Don Bradman Cricket in the Press

There will never be a version of DBC14 that supports keyboard control.

It does underline one of the reasons I went to all of the press and made hundreds of calls - but you cant capture them all - there is always someone that's going to take the easy road.

More of them might be especially tempted to "take the easy road" if you refer to them sarcastically as "professional" or announce that they're all corrupt. :)

Be nice you meanie.

More of them might be especially tempted to "take the easy road" if you refer to them sarcastically as "professional" or announce that they're all corrupt. :)

Be nice you meanie.

You should visit here more often.

Be nice you meanie.

I know, I'm so good at winning friends and influencing people :)

I guess if they got paid we could call them "professional journalists", I do feel for the real guys out there trying to do it for a living.

Eurogamer is actually a quality site and one of the biggest gaming sites around along with IGN and Gamespot. They normally have some really good articles and observations. Their Digital Foundary tech. breakdowns are unmatched.

It's a pity this journo didn't mention everything, but I guess this was the risk in delaying and being compared to Ashes13. And let's face it, at least these guys are actually talking about cricket games and providing information. If ever there was a site to make sure they have the correct information about a cricket game, Eurogamer would be it.

Ross, given that you guys are concerned about DBC14 being confused as another AC13 or AC13 itself, does this mean you might go out on a limb and get some early reviews of the game so you can put those review scores on the box? (assuming the reviews will be positive). I am desperate for DBC14 to succeed as much as everyone else here, and this might be something to help differentiate the product.

Last edited:
Eurogamer is actually a quality site and one of the biggest gaming sites around along with IGN and Gamespot. They normally have some really good articles and observations. Their Digital Foundary tech. breakdowns are unmatched.

It's a pity this journo didn't mention everything, but I guess this was the risk in delaying and being compared to Ashes13. And let's face it, at least these guys are actually talking about cricket games and providing information. If ever there was a site to make sure they have the correct information about a cricket game, Eurogamer would be it.

Ross, given that you guys are concerned about DBC14 being confused as another AC13 or AC13 itself, does this mean you might go out on a limb and get some early reviews of the game so you can put those review scores on the box? (assuming the reviews will be positive). I am desperate for DBC14 to succeed as much as everyone else here, and this might be something to help differentiate the product.

Eurogamer is widely read and generally of quality. Everyone loves a headline though and sometimes it's just going to go that way.

I doubt we will do press copies of the game, it is something that Tru Blu generally do not do, early days in our relationship I disagreed with them but over time I have come around to their way of thinking.

Press reviews of sports games are usually pointless in my opinion - they're generally written by people who don't understand the sport in question, only play for a short time and don't try the majority of the game modes. DBC would probably get a low score from the major reviewers even if it were excellent due to the type of people who would be reviewing it.

Press reviews of sports games are usually pointless in my opinion - they're generally written by people who don't understand the sport in question, only play for a short time and don't try the majority of the game modes. DBC would probably get a low score from the major reviewers even if it were excellent due to the type of people who would be reviewing it.

Well I'm sure Big Ant want more than just the cricket die-hards to buy the game. Unless all the die-hards in the sub-continent buy it :)

Either you enjoy the game or you don't and that's all a reviewer can report on. In fact it's probably more representative of the majority of players to have someone with only a mild interest in cricket to review it.

I'd love to hear what the market research has revealed in terms of buyer/player demographic for a cricket game.

Well I'm sure Big Ant want more than just the cricket die-hards to buy the game. Unless all the die-hards in the sub-continent buy it :)

Either you enjoy the game or you don't and that's all a reviewer can report on. In fact it's probably more representative of the majority of players to have someone with only a mild interest in cricket to review it.

I'd love to hear what the market research has revealed in terms of buyer/player demographic for a cricket game.

The world would be an infinitely better place if review scores were abolished. It would force both writer AND reader to think a bit more about it.

Users who are viewing this thread