Eddie's Gameplay patch

thanx, i am quite eager to see what people thiink of the "new improved AI bowling".

Hi Eddie,
Tested your twin pathces last night. Actually just tested the batting haf of it. Played a test match - India vs Pak in Pak. The patch is good, but the thing I noticed was Sami gets real erratic now. I know that was the intention but of the 4 overs he bowled, there were 10 wides that were given and and atleast 20 balls that I could not reach even if I wanted to. Akhtar was pretty accurate on the other hand and so was Kaneria. I thought the fielders moved a lot better now, don't know if it was the patch or me playing at 2 in the morning... But they did seem to actually run to the ball as opposed to glide to it. I am not sure I noticed any significant difference in terms of seam, swing movement...That's all the initial testing I had.. Will let u know more.
I am sure this has been pointed out, but still to satiate myself I shall put forth these queries as well...

1. The umpire gives wides to deliveries that will never be called one in test match cricket...
2. Gives byes when it hits the batsman and goes to square leg or somewhere....
3. Quite a few edges are gives as legbyes... if they are caught then they are given out....
4. Is there anyway to get back into the crease after going down the track to a spinner...
5. The batsman when hit by a bouncer while playing a hook, falls on the stumps but does not break them..
6. In game injury ...

Are any of these things realistically possible or am I clutching at miniscule straws??

Thanks mate much appreciated though
-KB

I like the patch for the tests but would like it tweaked down just a bit i dont know how you did it but if the the bowlers could bowl that bad delivery once every 8 balls for inst,at the moment its 1 good ball to about 5 bad if you could do that i would even sugg to do it in the 1 day games,it gives the game that bit more realism,i must say i think your patches are very good,keep it up. :D

1. The umpire gives wides to deliveries that will never be called one in test match cricket...
2. Gives byes when it hits the batsman and goes to square leg or somewhere....
3. Quite a few edges are gives as legbyes... if they are caught then they are given out....
4. Is there anyway to get back into the crease after going down the track to a spinner...
5. The batsman when hit by a bouncer while playing a hook, falls on the stumps but does not break them..
6. In game injury ...

Are any of these things realistically possible or am I clutching at miniscule straws??

sadly all way beyond my powers, most of them would require some major re-programming of the game.

I noticed was Sami gets real erratic now. I know that was the intention but of the 4 overs he bowled, there were 10 wides that were given and and atleast 20 balls that I could not reach even if I wanted to.

was that in hard or medium?

I like the patch for the tests but would like it tweaked down just a bit i dont know how you did it but if the the bowlers could bowl that bad delivery once every 8 balls for inst,at the moment its 1 good ball to about 5 bad if you could do that i would even sugg to do it in the 1 day games,it gives the game that bit more realism,i must say i think your patches are very good,keep it up.
It seems i may have made the CPU a little too erratic in bowling..I will tone it down a bit tommorow.

And yes i will do the same for the ODI patch, but have to be careful, or the CPU will bowl many wides..

Last edited:
Hello Eddie, first time post, long time user of your patches.

Got something that might help you, I like the new bowling system a lot however I've found that it only really works with bowlers whose accuracy is at least into the 80's. I was playing a county match (York's VS. Essex) and Middlebrook, a spin bowler was bowling 4/6 almost out of the wicket, his accuracy is only 66. I tested this with a few other players and found the same results. Would there be a way of adjusting only the weaker bowlers as I think the settings in this patch are almost perfect for the better bowlers. I was finally able to score some 4's from cuts and pulls. However there were still enough balls per over at a good line and length. I found this very realistic Hope that info helps in your new patch.

I'm on hard mode btw

Cheers

I was playing a county match (York's VS. Essex) and Middlebrook, a spin bowler was bowling 4/6 almost out of the wicket, his accuracy is only 66.

yeap, i noticed this too, was thining of "tightening" the bowling a little.

Eddie said:
yeap, i noticed this too, was thining of "tightening" the bowling a little.

Yeah this would help but I would hope that it doesn't push the better bowlers back into bowling like they did in the default game. They bowl much better in your patch...Good Luck

I'll test any new version that you try.

great patch i acn play a lot more shots now and it actually stops me scoring as quickly as i used to as i have to leave some deliveries like in the real game

Hi eddie
I tried your patch. Bowling by computer is much more varied in line and length. But still they bowl about two deadly yorkers per over for bowlers like hermison which is unrealistic because we dont see too many deadly yorkers in real cricket. But still much better bowling by comp

This is great stuff eddie (the test match batting only patch). The very first over I tested with it I played one cut shot just behind square for 4 and a cover drive for 4.

Much more fun to play the game with the patch. Although the frequency of wides and deliveries down leg sides has increased, but I'm sure these things will be worked on. A step in the right direction.

This is great stuff eddie (the test match batting only patch). The very first over I tested with it I played one cut shot just behind square for 4 and a cover drive for 4.

Much more fun to play the game with the patch. Although the frequency of wides and deliveries down leg sides has increased, but I'm sure these things will be worked on. A step in the right direction.

thanx mate, much appreciated.

Later i will release an "ODI Batting Only patch"..

Awesome work Eddie!

I started off a test match, and I immediately noticed the cpu FINALLY bowled more outside the off stump! :)

The only complaint I have had about C2k5 was that the bowlers bowled too straight, and now thanks to you, this bug is removed! :cool:

Excellent work mate, this patch has made batting a million times more fun!

I'll post a detailed review of your test patch today - I have lots of free time, and I'm now enjoying batting so much!

Since the Boss's patch has started to crash on me im gonna go this a whirl, the thing is will i have to keep swapping patches for the types of games im doing (OD and Test)

Users who are viewing this thread