Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

Fixed: *Biggs

I love getting named dropped by bitter assholes...

Mentaly...:clap

attachment.php

Attachments

• TopWork.png
    TopWork.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 150
Couldnt agree more Adrian. I couldnt beleive how good everything looked and it was explained that the bugs we did see were no longer :)

There will no doubt be issues present on the retail builds too, otherwise we wouldn't need a patch, but the ones in the old build are glaringly obvious, overthrows mostly.

Jeez big Merv's lost some weight!!!!

seems a little convenient doesnt it? Looked like another codemasters game to me. scoring runs far too easily, cartoony graphics, bizarre run ups and release, shots which dont look much like real shots and pretty awful camera angles.

Lets wait for briggs to come in and use some italics maybe some underlinedbold and even... Elipses whilst trying to be funny and not really saying anything.

Even matts feedback is pretty cautious for somebody who they have been trying to butter up for months. Now i will await the onslaught from all the people who have seen videos and say 'great gameplay'...

i liked the game, it seemed like they had fun playing it even when the ball went through the bat a couple of times. maybe it's because it's been so long without a proper cricket game

Never reason with a dancing wookie, Snowy.

Do you want it to be difficult to score runs on the easiest difficult setting?

Should someone ever be able to hit a four off their first ball on the game? Lets be honest all cricket games are difficult for about an hour, after that you can easily hit 8-10 and over. This looks no different, even the entry level difficulties should be a bit of a challenge.

And yeah im loving my guitar, to be honest if i saved a pound a month starting now ill probably have spares left over before this is released. I think big ant and trickstar are having a slow race. As someone once said about a cricket game, if it looks like a cricket game and smells like a cricket game then...

Last edited by a moderator:
even the entry level difficulties should be a bit of a challenge.

Did you read anything that Matt wrote? Or watch the clips?... he had it set on the second lowest difficulty setting and was having plenty of trouble bowling spin and timing the ball. The key isn't to walk into a play session with 20 other people in the room and be all weekend-warrior in front of everyone setting it to "Legend Mode" and batting out the day in a test match... Honestly.

Should someone ever be able to hit a four off their first ball on the game? Lets be honest all cricket games are difficult for about an hour, after that you can easily hit 8-10 and over. This looks no different, even the entry level difficulties should be a bit of a challenge.

We didn't see the harder difficult levels so logically, we can't pass judgement on how big of a challenge they present.

You are making an assumption based on one of the easier difficulty levels. The point of the easiest difficult level is that it is easy.

The easier levels are easy.

Not difficult - easy.

Its easy. Easy to score runs. On the easier difficulty settings. That's why it is called easy. Easy. On purpose. Easy. The clue is in the definition of the word.

You don't get it, you don't pass go, you don't collect ?200.

I haven't had a chance to read the whole thread, but on the whole the game looks like it's got a lot of potential and could be amazing.

I do think this is a massive opportunity lost for Big Ant though. If I was Ross, there is no way I would have allowed the play session to continue the moment I realised it was an old build - would certainly not have allowed any filming of it. People just dwelling on the most obvious of bugs and it's really difficult for some to accept the "it's due to it being an old build" line at a time when the credibility of cricket game developers is pretty much on the floor. It's a shame really.

We didn't see the harder difficult levels so logically, we can't pass judgement on how big of a challenge they present.

You are making an assumption based on the easiest difficulty level. The point of the easiest difficult level is that it is easy.

The easiest level is easy.

Not difficult - easy.

Its easy. Easy to score runs. On the easy difficulty setting. That's why it is called easy. Easy. On purpose.

So why is everyone saying how great the game is? It has shown nothing different than an ea or codemasters game would have released. Cricket is just too hard to get right as a game. There will be little replayability in this game, just like the others.

----------

There will no doubt be issues present on the retail builds too, otherwise we wouldn't need a patch, but the ones in the old build are glaringly obvious, overthrows mostly.

I hope the edging it through the middle of the bat feature is kept in the final game, or the ball disappearing then reappearing from the bowlers hand at release.

Users who are viewing this thread