Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

Ultimately if i end up saying that the game is actually decent then maybe just maybe it will end up with you rather smug with yourself...

I'm pretty sure that a guy who has invested a heap of time and money into a product can deserve to be smug if it is well received.

Biggs - I'd read enough to see that Ross had voiced his dissatisfaction. I'm not trolling by the way - quite the opposite. I'm disappointed that trolls like Martyn have been given ammo by not showcasing the actual finished build. I would be so frustrated if I were from Big Ant as, when the game isn't in the public domain or there are no independent reviews, all we have is their word that the glitches don't exist (which I believe by the way) and this can be dismissed by trolls like Martyn easily (especially after the antics surrounding Ashes 2013). With a little more organisation, none of the nonsense in this thread would have been necessary.

I'm up to date on the thread by the way now Biggs.

Just to clarify - I think the game looks great, and I'm super excited about its release. So Biggs can calm down with the condescending posts now. I'm on your team mate.

When is a troll not a troll?

I'm on your team mate.

As I am yours... and i'm not being condescending. If you don't read the very thread before you're posting in it, then I can't help you... Clearly a mistake was made, everyone is human and it's not worth beating that dead horse as what we saw looked pretty good anyway. Storm in a teacup...

But thats unlikely because its never going to be released

Quality.

Some do others talk - care share an mp3? Lets hear your "genius".... I think its time to put up or shut up.

Well, I did just see this go up for pre-order on iTunes...
116005d1383867243-don-bradman-cricket-14-world-premiere-discussion-chewy.gif

116007d1383868869-don-bradman-cricket-14-world-premiere-discussion-albumcover-large-.png

Attachments

• AlbumCover[Large].png
    AlbumCover[Large].png
    50 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
The only reason a dud build was introduced was when we couldn't get onto the Academy via PSN because it was IP locked - if I had decided just to let that slide and not have MattW download some teams etc... then there wouldn't have been a problem... oh well... covered as much I need to now, if people don't get it by now then they never will.

----------

Biggs - I'd read enough to see that Ross had voiced his dissatisfaction. I'm not trolling by the way - quite the opposite. I'm disappointed that trolls like Martyn have been given ammo by not showcasing the actual finished build. I would be so frustrated if I were from Big Ant as, when the game isn't in the public domain or there are no independent reviews, all we have is their word that the glitches don't exist (which I believe by the way) and this can be dismissed by trolls like Martyn easily (especially after the antics surrounding Ashes 2013). With a little more organisation, none of the nonsense in this thread would have been necessary.

I'm up to date on the thread by the way now Biggs.

Just to clarify - I think the game looks great, and I'm super excited about its release. So Biggs can calm down with the condescending posts now. I'm on your team mate.

Just to clarify, the only part of my post aimed at you was the idea of a missed opportunity and that we did show two retail builds.

As I am yours... and i'm not being condescending. If you don't read the very thread before you're posting in it, then I can't help you... Clearly a mistake was made, everyone is human and it's not worth beating that dead horse as what we saw looked pretty good anyway. Storm in a teacup...

And that, ladies and gentleman, is just as close to an apology as you will ever get from biggsy....

make this an emoticon and call it :biggs: tia

e: I'd just like to say a few things about the "cricket is a game that can't be replicated!!!" thing. I heard the same thing about Rugby League before RLL2; and although RLL2 isn't perfect and I hope for a RLL3 that fixes many of the problems; its still a very fun game. The same thing was also said about Union; which is probably similar to cricket in that the last genuinely good game is a PS1 game (Jonah Lomu Rugby); and then it suffered from a bunch of EA games that had a lot of good competitions and teams, but gameplay that wasn't that great (Rugby 08 is still FUN though; while Cricket 07 is awful and only liked because of how bad earlier games were), and I think that Rugby Challenge 2, although not perfect and suffering from many problems, is a good game and a base for the first genuinely good Rugby Union game since Jonah Lomu. That's the thing - I'm expecting a few big problems - every game has them; SKYRIM was a horribly buggy mess on release, and that had 100x the budget of DBC and was still a great game past those bugs; its how they fix the bugs in the patches; and any problems that they can't patch out in the sequels that is important because that's what genuinely great games franchises do. That's the key - not what we see now, but what the game is like 2/3 years down the line!

Last edited:
Absolutely loved the presentation and the atmosphere of the game. I am a big fan of small details...so things like the scorecard transitions, aerial shots of the ground, dynamic lighting, players/captain pointing towards fielder to move, hotspots for all kinds of edges was very nice to see. Animations were mostly fluid too...specially bowling animation.

Things that slightly dented the expectations was the bugs which i believe mostly due to older build. I hope most of it (if not all) will not show up in the retail version or will get patched soon. Some of the batting animations would need to be worked on for future versions...specially the freezing after the shot thing. Is that due to the user? I rememeber the sneak peek video had fluid motion after taking a shot. Would like to see different kind of dives while fielding, as i only saw one type in the video. Ball to bat Collisions can look a bit better too. An example would be the scoop shot where matt isn't sure whether he hit it or not. Edges looked fantastic (i will ignore the middle of the bat edge as that is an already fixed issue). But i would like to see slips and wicketkeeper catching the ball with two hands. This annoyed me a lot in ashes 09/ic2010. Is there a reason why it seems to be a hard thing to animate/program?

I know i should not be judging anything from camera videos but simply doing so out of over excitement. The negative points might seem like a lot but that is simply because i am not going to delve into the numerous positives in the videos. Would rather mention the few negatives I noticed that could be improved upon.

One more thing, did anyone ask upto how many players can play together locally? Wouldnt mind 2 vs 2 local game.

Last edited:
make this an emoticon and call it :biggs:

I did suggest this:
attachment.php
for :tggi: to save me typing it all the time a while ago, Matt never returned my calls.

Attachments

• TGGI.gif
    TGGI.gif
    2.6 KB · Views: 154
God this tread is moving so so fast guys, the last 30 min to catch up as I read most of it.

Ross don't beat yourself up over the older build as most of us get it and the few who don't will see more this afternoon. I do think it's cute that Martyn has a friend called Duded69 or something like that.:lol

PS Ross please don't be so harsh on that fellow who put the old build in as I have had a great time reading all the fun posts over the last day. Later today Martyn and his girlfriend will be eating there words and much more.:eek:

To Matt, thinks again for letting us all see the game.:clap

We didn't see the harder difficult levels so logically, we can't pass judgement on how big of a challenge they present.

You are making an assumption based on one of the easier difficulty levels. The point of the easiest difficult level is that it is easy.

The easier levels are easy.

Not difficult - easy.

Its easy. Easy to score runs. On the easier difficulty settings. That's why it is called easy. Easy. On purpose. Easy. The clue is in the definition of the word.

Great point Snowy! I actually got to see Matt 'play' on the hardest difficulty in the nets as The Don. I put play in inverted commas there because it was pretty much play and miss, get hit on the pads/body or bowled. I think I saw him hit one delivery (I'll let him confirm that!). Mike M didn't even connect with every ball! I was left with no doubt that the hardest difficulty it going to be a big challenge. :)

Absolutely loved the presentation and the atmosphere of the game. I am a big fan of small details...so things like the scorecard transitions, aerial shots of the ground, dynamic lighting, players/captain pointing towards fielder to move, hotspots for all kinds of edges was very nice to see. Animations were mostly fluid too...specially bowling animation.

Things that slightly dented the expectations was the bugs which i believe mostly due to older build. I hope most of it (if not all) will not show up in the retail version or will get patched soon. Some of the batting animations would need to be worked on for future versions...specially the freezing after the shot thing. Is that due to the user? I rememeber the sneak peek video had fluid motion after taking a shot. Would like to see different kind of dives while fielding, as i only saw one type in the video. Ball to bat Collisions can look a bit better too. An example would be the scoop shot where matt isn't sure whether he hit it or not. Edges looked fantastic (i will ignore the middle of the bat edge as that is an already fixed issue). But i would like to see slips and wicketkeeper catching the ball with two hands. This annoyed me a lot in ashes 09/ic2010. Is there a reason why it seems to be a hard thing to animate/program?

I know i should not be judging anything from camera videos but simply doing so out of over excitement. The negative points might seem like a lot but that is simply because i am not going to delve into the numerous positives in the videos. Would rather mention the few negatives I noticed that could be improved upon.

One more thing, did anyone ask upto how many players can play together locally? Wouldnt mind 2 vs 2 local game.

presentation was the ace card for me, no one can fault that part, the animations were good overall, still room for improvement but better than anything we have seen before.
PS Like I said before we will know more this afternoon when Twisties3 has better videos coming, Matt your still a legend.

----------

Great point Snowy! I actually got to see Matt 'play' on the hardest difficulty in the nets as The Don. I put play in inverted commas there because it was pretty much play and miss, get hit on the pads/body or bowled. I think I saw him hit one delivery (I'll let him confirm that!). Mike M didn't even connect with every ball! I was left with no doubt that the hardest difficulty it going to be a big challenge. :)

How good were you at the game mate ?

Users who are viewing this thread