Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

The games industry died in the UK due to lack of talent to compete with the USA and Japan.

The UK Games Industry were just responsible for the single biggest entertainment product launch of all time... Still a little life in the ol' dog yet...

It's not a lack of talent btw: keeping HOLD of talent is more of an issue with so much incentive to go elsewhere (tending to be Canada, rather than the US).

Can we just get to the four or five pages of Martyn giving us his wisdoms and gripes and get it over and done with, resultng in the inevitable abuse from all sides until it all blows up like a fairy cake in a tea cup......like the time before and the time before that.......yawn, yawn, yawn

you have completely overlooked Chief's point - and he should know, after all - that animating baseball shots and cricket shots are not the same, that cricket will have more variables. anybody with even a passing knowledge of the sports will know that to be true: as Chief pointed out, the window that a baseball pitch will arrive in a much smaller window than a cricket delivery, and the shot will go in smaller areas.

unless you can engage properly with what people are actually saying, instead of dreaming up bogus, incorrect statements (the uk gaming industry is not dead, for one) how on earth can you expect to be taken seriously?

Triple a title wise it is pretty much dead. UK games industry 'dead man walking' - this is just one of many sites that can confirm this

There are some companies making mobile and tablet games plus a studio of crytek and rockstar who are owned overseas.

Other than that very little

Codemasters quit sports games, Gremlin s dead, the only other studio is sports interactive which has no graphics expertise.

baseball is an ultra fast game which is very hard to animate. Are you saying that San Diego studio would not make a better cricket game than Bigant?

----------

Can we just get to the four or five pages of Martyn giving us his wisdoms and gripes and get it over and done with, resultng in the inevitable abuse from all sides until it all blows up like a fairy cake in a tea cup......like the time before and the time before that.......yawn, yawn, yawn

Hope I'm not keeping you up:thumbs

To the people asking why the field didnt change after numerous shots through cover, Ross said it was because it was in the easiest difficulty level. Also the reason the simulated run rate was high.

Game was simulated but RR in a first class match was 100 after 18 overs. Not good + commentary was poor. Was a fc match but they said test match.. Too many errors.

Game was simulated but RR in a first class match was 100 after 18 overs. Not good + commentary was poor. Was a fc match but they said test match.. Too many errors.

Did you not read what I posted about it being on the easiest difficulty setting being the cause of the high run rate?

Don't buy it then if it is so error riddled

To the people asking why the field didnt change after numerous shots through cover, Ross said it was because it was in the easiest difficulty level. Also the reason the simulated run rate was high.

When did Ross let you back onto the keyboard?

Triple a title wise it is pretty much dead. UK games industry 'dead man walking' - this is just one of many sites that can confirm this

GREMLIN IS DEAD? Damn. Considering that was about 15 years ago, you'd have thought it would be mentioned in the 5 year old article you cited? ;)

I kid, I kid. :D

You said it wasn't about budget, but talent. You're right in a sense... because big budgets buy more talent either quality or quantity.

GREMLIN IS DEAD? Damn. Considering that was about 15 years ago, you'd have thought it would be mentioned in the 5 year old article you cited? ;)

I kid, I kid. :D

You said it wasn't about budget, but talent. You're right in a sense... because big budgets buy more talent either quality or quantity.

I could give you a billion pounds, but if you hire Biggs and Dutch i think it is unlikely you would be able to return my investment.

Seriously, aside from your PR agenda, you must admit Ashes failed due to lack of talent.

Just finished viewing all the videos posted in another sticky thread, my way of feel looking at those videos :

1) That 20 minute career mode video was my favorite of all. This mode has taken the cricket game to the next level really. Especially, ability to simulate till you get into the real picture was making the video itself, to feel like you are in actual picture of it.

Very well done from initial impression :clap, just hoping that equation of dropping back to domestic circuits & getting back to INTL circuits go hand in hand during the contract periods. I really would prefer me being dropped for consecutive low performances from higher level, to play domestic matches than the game sim-ing my calendar of INTL contract for years without place in team XI which would just consume the age and contract period without any benefits.

2) Both the DRS videos were top class. No words to explain those.

3) Like the ball pass factor, as in - if the throw is coming from boundary ropes and it is falling short near the fielder in inner circle, they pick and pass it towards stumps. This is a great innovative factor, but just believe that it would be only for players with less skilled in throwing accuracy and not for all the players in boundary.

3) Matt's running the batsmen out at other end, in a way is plus point. As in, it is way far better in not having the bowler just to pick up the ball and go back to the bowling crease like other games. Obviously it has happened multiple times in real cricket as well, Sachin Tendulkar's classy straight drives running out Sourav or Dravid! ;)

4) Crowd! Just Wow, like everyone has mentioned. Top class stuff especially when someone claps/cheers. This is similar in MLB the show as well.

5) At end of play in career mode, camera switches to helmet while walking back to dressing room. Very minor thing, but really top class display of innovation there. :clap

6) Personally liked the left arm spinner action, though there are many experts here talking so many details on arm actions. I don't know all those details, but personally I liked the arm action in game video.

Areas of Opportunities from video/information shared that I feel from my personal view of it,

1) List of stadiums, though looks like its not certainly known at this point considering unlockables and stuffs. I would prefer to have the stadiums of different size across the cricket nations which would really compliment the career mode. If number of stadiums is limited in this version, I would personally prefer to have that as first area of focus in next version( whenever it comes :p ) than spending time on commentary. :)

2) Some animations look to have too much team spirit within the players, like about to collide with each other. :p I believe, the system just focus on the ball location asking the players in game to go aiming at the ball alone? Not sure, but it is really a minor thing and not impacting at all. We still love it!

Overall view of mine from initial shared videos/information : I am so excited to buy this. Hats off to Ross & co for the efforts initiated to make the games to take us to next level. :clap

This game is definitely going to bring bad reputation of me in my work place, I am already seeing the signs of being addictive. ;)

don't understand why difficulty level effect simulated run rate? can get why it make for an unintelligent ai not plugging a gap in the field, but not the simulated rr.

didn't see it elsewhere - was the reason Matt wasn't getting called to on bowl due to the old build?

Will there be any bugs in the released game?

There are bugs in every game.

It annoys the p1ss out of me that the player collision engine in Fifa 12 (yes, I hate 13 and 14) allows the laws of physics and the universe to be broken twenty times a game, that there are ridiculous amounts of shots that hits the post, that when through on goal players pull up with an injury more often than they should, that my defence decides to push up and/or split all the time, that long balls always find the feet of the striker etc.........but it is still a f*cking class game and I still play it.

If the likes of EA are still making games with bugs and flaws then Big Ant will too. It's part and parcel of games and gaming. Only time will tell how good DBC14 is but I'd bet everything I have on it being the best cricket game ever made, with positives that highly outweigh the negatives.

The games industry died in the UK due to lack of talent to compete with the USA and Japan.

Sorry but I don't believe the art of cricket failed through lack of money alone.

I'm sure these guys mght object to that statement

In conclusion: you're talking total crap, so
30Yni4r.gif

Users who are viewing this thread