Eddie's Gameplay patch

Eddie, whats the latest news on your patch do you know when you will be releasing it yet. Looking forward to using it.

ndn_enigma said:
I disagree... easy should be kept easy.

no u dont undersdtand!!!! u keep the easy bit where u can move the batsman, but u make the gameplay hard like the hardest level. this way u get the hard level challenge but u can shuffle the batsmen a little after the cursor appears. if anything id like to make the game harder than hard cos its too easy to bowl out teams. please try to uderstand what we are suggesting ......

so eddie , any chance of hard level but with batsmen ablw to move slightly after the cpu places the cusor,like a real batsman shuffling his feet into position before the shot, this would give a split second to try to mlove the batsman into a better position , without makingg the game easy (in fat it would be great)......hope its possible , thx

nails said:
no u dont undersdtand!!!! u keep the easy bit where u can move the batsman, but u make the gameplay hard like the hardest level. this way u get the hard level challenge but u can shuffle the batsmen a little after the cursor appears. if anything id like to make the game harder than hard cos its too easy to bowl out teams. please try to uderstand what we are suggesting ......

I still don't agree, that's why there's a hard mode, in my opinion, the easy mode is there so that if you're ever feeling down/pissed off, you can pound the hell outta some cricket balls (also for newbies). I agree that it is realistic, but maybe EA will think it through when making their next game, for now I believe that easy should be just that... EASY.

NO ndn, I think you've got the wrong end of the stick. He means making Hard the same, but with the Easy setting on the batsmen movement. As on easy you can move the batsmen for longer before the ball being bowled, but on hard it locks much earlier. He wants to be able to move around for longer

Coopa said:
NO ndn, I think you've got the wrong end of the stick. He means making Hard the same, but with the Easy setting on the batsmen movement. As on easy you can move the batsmen for longer before the ball being bowled, but on hard it locks much earlier. He wants to be able to move around for longer

Well done , my point exactly.i do NOT want the game easy u idiot,i just feel that there should be some batsman movement on hard level to make the game more realistic. id keep all the hardest settings(in fact id make hard level harder!!) but incorperate some batsman movement as in real life when they use their feet to get into position for the shot . please read my posts before answering in your moronic way ENIGMA , thankyou

so eddie , any ideas or work in progress? thx

hey eddie, Just wondering if your test match patch v1 is supposed to give lots of edges or not many? I one game where I have been playing for about 40 overs with only 1 edge.

HUGE PROBLEM !!! if u are bowling with a spinner (ashley giles for example) and u put the cursor in front of the batsman with full spin on, then at the last minute u take away the spin , the cpu batsman still thinks its going to spin.....this results in him missing the ball every time and u bowl him out every ball. so in theory u can boiwl out any team for less than 10 runs or so. is there any way to stop this happening as i dont want it to ruin a great game???? many thx

Thnx A Lot Eddie

THNX A LOT EDDIE WE WNT MORE PEOPLE LIKE U SO THAT WE CAN ENJOY MORE OF OUR FAVOURITE GAME :cheers

HUGE PROBLEM !!! if u are bowling with a spinner (ashley giles for example) and u put the cursor in front of the batsman with full spin on, then at the last minute u take away the spin , the cpu batsman still thinks its going to spin.....this results in him missing the ball every time and u bowl him out every ball. so in theory u can boiwl out any team for less than 10 runs or so. is there any way to stop this happening as i dont want it to ruin a great game???? many thx

only way to fix that is to re-program the game, and the way the AI works..

just a bug with the game..sadly one which i do8bt us patchers can fix..

best way to solve it is not to bowl like that ( same as with bowling short pitchers with medium pacers with no speed).

Eddie said:
Ok guys, here's my first official gameplay patch. I hope you all give it a go and enjoy it, as well as giving some feedback.

** Patch Details **

1. New outfield conditions. All outfields are significantly slower.

2. All Shots have been edited in terms of: power , direction .

3. "6-Hit" shots have been made harder. I have added "Risk & Reward" - you may get 4 or 6 runs..you also have a very high chance of getting out especially early in you innings.

4. Increased swing and seam movement on all pitches.

5. Improved AI pacing for 45 & 50 overs games.

6. Some edited fields for odi restrictions: Fast Open 1->5 fields.

Installation :

This ZIP contains 3 files :

- 2bb7ad25c9aa96dc7b6f670d84a4df83.big :-> edited pitch conditions & AI.
- 430834dfd47be8b1eaa97fa22706133a.big :-> edited strokes.
- odi fields.zip :--> a collection of edited fields (only 5 so far)

Put the BIG files and the unzipped ODI fields into the "C:\program files\Cricket 2005\" folder.
I have my cricket 2005 installed in the D drive. The path is D:\Program Files\EA Sports\EA SPORTS Cricket 2005. Is the C: path hard coded or will it work for my case? Please reply.

Eddie i am having problem using ur patch especially in Test matches the problem is Shots when i want o hit 6 i press the button down arrow and right attow with shift key but when the shot is played it play the back foot lofted shot so can u do anything to it.

raju_uab said:
I have my cricket 2005 installed in the D drive. The path is D:\Program Files\EA Sports\EA SPORTS Cricket 2005. Is the C: path hard coded or will it work for my case? Please reply.
It will work anywhere, that path was just an example

Eddie when ur new patch coming up i am waiting for tou but do one change in Test matches that when i want to play aggressivly it play back foot shot an i get bowled on full dilevery

Users who are viewing this thread