Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

Ross mentioned somewhere the possibility of stadia being included in a DLC/patch but what might be better is a basic stadium editor/creator (something akin to what PES2012 featured) in said DLC. The players and teams that have been created in CA have more than made up for the unlicensed teams that will feature in the retail edition. Shared stadium creations could fill the stadium void in no time.

Ross mentioned somewhere the possibility of stadia being included in a DLC/patch but what might be better is a basic stadium editor/creator (something akin to what PES2012 featured) in said DLC. The players and teams that have been created in CA have more than made up for the unlicensed teams that will feature in the retail edition. Shared stadium creations could fill the stadium void in no time.

Ross has mentioned that this is something for the future versions of the game, something so intense couldn't really be DLC I'd imagine

watched Matt's 2 new videos, and the interview. all great stuff.

Mikey's explanation of the marker around the ball and what it does blew my mind - it actually gives us a proper chance to read the ball! fantastic way of doing that - really great idea.

Mikey's explanation of the marker around the ball and what it does blew my mind - it actually gives us a proper chance to read the ball! fantastic way of doing that - really great idea.

Sorry for asking Blocker but where abouts did Matt post those, I saw them earlier today at work but I can't see them again to actually watch them? Thanks heaps!

Sorry to pain Mate, I missed that explanation how does the marker round the ball make it easier to read the ball. Or is it just visually easier to see or something more

Cheers

Sorry for asking Blocker but where abouts did Matt post those, I saw them earlier today at work but I can't see them again to actually watch them? Thanks heaps!

i'll embed them here for use of looking. listen to mikey's explanation of the marker round the ball in part 1. far from being "arcadey", which it could be if it wasn't doing anything, it actually gives us the first chance we've ever had in a cricket game to read the delivery. very impressed. (explanation starts about a minute in)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to pain Mate, I missed that explanation how does the marker round the ball make it easier to read the ball. Or is it just visually easier to see or something more

Cheers

have a look at the first video embedded above, with sound on. about a minute in mikey starts explaining it. sounds great

i'll embed them here for use of looking. listen to mikey's explanation of the marker round the ball in part 1. far from being "arcadey", which it could be if it wasn't doing anything, it actually gives us the first chance we've ever had in a cricket game to read the delivery. very impressed. (explanation starts about a minute in)

Excellent I'll have look at that before I go up the pub

That sounds fantastic! Really innovative way to do it, and it really replicates the feeling of "watching" the ball in real life. You're waiting for that colour, and moving back or forward accordingly, you can't really premeditate your shot, and you still have the time to play each ball to its merit out of the hand.

That's really great thinking, and I can see how that will work. It's certainly a very promising game, can't wait to have a go at it!

Yea, I heard something to this effect:

Length:
Red = Short
Green = Good
Orange = Full

Line:
Full ring around the ball = straight
Semi-ring towards batsman's right = line outside off (for a right-hander)
Semi-ring towards batsman's left = line around leg (for a right-hander)

Sounds really great. But as has been said, we don't have these visual cues at higher difficulty levels, it's going to be a real challenge to play without them (also considering that bowler speeds would be much higher at higher difficulty levels)

Another thing that I heard towards the end of the video is that the L2 and R2 are pressure sensitive when batting so you can get the really aggressive ground strokes holding them together and then just chipping the ball into the outfield by lightly pressing L2

Ross, one last clarification. What we will have is 13 unique stadia physically but repeated and named as various other stadia. So, in case I want to construct a World Cup in India, I would still have more than 3 stadia to hold it in, right? They may not actually be Chennai, Mumbai, Kolkata etc but I can still have 7 or 8 stadia named Chennai, Mumbai, Kolkata et al and play the World Cup. Have I read it alright? If that is so, I`m completely fine. I don`t mind Southampton and Wankhede looking similar as long as I can have a full test series in India in unique venues and conditions that are Indian. How the stands look is secondary.

I had a closer look at Tour/Competition Designer in Cricket Academy. Unfortunately, I don't see a way to specify where the matches should take place (stadium/location) while designing a tour. I hope I am wrong and there *is* a way to specify that.If not, I am hopeful of a mod which would allow us more finer control over tour design which would give us the ability to set stadium/location for each of the matches in a tour.

Nice stuff!!!

I dont know why, but I just get a feeling that Ross does not understand how big the 'online Save' feature is for us guys (i.e. consumers). The feature is not listed on the back cover of the box art, neither did Ross mention it in the interview when asked what new stuff this game brings in. Come on Ross.......its really a HUGE HUGE feature for cricket game fans....something that was requested by almost everyone on this forum and something that has never been done before. Let the people know about it :cheers! Its a big achievement that you guys made it available in the game!

Users who are viewing this thread