Don Bradman Cricket in the Press

The world would be an infinitely better place if review scores were abolished. It would force both writer AND reader to think a bit more about it.
Exactly, many people probably don't even read the reviews, they just see the score and go "this game sucks". Metacritic in particular is such a bullshit way of judging a game.

The content of the review could be mostly positive, but the arbitrary number assigned at the end is what matters and makes the sales...

It is true though that this game needs to sell plenty of copies to more casual cricket fans around the world for Big Ant to make the profits they need to keep the series going into the future, and the for that you need mainstream publicity and good review scores. Cashing in on the hype surrounding the Ashes would have sold a lot of copies, but that wasn't possible (AC13...) so that opportunity has passed.

Ross, will we see DBC14 in cricket magazines and on-screen tv shows this comimg month? here we have Inside Edge and Cricket 360 and have seen them advertising the previous edition of ICC world cup game.

Don Bradman Cricket 14 delayed until 2014 | Lazygamer .:: The Worlds Best Video Game News ::.

Well atleast this guy included the full announcement un like the others.

don-bradman-cricket-2014.jpg

Biggs you have competition!

I hope this delay does not turn out to be a negative factor for the game with most of the headlines portraying the delay. :noway

Ross could have better announced the reason for the delay along with the announcement and they could have avoided all the negativity spreading around. Its not high time yet, and they can do it now too. Hope not many are affected by the bad reviews posted so far, and it'll be great if Ross can present the real reason behind the delay to other people/users too. Currently, it just seems to be restricted to the PC community.:)

Yeah it does seem that the impression the non-PlanetCricket community has is "oh, another cricket game has failed to deliver, surprise surprise" when this is not the case.

Wording the statement differently would have been a tricky thing to do also, because Ross couldn't exactly say the delay was due to the AC13 fiasco in an official statement.

It would be nice to see some positive press for the game, the game should stand up on it's own merits for it's quality but that's not always how things turn out, especially when you have things like that stupid article from Eurogamer poisoning people's perception of it.

Not to go too much into that poisonous issue of the release date but I'm sure the press would be more positive if the game is released after only a short delay and not 6 months later to little fanfare.

Ross could have better announced the reason for the delay along with the announcement and they could have avoided all the negativity spreading around. Its not high time yet, and they can do it now too. Hope not many are affected by the bad reviews posted so far, and it'll be great if Ross can present the real reason behind the delay to other people/users too. Currently, it just seems to be restricted to the PC community.:)

I think it could be better reported. Whatever I would have said the comparison to Ashes would be made. It is reflective of what the general populace would have thought if they had seen our game on the shelf and actually proves my point for delay - I do not have the time nor $ to invest in educating the broader audience that is required to make this game a success.

I think it could be better reported. Whatever I would have said the comparison to Ashes would be made. It is reflective of what the general populace would have thought if they had seen our game on the shelf and actually proves my point for delay - I do not have the time nor $ to invest in educating the broader audience that is required to make this game a success.

I guess Fegan won't be getting a Xmas card from you this year.

With you saying you do not have the time, does that in any way mean your plan( bigant/trublu) is to get DB14 out sooner rather than later, or do you think with the negativity surrounding cricket games, you're better served improving the game and taking more time? Obviously reading your posts it could be any time after Jan 1st, but could be after February. After seeing how much is in the game over the last 6 months I wouldn't think you'll just sit on the finished game and wait for the right time!

I guess Fegan won't be getting a Xmas card from you this year.

Probably not, but I think Fegan probably did send him one. The only issue was the postal van could do nothing but drive up and down the same street endlessly.

I agree, but a facebook status update won't do any harm!

I found this on the link below-:

Don Bradman Cricket 14 delayed to 2014, fans offered net practice instead | games.on.net

Big ant?pffft!!!
Purchased their Rugby League Live 2 on the PS3, as expected plenty of bugs but none game breaking, just the usual annoying little ones like too many intercepts or big, beefy forwards out running speedier backs.
Over 12 months we got about 2 patches plus some DLC, valued at about $5. The problem is that the patches fixed nothing except they dumbed down the game to make it easier!!!!
WTF?!?! Why make a game easier when it has 4 or 5 levels of difficulty??
To make the game fun, I play on the hardest difficulty with a under 18?s team against the NRL elites?.and I won the grand final, losing only 2 games all year.
Big Ant rep, Ross admitted to dumbing the game down for the masses, but wouldnt answer my question as to whats the purpose of difficulty levels if the devs make the game easier.
Dont waste your money on these hacks, in game the AI never miss a conversion, intercepts still happen & big forwards still out sprint fast backs?.But they have pumped out a World Cup version with all these problems fixed?.problem is it will cost you another $50+.
Cough?money grab?cough
No loyalty, no proper fixes?kiss my furry, white ass Bigant!!!!!!!

Someone posted this on games.on.net wondering how idiotic some people can be..

Users who are viewing this thread