Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

Ross looks comfortably chilled in that photo.. considering the day he probably had. Actually, not chilled.. cooler than a cucumber sitting in a vat of dry ice.

So I've watched all Matt's videos now. Very impressed by career mode. The lack of bowling was disappointing but hopefully that will be explained (or has it been...)

Also, someone said that the graphics looked cartoony. Really? Compare this to RPIC05 and call it cartoony. Sure those old graphics were nice but this smashes it.

Everyone here goes on and on about MIB the show and how good it looks, yes it looks great but have you looked on there forum guys. The same as us, some people will never be happy, I am going to play the hell out of this game and any in the future.

----------

The funniest think I read on a MIB show forum was the commentary is rubbish. god try a cricket game guys, also the crowds.

presentation was the ace card for me, no one can fault that part, the animations were good overall, still room for improvement but better than anything we have seen before.
PS Like I said before we will know more this afternoon when Twisties3 has better videos coming, Matt your still a legend.

----------

How good were you at the game mate ?

I actually didn't play it in the end! I'm one of those people who I think Biggs referred to earlier...I didn't want to go in there and look like a total idiot when I was all out for zero!
I did however watch a lot of different people play and watched a few of the Big Ant staff demo it to them. I was really impressed by what I saw actually.
I'm a fair bit different to most of you guys here - I do love my cricket, but I've rarely played cricket games in the past. I REALLY detest the 'plonk the marker on the pitch' style that has been the norm for cricket games.
The on screen cues seem to be a much better way around it. Much like when you're batting in a real game, you have to 'read' the ball as it's delivered.

This will be the game that makes me want to play cricket on a console.

So I've watched all Matt's videos now. Very impressed by career mode. The lack of bowling was disappointing but hopefully that will be explained (or has it been...)

Also, someone said that the graphics looked cartoony. Really? Compare this to RPIC05 and call it cartoony. Sure those old graphics were nice but this smashes it.

There's a difference between poor graphics and "style" - the look we have is by design, to try and take into account that we will not be making all of the characters and models - some will like the style, some won't.

I actually didn't play it in the end! I'm one of those people who I think Biggs referred to earlier...I didn't want to go in there and look like a total idiot when I was all out for zero!
I did however watch a lot of different people play and watched a few of the Big Ant staff demo it to them. I was really impressed by what I saw actually.
I'm a fair bit different to most of you guys here - I do love my cricket, but I've rarely played cricket games in the past. I REALLY detest the 'plonk the marker on the pitch' style that has been the norm for cricket games.
The on screen cues seem to be a much better way around it. Much like when you're batting in a real game, you have to 'read' the ball as it's delivered.

This will be the game that makes me want to play cricket on a console.

You did not play, well that's different mate but each to there own.
PS Can you talk more about the other help markers in the game, we know about the trail but how many are there and how many can we turn on or off.
PS Most people suck when you play a cricket game for the first day or so, I tell you one think I will not be playing on master for a while.

Fan-boys will be quick to say im trolling, but lets not beat around the bush now, some of the bugs that came out of that 16 minute video were diabolically bad, and there were some potential gamebreakers in there.

Really, are a few subtle differences from build to build going to bandaid the deep cancers we saw yesterday? Im not confident it will. I hope it does... but these things need a complete overhaul I would of thought. The BigAnt dude was left speechless at stages.

These "oh no, thats cos its an old build" excuses are starting to rack up.

I know, how dare I express an opinion on these forums. SCUM. TROLL....:rolleyes

Go burn your effigies if you have to. :thumbs

Keep the faith up fanboys. I hope youre not let down.

presentation was the ace card for me, no one can fault that part, the animations were good overall, still room for improvement but better than anything we have seen before.
PS Like I said before we will know more this afternoon when Twisties3 has better videos coming, Matt your still a legend.

----------

How good were you at the game mate ?

You did not play, well that's different mate but each to there own.
PS Can you talk more about the other help markers in the game, we know about the trail but how many are there and how many can we turn on or off.
PS Most people suck when you play a cricket game for the first day or so, I tell you one think I will not be playing on master for a while.

There are different colors for different length balls (red, green, orange from memory) and different shaping for different lines ( full circle, half circle left, half circle right ). No idea about turning them on/off or what they do as difficulty level increases. Maybe that's one for Ross! The only impression I got was like I said in my previous post it made me feel more like I was in a real life cricket game trying to read what the ball was doing.
I'll have plenty of time to play the game when I get it! Probably should have had a game but now that I think about it I was able to take more in about it by going between the 3 ps3's. I even managed to encourage one guy to challenge an LBW which got overturned!! His reaction to that was priceless!

There will no doubt be issues present on the retail builds too, otherwise we wouldn't need a patch, but the ones in the old build are glaringly obvious, overthrows mostly.

Overthrows are the least of your concerns I would of thought...

Really, are a few subtle differences from build to build going to bandaid the deep cancers we saw yesterday? Im not confident it will. I hope it does... but these things need a complete overhaul I would of thought. The BigAnt dude was left speechless at stages.

The problem we have is all we have seen so far is the videos from the early session on the old build.

When you look at other official videos released by Big Ant over the months, none of these bugs are evident. Ross is unsure exactly how old that build was. Until we get the footage from Twisty, it really is pointless talking about the bugs unless they repeat themselves.

If the bugs on the final, retail build that Matt and Border would have seen, played, I'm sure their opinion wouldn't be as so positive as they have been so far.

Fan-boys will be quick to say im trolling, but lets not beat around the bush now, some of the bugs that came out of that 16 minute video were diabolically bad, and there were some potential gamebreakers in there.

I know, how dare I express an opinion on these forums. SCUM. TROLL....:rolleyes

Go burn your effigies if you have to. :thumbs

Keep the faith up fanboys. I hope youre not let down.

Yep, some of the bugs didn't look very good. But you/we simply don't know how different the two builds are - subtle or otherwise.

I would consider the build pretty old...hell the wicketkeeper/slip fielders were nit moving at all until the ball came towards them.

Users who are viewing this thread