Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

Will there be any bugs in the released game?

Yes, there will be.

Are you not using Windows OS just because it has bugs in it? Are you not using smart phones just because it has bugs in it? Which majorly and heavily used product comes/gets released without bugs?

100% perfection( 0 bugs ) is not possible for product release, these kind of theories always have the good reputation of reaching trash very quickly. :thumbs

I'm sure these guys mght object to that statement

In conclusion: you're talking total crap, so
30Yni4r.gif

I already mentioned them Einstein.

Who owns them again?

And when is their next cricket game due out?

I'm talking in broad terms do try to keep up fella.

Ross has said all along that there will be bugs and the major ones will be patched. Considering EA's contribution to cricket gaming has been to cut and run post release I'd say this makes a welcome change.

If it's easy for you to score, then it's a good thing it's easy for the AI as well? Keeps the matches close I suppose, if you're simulating stuff... Also loved the bit where Martyn calls Matt biased because he happens to live in Melbourne and could make it along to the play session! Credibility n'all. Think I'll stick with the opinion of the folks that played it...

Ross,Is there any way to introduce the commentary itself through a video cause i cant judge or hear them well ! Please.

If it's easy for you to score, then it's a good thing it's easy for the AI as well? Keeps the matches close I suppose, if you're simulating stuff... Also loved the bit where Martyn calls Matt biased because he happens to live in Melbourne and could make it along to the play session! Credibility n'all. Think I'll stick with the opinion of the folks that played it...

Matt said he was worried about gameplay in fact.

Is it really necessary to reply to martyn?

Started with talking about issues in the video that has been explained by ross and team...and now he started insulting the developers by calling them talentless indirectly...

Do u guys really need to keep replying to him?

Yes, there will be.

Are you not using Windows OS just because it has bugs in it? Are you not using smart phones just because it has bugs in it? Which majorly and heavily used product comes/gets released without bugs?

100% perfection( 0 bugs ) is not possible for product release, these kind of theories always have the good reputation of reaching trash very quickly. :thumbs

So if it is going to have bugs in it how can you know how good it will be?

Perhaps rhe predictions of how great it is are premature?

Is it really necessary to reply to martyn?

Started with talking about issues in the video that has been explained by ross and team...and now he started insulting the developers by calling them talentless indirectly...

Do u guys really need to keep replying to him?

No more than you need to...perhaps you could follow your own advice as you seem to completely be misunderstanding my point.

I just can't take you seriously Martyn, you're all over the show. Which I think is your goal... you don't want to be taken seriously. Between outright flaming people and completely ignoring the facts at hand, if you have a legitimate gripe with what you've seen, perhaps presenting your argument with a smidge less snark would be a really good idea. Hell, do it with pictures... it's been done before. Is the game going to have bugs? Of course... since you have such a heavy handed opinion of the games industry that's clearly based on your in-depth personal experience in the industry, you would know any game is going to have them. As Barmy said, I'll take a cricket game that 1 in an 1000 times has a dodgy ball-animation over one that can't get the fundamentals of cricket correct.

Fact is, this game looks REALLY good and calling people "mindless" or "sycophantic" because we like what we see is only going to get your knickers in a knot and nobody elses. You know as well as I do I was HUGELY skeptical of what I saw early on, now I'm not based on reasoned logic and evidence from the last year or so of intense developer interaction and contribution to this place. You come from an angle whereby it's a BAD thing to have those things, I completely disagree. That's your burden to carry, not anyone elses. You'll find the majority of the forum absolutely loves having the developers on board to answer our questions and I would much rather have Ross on our team, than not.

People like the game, mate. A LOT of people. Many people have now played the game and liked it even more. We've heard the interactions and the reactions from the play session, you can't FAKE genuine fun and excitement and the most important thing you've missed completely in your arguments; Plenty of people turned up on the day and picked up and played the game right away with little to no problem. That's a HUGE deal.

Is the game perfect? No. Does anyone think it will be? Absolutely not... but you cannot keep ignoring the ample evidence we've been supplied that this is going to be a REALLY good cricket game and a lot of fun. If you can't get on board with that I genuinely feel a little sorry for you. Because it looks like it's going to be great fun for a whole bunch of people in a few weeks...

Ross,Is there any way to introduce the commentary itself through a video cause i cant judge or hear them well ! Please.

Yes please! What I heard in the one video was maybe Tom Moody or Ian Chappel?

Guys, the commentator question has been answered about four times by Snowy alone. READ THE THREAD.

moving on from game industry economics for the insane (and commentary for the deaf) - repeat of a genuine question: was the fact that Matt wasn't called to bowl in 2 games (3 innings) despite being a bowler, due to his playing on the old build/dev kit, or a genuine bug, or what?

I think that was the point in the session where Ross figured out something wasn't right, so yes. The new build was switched in shortly after that point from my understanding. Matt will need to confirm, but if you listen to the video that's the point where Ross is getting audibly frustrated...

EDIT:

To answer your previous question, the YouTube channel is THIS ONE and will have exclusive videos and interviews from the BigAnt office session yesterday. Should be up around 1 - 2pm AEST. Bookmark it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread