am - nah just joking.

All the circles and trails around the ball indicates the level of difficulty ... Lesser the assist higher the level of difficulty .. Same for batting as well ...:cheers

Does it look slightly arcadey to you?

Yes and No, let's see the final version on master to see for sure. The game looks very fun and I bet both arcade and sim will be covered martyn. Please remember not everyone wants to play a test at 3 runs a over. Stupid T20 but that's a different story guys.

Users who are viewing this thread