Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

I am sorry that I now live back in Australia and therefore no longer know how to make games... I will try to emigrate again asap to wherever it is that they are made best. However, that just might be at Rockstar in the UK. I will also try to change my accent as that will no doubt help the process, if my skin colour is an issue I am sure I can also change that too.

Glad I was asleep for most of that... ignore list of 3.

Bottom line is that I let the game continue playing because I didn't want to be rude and just switch it off - I was tempted as anyone would be, especially as there were two good machines there to play. Nothing on that machine can be trusted, I have no idea how many bugs were in there.

Putting the bugs aside as you are sorting them out, what do you make of the suggestion that this game is like international cricket 2010?

Can you assure the community that the ai is robust on higher difficulty levels, in terms of fielding placements to block repeated human player shots, ai run rates and that slip and wicket keeper catches are not taken one handed while the player is looking the other way?

----------

I am sorry that I now live back in Australia and therefore no longer know how to make games... I will try to emigrate again asap to wherever it is that they are made best. However, that just might be at Rockstar in the UK. I will also try to change my accent as that will no doubt help the process, if my skin colour is an issue I am sure I can also change that too.

Glad I was asleep for most of that... ignore list of 3.

Exaggeration is a form of flattery you know.

At the end if the day this is a GAME, if you are a fan of cricket in general you're gonna like this, there's nothing out there that's looks even close, and the ones who've played it enjoyed it, EA sports spend millions on FIFA, which still had bugs, DB will have them, it's a good effort from a bunch of people that genuinely care about A the sport and B the customer. It's good enough for me, if you're not impressed or don't like it, fu.. Don't buy it. Majority of the people being negative will still buy it and exclaim it to be the best we've had, and this is a first go on a limited budget. All we can expect is for bigant to do their best, it's all you can ask of any body. Since Ross was there i believe he's proud of the retail version, and to be gettin agitated like he was shows his commitment. Fair play bigant. You'll be gettin my dinaris via pre order ASAP.

It's the skill points system used to move you through the "grades" and it's seen in one of the videos (replaces "money"). Has nothing to do with the skill bar.

thanks. I heard a discussion of the thing replacing money, but didn't catch all of it.

No probs, I had some headphones on listening to the footage, so that's how I picked up on a lot of the conversations... on the move abroad still, so got my noise cancelling headphones handy.

what do you make of the suggestion that this game is like international cricket 2010?

To the out of context mobile! Matt never said that at all... Jesus.

I am sorry that I now live back in Australia and therefore no longer know how to make games...

...that and I'm pretty sure Ubisoft Montreal has issue with some of Martyn's "facts".

can i change batting camera as TV CAMERA???

coz mostly people dont like that batting camera,

and tell me about commentators?
its only 1 commentator?

u said too many commentators in DBC14 :(

David Basheer and Matthew Hill. Two professional Australian sport reporters/callers

That's great. That's also not what you said. Loads of great game developers all over the world there commander... The spade is off to your left when you need it.

That's great. That's also not what you said. Loads of great game developers all over the world there commander... The spade is off to your left when you need it.

Which triple a sports titles are made outside North America?

There were lots of die-hard cricket fans playing and they enjoyed it, that is the number one outcome for the day.

The biggest issues from a consumer point of view are likely the number of commentators and licensed stadia. These were choices of time and budget. We will get more stadia as time goes by and will patch/DLC them in, on a side note, it is my understanding that the other game also suffers from this too and even if it is released does *not* have all of the claimed Ashes stadium licenses.

There will be bugs but we will patch them as best we can. We have a history of after sales commitment with all of our previous games. It's easy to talk and harder to walk, I am happy to have delivered everything that I said I would, the choices are clear and with our game you know what you are buying.

There were lots of die-hard cricket fans playing and they enjoyed it, that is the number one outcome for the day.

The biggest issues from a consumer point of view are likely the number of commentators and licensed stadia. These were choices of time and budget. We will get more stadia as time goes by and will patch/DLC them in, on a side note, it is my understanding that the other game also suffers from this too and even if it is released does *not* have all of the claimed Ashes stadium licenses.

There will be bugs but we will patch them as best we can. We have a history of after sales commitment with all of our previous games. It's easy to talk and harder to walk, I am happy to have delivered everything that I said I would, the choices are clear and with our game you know what you are buying.

You are defending the game as you should.

But you do tend to duck the tough questions - I don't know why that is but it may bite you one day.

Still, good luck with the game I mean the presentation is on a par with EA in many ways which should make you proud at least. I'd urge you to tackle those bugs asap though as this site can be a brutal place if games have flaws.

I guess Ross, for the next version upgrade - it doesn't even have to be licensed stadia in my view. If we can have multiple custom stadia across the cricketing nations with custom names with different sizes and parameters, it will do more good and compliment the career mode so well. For instance, it might be realistic for a career play who have got used to playing in subcontinent conditions to survive on INTL tours, just like real game.

Just a thought that stuck in my mind. :)

I must be the only person who doesn't give a sh#t about what stadiums are in the game and whether they're licensed or not... like, that is not even on my list of things that remotely worry me in a game. Get the batting and bowling right first! Fundamentals of cricket, people!

Which triple a sports titles are made outside North America?

...which is not what you said. What you said was:

Simply the facts that the games industry is dominated by the USA and Japan. So that is where the talent is...

Triple a title wise it is pretty much dead.

Good points to consider before you battle on:

• DBC14 is not a AAA sports title
  • Ubisoft and Rockstar are both based outside of USA/Japan
  • Smaller studios and "outisde of the main studio" games are getting more and more support and money on major platforms
  • Cricket is never going to be a major sport in the games industry and is in all likelyhood ALWAYS going to be made by smaller studios in Australia or the UK. Possibly even in India in the future...

Last edited:
You are defending the game as you should.

But you do tend to duck the tough questions - I don't know why that is but it may bite you one day.

Still, good luck with the game I mean the presentation is on a par with EA in many ways which should make you proud at least. I'd urge you to tackle those bugs asap though as this site can be a brutal place if games have flaws.

Did someone sent some goodies to you by any chance to blindly go negative? No offense, it just looks like it.

Users who are viewing this thread