Eddie's Gameplay patch

its good the CPu finally bowls there but its a bit too erratic problem with medium mode is I cant move the Batman's to hook when there way down the leg side and easy mode well.... sux coz you cant choose your shots any way to make medium mode be able to move your batsman?

Awesome work Eddie!

I started off a test match, and I immediately noticed the cpu FINALLY bowled more outside the off stump!

The only complaint I have had about C2k5 was that the bowlers bowled too straight, and now thanks to you, this bug is removed!

Excellent work mate, this patch has made batting a million times more fun!

I'll post a detailed review of your test patch today - I have lots of free time, and I'm now enjoying batting so much!
glad to hear you like it. looking forward to your longer review later.

============================================
any way to make medium mode be able to move your batsman?
I can't do that, but SAM did something like that for C2K4.

Ed, have you considered perhaps making the bowling cursor slight smaller on your Batting only patch? ....reason I say that, it would still give the varied line and length but cut down on the number of wides, just an idea.

tried the other patches on this site.i have to say your OD and test match patches are the best ones for me.excellent work keep it up Eddie

Doing a test match now with it and it is realistic but not very exciting. Maybe it will lighten up. Somerset are 15/0 after 12 overs. 6 runs coming from no balls (MY fault). There barely hitting it for runs

I started a test match, South Africa(me) vs England. It was on a green pitch, so I chose to bowl on winning the toss.

CPU played quite well, but defending almost everything. Very rarely do they go for runs. It was quite repetitive, I managed to get them all out for 208 in 81 overs!

I thought it was a very good total, as the pitch favoured bowling alot. Only problem is that it gets quite boring after a while. I would like the cpu playing more shots.

Anyway, I'm off to the fun part, that is the batting,will post a review soon :)

Try playing Australia on a hard pitch..

I did, and got smacked all over...

Different teams seem to have different levels of aggression..

However, once they get settled batsmen tend to play shots all over the place..

Ed are you going to try and reduce the cursor on the test patch just a bit,the main bowlers are pretty good but the part timers bowl too many wides,i would guess if you played a county season the bowling would be pretty ordinary just needs to be tweaked a bit,hows the one day patch going i would sugg if you managed to make a good one for the one dayers it would prob work for the tests as well,just some sugg,good work whatever happens.Is there any way us normal people can adjust the bowling cursor size???

do i need to download both patches , 1 for test and 1 for odis or will v4.4 do both now...? thx

do i need to download both patches , 1 for test and 1 for odis or will v4.4 do both now...? thx

down load all 3.

use the Test match patch for bowling in tests
use the Test match batting patch (huge cursor) for batting in tests
use the Odi patch for all odi games

i also think u should make it possible to move the batsman slightly after seeing the cursor spot, BUT only a small ammount and also on HARD level. cos in real cricket the batsman move there feet slightly before a shot , so in hard mode this would be terrific. could u please tell me how to do this and i will do it myself as i think this would be very VERY POPULAR indeed. maybe u can take the easy level where u have movement and just make it hard level etc???? please answer me as im so keen to do this rather than always being stuck at the crease which FORCES u to play 1 or 2 shots only per bowler etc.many thx

so just to make that simpler ......
take easy mode where u can shuffle the batsman a little after cursor,and make all the settings really hard !! SORTED , if possible this would be a winner , thx

Damolee said:
Ed, have you considered perhaps making the bowling cursor slight smaller on your Batting only patch? ....reason I say that, it would still give the varied line and length but cut down on the number of wides, just an idea.

i think your patch is brilliant for tests (batting patch) especially , BUT !!! my god when u play against any poor bowlers or average domestic county bowlers u get MORE wides than normal deliveries. i really love this patch so can u please do something with the poorer bowlers. i got 17 wides in 3 overs from 1 guy and the rest were unreachable to even try to hit !! if u could try to sort this it would be easily the best patch , many thx for great work

if u could link these 2 matters above u would be a superhero as the patch would be unbeatable !!!

Hey Eddie, big problem with the batting patch. I started up Prakash's 3rd Ashes Test save game, and the cpu were bowling everything like 5 feet away from the pitch! :eek:

I think you might have to reduce the size of the bowling cursor a bit.

Or do you think that the save game uses the patch Prakash was using?

Users who are viewing this thread