Eddie's Gameplay patch

i think you have made toomany edges though. I just got bowled out for 18 by a county side. (playing as australia)

on hard mode? If so, you have to be careful "wafting" outside offstump early in your innings. Bowl to the CPU ...

haven't got any edges so far..which shots would result in edges? also cpu hardly goes for expensive drives and defends 80% of deliveries, may be that could be a problem.

Nice patch Eddie but where?s the width. I?ve battered about 1000 overs with various teams so far and I?ve only been able to play the cover drive and cut on a handful of occasions, all my runs come on the leg side or straight down the ground. Every single bowler seems to bowl, wicket to wicket, I need width!.

yeah same here. havent played a cut shot (although i have missed a couple of times). most deliveries are either on the stumps or yorkers

Patch Problems

First off, Thanks for the patch Eddie. It has made the game more realistic thats for sure. I just have one problem with batting. The little flick shot off the toes (leg glance?) seems to be impossible to pull off. The batter will play off the back foot even when I press the front foot button. I am getting heaps of LBW's. I used to score a little off this shot particularly in Tests. I don't care if I can't score off it I just hate the LBW's. The front foot defensive shot is a little dodgy as well. If you could help that would be simply wonderful. By the way thanks again; it's blokes like you that EA should pay to get this stuff right.

Does anyone get Ritchie saying "Thats the first boundary of the innings for XXXXX" about three balls after the actually boundary. Funny stuff

Richie Rocks

The batter will play off the back foot even when I press the front foot button.

sounds like you are playing in easy mode..

In easy mode the CPU chooses whether u play front or back..

My advice, try medium..

most deliveries are either on the stumps or yorkers

ok , the only way to sovle this (at the moment), is to increase the size of the bowling cusor. However, this makes bowling very hard.

So, the solution!

I will release TWO PATCHES!

1. with a huge cursor (for when the CPU bowls).
2. with a normal cursor ( for when we bowl)

Does this seem like a good idea? I am going out for a few hrs, if enough people think it is a good idea, when i get back i will release the "TWO-PART-PATCH".

Eddie said:
ok , the only way to sovle this (at the moment), is to increase the size of the bowling cusor. However, this makes bowling very hard.

So, the solution!

I will release TWO PATCHES!

1. with a huge cursor (for when the CPU bowls).
2. with a normal cursor ( for when we bowl)

Does this seem like a good idea? I am going out for a few hrs, if enough people think it is a good idea, when i get back i will release the "TWO-PART-PATCH".
Will we have to keep changing the patches, like deleting the other one and pasting the one we want every innings?

Will we have to keep changing the patches, like deleting the other one and pasting the one we want every innings?

yeah, although i'd use cut 'n' paste..

I should give SIGNIFICANTLY improved gameplay whilst batting.

Here we go guys, try this out, i think you will LOVE IT!

This is a BATTING ONLY PATCH. Now the CPU bowls varied line and length.

I tested it for 10-15 overs and its amazing! I think the CPU only bowled 2 yorkers in that time.

Remember to use the TEST PATCH v1.0 when you are bowling.

Attachments

• Eddie Test Patch_batting only(large bowling curso)_v1.0.zip
    100.4 KB · Views: 119
so would you have to change it even iif you were gonna autoplay

nope, if you Autoplay, it makes no differnce which file you use.

Anyone tried the batting only patch yet?

Is this the same as the one BarmyArmy did?

Nope, i think Colin edited the roster to make the Player values lower..I have made change to where they bowl, so more accurate bowlers (McGrath) will still be more accurate than erratic bowlers.

Users who are viewing this thread