Eddie's Gameplay patch

I think fielders should be placed in such a way that it is not too hard to tick a single but some boundries which are easier to hit should be well protected.Anyway I will check out all new settings and will let you know.

where do i put the fields..in the main directory??

I just finished batting one session with your new patch eddie on green pitch. But i have to say that in more then 30overs batting i didnt got even 1 boundary through ground shot. To get a boundary i have to use the six hit button and without that not even singles were possible. There were absolutely no gaps for scoring runs.

when i tested it i actually thought it was too easy to hit boundaries..have u tried other pitch types? Green pitch has the 2nd slowest outfield (slowest is damp).

====================================================

where do i put the fields..in the main directory??

yes

===================================================

amyone bowled yet? When testing I found the CPU maybe a little aggressive , especially if you don't get early wickets..however i was bowling at Australia..Other countries maybe less aggressive.

Right

I was 158-8 when i loaded this up (Ashes tour against western Australia), i got them all out for 174, a dropped catch through the slips too. It wasn't bad quite normal tbh

Now i went to bat in the 2nd innings, I am 30-0 after 6 overs. Im still hitting fours, a couple was 6 hit shots that had a single bounce before hitting a 4. A few singles and then a few normal fours through the covers

Looks quite good, im playing medium, maybe its time to go to hard if im still scoring 6 an over in test matches

Yorkshire_No1 said:
...maybe its time to go to hard if im still scoring 6 an over in test matches
What's the matter with that? Quite normal for England these days ;) :D .

The patch seems to be good...i'm playing hard mode... and i tell u what it is very diffcult to find the ropes with nomal shots... but i all ways left the ball over wide long on for fours..

but very little runs on the of side..cos it's difficult to find fours...
anyways i love this patch it's still great...

Great patch and fields Eddie (4.4 ODI and fields), with the new field settings it's harder to get fours and sixer later in the innings (past 15 overs). Just the early innings (first 15 overs) it's till easy too easy to score boundaries. Is there anything that can be done about this or do we have to wait till the bowling line and length issue gets sorted out? I played on a normal pitch, clear skies and hard mode as Aus vesing NZ (50 overs ODI). I was averaging around 10runs per over during this 15 over period.

Eddie I tried your patch at normal pitch also but still I am not able to find gaps and score singles or doubles although hitting boundaries with six hit button is quite easy. But I dont like using six hit button in tests.

can someone who has bowled using the "test match patch" tell what sort of scores the CPU made plz?

Hey Eddie, Which one of ur patches iz the one in which CPU paces his innings through the 50 overs and plays according to the target !!

hey eddie int he test match patch the cpu is playing too many ondrives....and they always go for 4....even from offstump and just outside

Rahul said:
hey eddie int he test match patch the cpu is playing too many ondrives....and they always go for 4....even from offstump and just outside
Who are you playing, i never witnessed that yet

Im bowling to them (Chairmans) and there 64/2 and HArmison dropped a straight catch at 33, so it could of been 33/3. Like it so far

Rocky911 said:
Which one of ur patches iz the one in which CPU paces his innings through the 50 overs and plays according to the target !!

That is impossible unless separate pacing files are created for different scenarios

Users who are viewing this thread