Eddie's Gameplay patch

zimrahil said:
That is impossible unless separate pacing files are created for different scenarios

What are you saying here Zim?
Can you clarify what this means :eek:

thanx

Can you clarify what this means

thanx

what he means is, you can only tell the CPU how to bat between certain periods of time (inning is split into 7 parts). The CPU will not play defensively because they have lost early wickets, conversely, the CPU won't be more aggressive if they have wicket in hand.

In Swinger said:
Can you clarify what this means :eek:

thanx

What I really mean is this (Eddie has touched on it)

The pacing files take no account of match situation whatsoever. All you can do is try to determine how aggressive/defensive cpu plays in various parts of the innings

The only way around this is to create separate pacings files like thus:

Cpu bats first:
Create pacing file whereby cpu goes for some 6 hits in first 15 overs, then plays moderately for a while, before going more aggressive again in last 10 overs. This hopefully on average ensures cpu scores between 200-275 for arguments sake

Cpu bats second.
Ideally need 3 different pacing files and the one you use depends on how many runs you scored in the 1st innings

a) You scored less than 200 runs
Would use a pacing file whereby there is likelihood of hardly any 6's being hit by cpu at all.

b) You scored between 200-275 runs
Would use the pacing file used when cpu batted first

c) You scored over 275 runs
Would need a pacing file whereby cpu is more likely to go for more aggressive/6 hits in first 15 overs. Then needs to bat more agressive in middle orders, and in last 10 overs is very aggressive with lots of 6 hit attempts

I hope you get the idea

Sounds like a very good idea !!

Will this kind of a patch (that Zim was talking about) release as a separate one ?

akira2291 said:
sounds a good idea for me too, only the way of releasing it is the problme maybe....

Not really - the hard part is creating the separate pacing files. The easy part is to make 3 copies of your 2bb7......big file and import each separate pacing file into each copy of the big file, and then put the big file you want to use in the root directory of the Cricket 2005 folder

zimrahil said:
What I really mean is this (Eddie has touched on it)

The pacing files take no account of match situation whatsoever. All you can do is try to determine how aggressive/defensive cpu plays in various parts of the innings

The only way around this is to create separate pacings files like thus:

Cpu bats first:
Create pacing file whereby cpu goes for some 6 hits in first 15 overs, then plays moderately for a while, before going more aggressive again in last 10 overs. This hopefully on average ensures cpu scores between 200-275 for arguments sake

Cpu bats second.
Ideally need 3 different pacing files and the one you use depends on how many runs you scored in the 1st innings

Would use a pacing file whereby there is likelihood of hardly any 6's being hit by cpu at all.

Would need a pacing file whereby cpu is more likely to go for more aggressive/6 hits in first 15 overs. Then needs to bat more agressive in middle orders, and in last 10 overs is very aggressive with lots of 6 hit attempts

I hope you get the idea

I am very excited about game after reading this. Hopefully I see something like this very soon.

I hope someone can implement this.Very nice idea Zimhrill,I think you have tested all this and you are playing with it.I remembered that you always wanted that ai should be enough smart as this is the only thing which makes any game apple of eye.

Hero said:
I hope someone can implement this.Very nice idea Zimhrill,I think you have tested all this and you are playing with it.I remembered that you always wanted that ai should be enough smart as this is the only thing which makes any game apple of eye.

I wish I had done it and was using it. Its something that does cross my mind,as a way of compensating for poor AI.

Wait for eddie or tutsi etc as I sure they can come up with the goods

This is where i feel let down.zimrahill say's to wait for eddie or tutsi,well am i nonexistent.I feel im trying just as hard to improve the game.I guess ill have to try making the pacing files myself,then only ill get named ever,maybe even then ill remain unknown.

Siddharth(& trying to implement zimrahill's ideas,will update soon)

zimrahil said:
Not really - the hard part is creating the separate pacing files. The easy part is to make 3 copies of your 2bb7......big file and import each separate pacing file into each copy of the big file, and then put the big file you want to use in the root directory of the Cricket 2005 folder

and you have to change everytime the gob for every three situations.... that was the point im saying it wouldn't be so easy cause one gob with all three files included would be easy to handle, but that not possible i think.

Cpu bats second.

I hope you get the idea

I can't see why this could n't be implemented. Might take a while to get right though.

I'd probly break it down to :

1. CPU bats 2nd chasing 200 (or less).
2. CPU bats 2nd chasing 200-250.
3. CPU bats 2nd chasing 250+
4. CPU batting first (aiming for 200-250? same as #2 but with CPU batting first?)

The only problem you'd have then is constantly swapping the three 2bb7ad25c9aa96dc7b6f670d84a4df83.big files around after every innings.

But if enough people want it, i will ceetainly give it a go. Although i am currently adding finishing touches to the latest version of my Test Match patch.

I want to clarify something.Is everyone willing to continusly change their .big files acc to the situation.Theyll have to keep copying and pasting their .big file.

Siddharth

Yep, I'd do it. It doesn't take a second, (you'd just need folders within a folder with the various big files it them) and it'd be worth it to have the cpu batting as realistic as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread