Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

So why is everyone saying how great the game is? It has shown nothing different than an ea or codemasters game would have released. Cricket is just too hard to get right as a game. There will be little replayability in this game, just like the others.

Did you not read what he said? The game was set on Easy difficulty. On harder difficulty (which, if you read what you were told to read to get your answers), which Matt did try in the nets, he said he sucked at it.. it was very hard and will take alot of time to master, as you would hope and expect.

It's almost like...

I haven't had a chance to read the whole thread,

...is a stupid thing to do when you type...

I do think this is a massive opportunity lost for Big Ant though. If I was Ross, there is no way I would have allowed the play session to continue the moment I realised it was an old build - would certainly not have allowed any filming of it.

...and then realise that...

You can hear me at the end almost begging to stop the recording so I could put the retail build on...

...it's already been covered off by the man in the room at the time.

Who then allowed a private recording session back at their office.

But y'know. Don't read the thread you're posting in. That's the smart thing to do in these scenarios.

I hope the edging it through the middle of the bat feature is kept in the final game, or the ball disappearing then reappearing from the bowlers hand at release.

Unfortunately for you, no, they probably won't be.. as, if you had read, Ross said that was unfortunately bugs that showed up on an old build and not the retail build.

I haven't had a chance to read the whole thread, but on the whole the game looks like it's got a lot of potential and could be amazing.

I do think this is a massive opportunity lost for Big Ant though. If I was Ross, there is no way I would have allowed the play session to continue the moment I realised it was an old build - would certainly not have allowed any filming of it. People just dwelling on the most obvious of bugs and it's really difficult for some to accept the "it's due to it being an old build" line at a time when the credibility of cricket game developers is pretty much on the floor. It's a shame really.
Hopefully the stuff recorded after the play session will clear up the uncertainty.

What's up with the weather in Hobart?? Worse than our weather here in blighty!!!!!

So why is everyone saying how great the game is? It has shown nothing different than an ea or codemasters game would have released. Cricket is just too hard to get right as a game. There will be little replayability in this game, just like the others.

Because the people that actually played the game yesterday have provided positive first impressions of their hands-on experience with the game. It also has shown something different to previous games - they have made a massive shift in the core gameplay mechanics and moved away from pitch markers for both batting and bowling. Those that played the game have provided a rational and well rounded account of their experiences.

If you fear the game will have little replayability based on videos of one of the easier difficult levels (without seeing video of the more difficult levels) then don't buy the game. You're not being forced to buy it. For someone who said they weren't going to support the product months ago, you sure do show an unusually high level of vested interest in it.

Last edited:
I haven't had a chance to read the whole thread, but on the whole the game looks like it's got a lot of potential and could be amazing.

I do think this is a massive opportunity lost for Big Ant though. If I was Ross, there is no way I would have allowed the play session to continue the moment I realised it was an old build - would certainly not have allowed any filming of it. People just dwelling on the most obvious of bugs and it's really difficult for some to accept the "it's due to it being an old build" line at a time when the credibility of cricket game developers is pretty much on the floor. It's a shame really.

I voiced my dissatisfaction but that's as far as it goes, I'm not a cop, I was pretty reasonable in my protest. Any trolls who ignore the FACT that there were two other machines there not exhibiting the issues are just ignorant a$$holes.

It is not a massive opportunity lost, everyone had fun with the game and it has been proved to be real - job done.

But it's so much easier to troll after 50 pages of positivity and actual tangible game play and feedback from people who hand hands-on time with the game... Looking forward to the opportunities the game presents is the crazy thing to do at this juncture in the thread. Crazy. Going to a birthday party with Dude64 would be a celebration of years gone by, rather than the potential of more to come.

There will no doubt be issues present on the retail builds too, otherwise we wouldn't need a patch, but the ones in the old build are glaringly obvious, overthrows mostly.

I ont doubt for a second that there will be a few issues. But I think its an unfair critisism that the blindingly obvious bugs have been pointed out and clearly have been addressed by you as fixed as it was an old build which you were clearly unhappy about.You haven't lied about anything yet. why would you start now?

----------

I hope the edging it through the middle of the bat feature is kept in the final game, or the ball disappearing then reappearing from the bowlers hand at release.

If I didn't attract Trolls then I'd know I wasn't doing it right.... I'd like to accept your opinion however your skin colour, location, and IP address do not allow me to do so.

The lack of seeing you on any charts leads me to believe that you're a pretty piss poor musician, you should stick to air guitar, won't be buying any of your stuff. Sorry.

To be fair, we've seen no evidence of his musical skills and it would be unfa... oh wait... wait... I see what you did there...
attachment.php

Attachments

• chewy.gif
    chewy.gif
    5.8 KB · Views: 268
Ross, am pretty disappointed with the play session outcome, game is no good as it didn't have any snapshots of Matt's Indian food adventure in his career mode! Is this included in patch? :p

Geez, what has this thread become? Discussions were positive and interesting during play session hours. Looks like one by one takes separate shift to just stay on negative side.

Keyboard warriors mate... it's the internet cliche of turning up after the party has finished to critique the desert.

Ross, am pretty disappointed with the play session outcome, game is no good as it didn't have any snapshots of Matt's Indian food adventure in his career mode! Is this included in patch? :p

Geez, what has this thread become? Discussions were positive and interesting during play session hours. Looks like one by one takes separate shift to just stay on negative side.

8 hours until im back.

do i get overtime pay?

As an update, the third machine has been confirmed this morning to have an old build on it. The guy that copied the wrong build onto the HDD is conveniently sick today and not in the office :mad

Users who are viewing this thread