don bradman crocket 2014 android ?

haha my bad i was typing fastly now i saw wtf everybody saying crockot :D :D :P

people saying there are not only mobile devices out there i just want emm know that anybody can kill if anybody touch their smarrtphones but laptops,xbox,ps4 wont cause me any problem MY RULE "NO ONE WILL TOUCH MY PHONE" the i keep my mobile phone where ever go i cant keep ps4 xbox,laptops in my pockets

android rules the world go wakeup brothers now

and its because i just use pc very less so got mistake only for hacking purposes but im sticked to my android device always

Sorry guys, this one is going to take a little longer to correct, and it's weekend, time to drink, so you'll have to wait. lol

why has one of the (MANY) other free mobile games not been a big success yet?

might sound rude but apart from real cricket most are utter crap and unfinished and not polished, most are developed by very small scale companies with very limited experience in game making. real cricket while pretty good is still feels more of a polished alan border cricket type games than this gen one, still my view its best one out there for mobiles.

Facebook "likes" can't be used as an indicator: there's all sorts of nefarious ways they could be being inflated. Also a Facebook game is no indicator that those same people have phones capable of running a game

ya true which is why i mentioned just one of those games, if you put all of them together and hard data would be more, its a dodgy indicator but a good one considering the game as well as the market, the no of people having phones capable would be much higher than those accessing FB on PC as well as just liking a page of the game instead of just playing it.

Ads are no way to make money - it's peanuts compared with the cost of making it unless you get a HUGE number of people playing it a lot.

ads and sponsor and the SC demographic, like i said multiply the amount pirated by 50.. we are talking big numbers here. Ads/sponsors is the only way i can see of tapping SC potential of now.

and once it becomes the standardized casual/ mobile cricket multiplayer it has much better potential of licences and official ads tie ups etc.

Last edited:
might sound rude but apart from real cricket most are utter crap and unfinished and not polished, most are developed by very small scale companies with very limited experience in game making. real cricket while pretty good is still feels more of a polished alan border cricket type games than this gen one, still my view its best one out there for mobiles.

This is my point. If the best game out there already can't be really successful then why would you invest in making one that is better? It says to me that the market is limited.

There's been an (admittedly very poor) Cricket game out there, fully licensed, for around 4 years and they never made a success out of it. If they cannot, then what chance an unlicensed game that will take money to develop, and then a lot more to maintain once launched.

This is my point. If the best game out there already can't be really successful then why would you invest in making one that is better? It says to me that the market is limited.
i like real cricketdevs too much to pick it:) But it has lots of limitation and is just starting out, its a sprite based game for starters like something of 2000s era. 2d sprite based games dont work all that well for sports games even if its just a mobile one nowadays.
still has 1 lakh+ installs which is pretty good for it.

poor games will never do well even if they are free, good game with entertaining gameplay will do very well for free on the other hand.License doesnt matter much in mobile games, can it be fun, is all that would matter.

again ross is already developing one for vita i think while its more convenient due to PS engine, i would say if they are going casual you cant go wrong going for mobile markets especially one's dry of good game in that market.

If taken seriously you can always open up a watered down version of the game say rookie level with just one on screen analog stick control.

mobile based cricket multiplayer with ads should make it profitable.

have to make as ads only version, dbc will top any available cricket game, of now onyl ones that seem to have some value though i havnt tried oput, are real cricket and stick cricket i think, dbc should easily topple it.

yes nice idea :) ads version will do the trick as i know google admob pays lots of bucks as my friends use it on their android apps im adsense and it helps alot :D
if you want to take help of graphic experts and help of developers you can search xda-deveopers.com there are guys who helps for free i have ported and made custom roms everybody helps free of cost but i guess graphic is time consuming and all but i dont think people there are greedy :)[DOUBLEPOST=1412960211][/DOUBLEPOST]

There's been an (admittedly very poor) Cricket game out there, fully licensed, for around 4 years and they never made a success out of it. If they cannot, then what chance an unlicensed game that will take money to develop, and then a lot more to maintain once launched.
its because virender sehwag name is birendr shwh and harbahjan singh name will be harban singh thats why they never get success
people here want real names and adding ipl to the game would help alot

if you want to take help of graphic experts and help of developers you can search xda-deveopers.com there are guys who helps for free i have ported and made custom roms everybody helps free of cost but i guess graphic is time consuming and all but i dont think people there are greedy :)

im sure BA have more than enough competent people to make the game, adsense while may be very profitable for freelancers or small startups wont cut it for BA , i think atleast totally, BA will have get some big fishes too for ads.

its because virender sehwag name is birendr shwh and harbahjan singh name will be harban singh thats why they never get success
no licensing is not a big issue, the games themselves were crap most of the times.

i think i have gone too long with this discussion.. all i meant was crocket for android may not be a bad idea at all:p.

i like real cricketdevs too much to pick it:) But it has lots of limitation and is just starting out, its a sprite based game for starters like something of 2000s era. 2d sprite based games dont work all that well for sports games even if its just a mobile one nowadays.
still has 1 lakh+ installs which is pretty good for it.

Install numbers can also be misleading: often they are bought. If you're relying solely on ads, more important is how many people are actively playing it, how often they're triggering ads etc.

It's very complicated, and very hard to make money in mobile. It's a dark art.

Install numbers can also be misleading: often they are bought. If you're relying solely on ads, more important is how many people are actively playing it, how often they're triggering ads etc.

again can we count on Bigant to deliver an engaging game?, if yes there shouldn't be a prob, if a person installs a game and doesnt play, its the game's failure than the market.

again can we count on Bigant to deliver an engaging game?, if yes there shouldn't be a prob, if a person installs a game and doesn't play, its the game's failure than the market.

They already developed arguably the best PC Cricket game ever made. I maintain that the market to sustain it isn't there, and I think the same is true on mobile. Especially if you're now giving it away for free.

I maintain that the market to sustain it isn't there

mainly due to piracy on PC, which means hell lot of people are playing a lesser version of game because they can snatch it for free, so how about using these numbers to advantage(which is going to be much higher for phones + folks who take to good free games) + casual market is always going to be even larger than sports sim category and go with an ad based model if done right can be more than sustainable.

mainly due to piracy on PC, which means hell lot of people are playing a lesser version of game because they can snatch it for free, so how about using these numbers to advantage(which is going to be much higher for phones + folks who take to good free games) + casual market is always going to be even larger than sports sim category and go with an ad based model if done right can be more than sustainable.

Right: I'm lost. :) So you think BA should make a more casual, F2P version of the game for Android?

In which case I go back a few steps and say: how do you compete with Stick Cricket or the hundreds of other casual action cricket titles out there already?

we are going in circles:),BA are doing a casual game anyway, a watered down casual cricket game from BA is still going to top all those titles by miles right?

a watered down casual cricket game from BA is still going to top all those titles by miles right?
I doubt it. DBC14 is pretty much the exact opposite of the point and click adventure cricket that most mobile games are - no unique elements of DBC14 carry over to a mobile scenario.

Although, assuming you'd only have single player (synchronous multiplayer on mobile is still a total non-starter) you'd actually have more options in the design area to do a few more interesting things than the standard games... However, that's all pushing it back towards a less casual market, so you run into the same issues.

A "New Star Soccer" cricket equivalent would be interesting. So you only get to play key moments in the games rather than a full innings, which means you can boil it down to the sub 5min experience that a succesfull mobile game has to be.
Longer term play is completely incompatible with mobile games - You need to find something that is enjoyable for 3 mins OR 1 hour, depending on what sort of time the player has.

no unique elements of DBC14 carry over to a mobile scenario.
right now rookie mode is playable with just one stick, given they can implement one onscreen analog stick to make up for it with limited buttons. also wouldnt it be based more on table top in that scenario which would be sharing elements of dbc.

A "New Star Soccer" cricket equivalent would be interesting. So you only get to play key moments in the games rather than a full innings, which means you can boil it down to the sub 5min experience that a succesfull mobile game has to be.

like that idea, a quick challenge mode should be of help were you are given a no of runs to chase or wickets to take.

Users who are viewing this thread