Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

I think that was the point in the session where Ross figured out something wasn't right, so yes. The new build was switched in shortly after that point from my understanding. Matt will need to confirm, but if you listen to the video that's the point where Ross is getting audibly frustrated...

not being obtuse, my hearing is actually pretty poor - I heard Matt saying what's going on, and Mikey (I assume as he sounded English) saying he should be called to bowl, but I didn't hear Ross, no. (I was trying to listen out for that actually, because I'd heard it referred to.)

that was what I assumed - but I hadn't seen it confirmed, just about the edge and multiple run outs.

I just can't take you seriously Martyn, you're all over the show. Which I think is your goal... you don't want to be taken seriously. Between outright flaming people and completely ignoring the facts at hand, if you have a legitimate gripe with what you've seen, perhaps presenting your argument with a smidge less snark would be a really good idea. Hell, do it with pictures... it's been done before. Is the game going to have bugs? Of course... since you have such a heavy handed opinion of the games industry that's clearly based on your in-depth personal experience in the industry, you would know any game is going to have them. As Barmy said, I'll take a cricket game that 1 in an 1000 times has a dodgy ball-animation over one that can't get the fundamentals of cricket correct.

Fact is, this game looks REALLY good and calling people "mindless" or "sycophantic" because we like what we see is only going to get your knickers in a knot and nobody elses. You know as well as I do I was HUGELY skeptical of what I saw early on, now I'm not based on reasoned logic and evidence from the last year or so of intense developer interaction and contribution to this place. You come from an angle whereby it's a BAD thing to have those things, I completely disagree. That's your burden to carry, not anyone elses. You'll find the majority of the forum absolutely loves having the developers on board to answer our questions and I would much rather have Ross on our team, than not.

People like the game, mate. A LOT of people. Many people have now played the game and liked it even more. We've heard the interactions and the reactions from the play session, you can't FAKE genuine fun and excitement and the most important thing you've missed completely in your arguments; Plenty of people turned up on the day and picked up and played the game right away with little to no problem. That's a HUGE deal.

Is the game perfect? No. Does anyone think it will be? Absolutely not... but you cannot keep ignoring the ample evidence we've been supplied that this is going to be a REALLY good cricket game and a lot of fun. If you can't get on board with that I genuinely feel a little sorry for you. Because it looks like it's going to be great fun for a whole bunch of people in a few weeks...

I think you have a slightly odd approach to this forum. It is not an Antipodean chat club but a cricket gaming forum where people have expressed differing opinion for many years.

While you may wish to suggest that Bigant Cricket is a wonderful game there is no credible evidence for saying that.

In fact most of the evidence suggests otherwise - there are horrific bugs for which we have only anecdotal evidence of fixes and the whole launch was disorganised and chaotic.

If me saying that offends your sense of fair play then so be it I'm afraid.

I call it as I see it and will continue to do so whether it meets with your approval or not.

But whether you approve of what I say or not is irrelevant - this is not your backyard amigo.

Cool bro, I'm out. Do what you will. Genuinely don't care. I'm fine with differing opinions as 90% of people here will attest. It's the stupid ones I have issue with. The rest of that is total nonsense, but hey... I tried. I'll leave you in the capable hands of others.

I heard Matt saying what's going on, and Mikey (I assume as he sounded English) saying he should be called to bowl, but I didn't hear Ross, no.

It was near the end of the video, I can't remember. Ross posted earlier he was begging to get the build switched out for the correct one by then...

...just about the edge and multiple run outs.

Edge was a clear bug, that's 100% down to the old build from what I've read. Can't comment on the multiple run-outs though... Matt/Ross will confirm.

EDIT: Or Snowy will about two posts down....

Last edited:
I think that was the point in the session where Ross figured out something wasn't right, so yes. The new build was switched in shortly after that point from my understanding. Matt will need to confirm, but if you listen to the video that's the point where Ross is getting audibly frustrated...

EDIT:

To answer your previous question, the YouTube channel is THIS ONE and will have exclusive videos and interviews from the BigAnt office session yesterday. Should be up around 1 - 2pm AEST. Bookmark it.

I can confirm this, I was there at that point. And yes there was a level of frustration creeping in at that point!

I think you have a slightly odd approach to this forum. It is not an Antipodean chat club but a cricket gaming forum where people have expressed differing opinion for many years.

While you may wish to suggest that Bigant Cricket is a wonderful game there is no credible evidence for saying that.

In fact most of the evidence suggests otherwise - there are horrific bugs for which we have only anecdotal evidence of fixes and the whole launch was disorganised and chaotic.

If me saying that offends your sense of fair play then so be it I'm afraid.

I call it as I see it and will continue to do so whether it meets with your approval or not.

But whether you approve of what I say or not is irrelevant - this is not your backyard amigo.

you know, you make it very hard for anyone with genuine issues/ 'negative' comments because we can be tarred as doing a martyn.

was everything we saw great? no.
were there bugs? yes.
is it worth seeing footage from the retail build (like the ones expected later on Biggs' last link) before dismissing the old build explanation? yes. as I said many times already - if that build has the same issues, we might have a problem. if they don't, we don't.
does the game look promising for all that? yes.
will we be pretty quickly turning off the (frankly, pretty rubbish) commentary? almost certainly.

Multiple run outs is due to a fielding bug. It will show up in Ross' recent post history

Last edited:
Bottom line is that I let the game continue playing because I didn't want to be rude and just switch it off - I was tempted as anyone would be, especially as there were two good machines there to play. Nothing on that machine can be trusted, I have no idea how many bugs were in there.

I still stand by what we saw being genuinely good, so if that's the case of the build not being able to be trusted then I'm positively in the... er... positive corner!

you know, you make it very hard for anyone with genuine issues/ 'negative' comments because we can be tarred as doing a martyn.

was everything we saw great? no.
were there bugs? yes.
is it worth seeing footage from the retail build (like the ones expected later on Biggs' last link) before dismissing the old build explanation? yes. as I said many times already - if that build has the same issues, we might have a problem. if they don't, we don't.
does the game look promising for all that? yes.
will we be pretty quickly turning off the (frankly, pretty rubbish) commentary? almost certainly.

I'm sincere in what I say I can assure you.

I want to see a brilliant cricket game as much as anyone else.

Do I think this is it? On the basis of the edges and shot animations?

You tell me.

Last edited:
It was near the end of the video, I can't remember. Ross posted earlier he was begging to get the build switched out for the correct one by then...

i'll have a re-listen. may not help, my hearing is terrible. I can imagine that must have been immensely frustrating for him.

it's a not a huge issue - there will be bugs, we know that. equally we know they're committed to support/patches, and nothing we saw there was game breaking.

He just confirmed it about two posts up. So yeah... put it down to the hot receptionist at Big Ant not getting her coffee before picking which machine to bring...

I want to see a brilliant cricket game as much as anyone else.

Do I think this is it? On the basis of the edges and shot animations?

You tell me.

We all want to see a brilliant cricket game.

All of the videos so far released, that were recorded by Matt, as has been explained dozens of times, were based on an old build. Videos will be uploaded and available to view later on that will show the retail version. Can you not wait until then before mentioning over and over again the same bugs we all saw, that we have all acknowledged, and that we all know, as explained by those that were there, that were not in the final build they got to player later?

Multiple run outs is due to a fielding bug. It will show up in Ross' recent post history

yes, I saw that the edges and run outs were put down to the build. the question was about the career bowler not getting a chance to bowl... that's the one "game breaking" bug I saw, but I am assuming it's the old build because it' not something that you wouldn't notice, after all!

ross, how do the skill points being awarded during the career translate into the bars we complete in CA? because Matt was getting extra points very easily. when he gets "+2", that's not literally 2 squares of the skill bar, surely? you'd be maxed out very quickly.

It's the skill points system used to move you through the "grades" and it's seen in one of the videos (replaces "money"). Has nothing to do with the skill bar.

can i change batting camera as TV CAMERA???

coz mostly people dont like that batting camera,

and tell me about commentators?
its only 1 commentator?

u said too many commentators in DBC14 :(

Users who are viewing this thread