Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

As I am yours... and i'm not being condescending. If you don't read the very thread before you're posting in it, then I can't help you... Clearly a mistake was made, everyone is human and it's not worth beating that dead horse as what we saw looked pretty good anyway. Storm in a teacup...

Quality.

Well, I did just see this go up for pre-order on iTunes...
116005d1383867243-don-bradman-cricket-14-world-premiere-discussion-chewy.gif

116007d1383868869-don-bradman-cricket-14-world-premiere-discussion-albumcover-large-.png

I'm actually not even trying to poke fun or be a dick but for some reason this is what I imagine you to look like, no idea why :|

Ross, will matt still visit big ant studios later? Or was that it?

Is there an emoticon for not feeding the trolls?

If it were not for TWO machines running retail builds then there might be a point to be made....

Geez....people that don't like this game, just don't buy it....why are you literally trying to prove to
everyone that it's not good. Let them decide for themselves. The game looked and played stunningly
. Yes there were a few bugs in there, however it was the old build...so who cares? We have known Ross enough to know that even if all of these bugs are in the final game and take anything away from the experience, Ross would have it fixed right away. If you are still skeptical about it, then you do have the choice of waiting for reviews before buying the game.

Anyways, if MattW is awake I would like to ask him this:

How difficult is it to play good defensive shots in the game? Is it as challenging as the other shots in the game or is it as easy as all previous titles where a defensive shot almost guaranteed you not getting out. It was a pain to play multiplayer test matches as all the opponent had to do was press a button and the batsman would play a perfect defensive shot all the time. Personally I do think that it should be a challenge to play a perfect defensive shot as well, so that it's a fair game between bat and ball. Even in real life cricket, a huge amount of dismissals (specially in test cricket) take place when a defensive shot is offered.

----------

Also, since both Ross and HBK are viewing the thread, I wanted to ask about the one handed catches the slip fielder and wk took in the videos posted yesterday. Was that due to the buggy build or is this how wk actually takes catches in the game even when the ball is right next to them?

There are different colors for different length balls (red, green, orange from memory) and different shaping for different lines ( full circle, half circle left, half circle right ). No idea about turning them on/off or what they do as difficulty level increases. Maybe that's one for Ross! The only impression I got was like I said in my previous post it made me feel more like I was in a real life cricket game trying to read what the ball was doing.
I'll have plenty of time to play the game when I get it! Probably should have had a game but now that I think about it I was able to take more in about it by going between the 3 ps3's. I even managed to encourage one guy to challenge an LBW which got overturned!! His reaction to that was priceless!

Thanks mate, sounds great all of it. Last question I promise, did you see any byes or leg byes and could you tell the difference between the 2 good versions and the average one. PS Ross next time Matt get's the best machine ok.:D

----------

Red/green/orange for length when batting, my guess is red is full green good and orange for short.

Anyways, if MattW is awake I would like to ask him this:

How difficult is it to play good defensive shots in the game? Is it as challenging as the other shots in the game or is it as easy as all previous titles where a defensive shot almost guaranteed you not getting out. It was a pain to play multiplayer test matches as all the opponent had to do was press a button and the batsman would play a perfect defensive shot all the time. Personally I do think that it should be a challenge to play a perfect defensive shot as well, so that it's a fair game between bat and ball. Even in real life cricket, a huge amount of dismissals (specially in test cricket) take place when a defensive shot is offered.

----------

Also, since both Ross and HBK are viewing the thread, I wanted to ask about the one handed catches the slip fielder and wk took in the videos posted yesterday. Was that due to the buggy build or is this how wk actually takes catches in the game even when the ball is right next to them?

Believe i saw quite a few videos where batsman got out lbw while trying to play the ball through the wrong line. But yes, would be nice to see batsmen edging it while trying to defend.

The edge in the 20 min video looked and sounded fantastic. Too bad the buggy ai did not review lol. Ross sounded pissed off at that time.

Finally, to the people saying this game looks like BLC2005, what the hell are you smoking these days???????? The graphics look like that game? I agree sometimes it's looking more cartoony in the vids but thats only due to the fact that the footage you see is a cam footage off a tv screen(if you have taken vids off TV screen before you would be aware of this effect), however haven you seen the actual footage released by BigAnt themselves??? Also saying that shot animations look like that game is just rubbish. See the videos again.....all the shots look like beautiful text book shots. The 'quickness' some people were talking about in the shots is (most likely) due to the late user input. Had the batsman been playing on higher difficulty levels where the foot movement is manual, you would see the batsman moving and getting into position much earlier than what we saw in the vids (Ross/HBK/Mike can correct me if I'm wrong here). Infact this is what makes this game even more stunning, that different people playing this game would have different input timing and thus different looking animation. Also the bowler runup and the spinner's action is the 'best' I have ever seen in a cricket game. To say that the graphics look cartoony or that the shot animations are poor is really unjustified (though it's subjective).

Believe i saw quite a few videos where batsman got out lbw while trying to play the ball through the wrong line. But yes, would be nice to see batsmen edging it while trying to defend.

The edge in the 20 min video looked and sounded fantastic. Too bad the buggy ai did not review lol. Ross sounded pissed off at that time.

AI probably didn't review because there isn't DRS in Australian domestic cricket

They could have appealed...it was a clear edge after all. Oh well...not too concerned about it. Having known ross and his team, i know they will do the best they can with all the restrictions of budgets and so.

I am liking the videos even more after repeated watching. Its really fluent when everything goes well without the bugs. Looks fantastic. Imagine what this game will look and play like in 2 years.

Thanks mate, sounds great all of it. Last question I promise, did you see any byes or leg byes and could you tell the difference between the 2 good versions and the average one. PS Ross next time Matt get's the best machine ok.:D

----------

Red/green/orange for length when batting, my guess is red is full green good and orange for short.

Pretty sure Red was short, green good and orange full.

Don't remember seeing any legbyes, byes although I saw a few hit the pads and go off towards the short leg fielder. I guess if he wasn't there then you'd run!

Lastly, yes you could tell the difference between the two versions.

Was happy with the BigAnt bag giveaway as well....I was lucky - mine had 2 HDMI leads left in it by a BA staff member! Only wish it was one with Mike's USB stick in it! (That was where he reloaded the game from when they realised it was an old build on there!)

Users who are viewing this thread