Eddie's Gameplay patch

eddie, i've only barely tried your patch.

Batting: i like what you have done with the batting, I am actually edging the ball now! There are a couple things though, I am having trouble hitting some of the gaps, but that might be because i haven't sat down and played a full match in a while.

Bowling: I find it hard to get wickets, but easy to bowl economically. The CPU goes crazy in the first 10-15 overs, dies, and then goes crazy for the last 5 overs. If possible, I'd like it so that they push for ones and twos in the middle overs. Also, the reason the CPU scores so fast in the early and late overs is because they always use the six hit button. There is absolutely no way that batsmen should be able to cream yorkers out of the stadium, but i get bowled doing the same thing. Yorkers are the hardest ball to play as a batsman, and i think your patch should reflect that.

Also, I very rarely get edges from the opposing batsmen, but that could also be because I haven't played long enough to figure out how to bowl effectively.

Fields are good, but i haven't seen any all-out attacking fields. There are a couple that have a slip and a gully, but thats about as aggressive as i've seen.

Also, this is probably beyond our abilities yet, but can you make it so that the cpu bowls more of an offstump, outside off line. They bowl way too much on the legs.

Regardless, good work. Your stuff has been brilliant so far

Eddie,is there a way to increase bowler speeds ?? Coz i have tried putting in extremely large values for bowlerspeed in the configs and yet there is no difference..

First Official Patch

Finally cricket 2005 got a patch to make game harder thats good cuz cricket game always comes with bugs. but i didnt get the game yet so loking for it and patch its cool patch.

y2j826 said:
Finally cricket 2005 got a patch to make game harder thats good cuz cricket game always comes with bugs. but i didnt get the game yet so loking for it and patch its cool patch.
It's not an official patch.

Last edited:
Thatnx for all the positive reviews guys. I am currently working on a few things for the new patch.

ashu2411 said:
All your patches are nice eddie but can you provide me with 1.0v of your patch as it is a bit easy and I really loved that. Please i need only 1.0v and i am sure you will provide me that

If its version 1.0 that you want then this should suffice.I hope Eddie does not mind me posting this one.

Attachments

• Eddie_v1.0.zip
    19.1 KB · Views: 55
Im sure one of these patches I tried the other day had it so you could move the batsmen
as the ball is bowled but now ive reinstalled & cant find it. Has anyone seen a patch that
allows you to move the batsmen as the ball is bowled?

Eddie I tried your v3 patch in a test match between Australia and England in hard mode on a normal pitch. I (Australia) bowled first and I must say that after bowling for around 30 overs I found that the CPU has an almost Bradman like capacity to hit any ball perfectly into the gap and easily dispatches yorkers to the boundary. I think this needs to be tweaked a little as it is unrealistic. Sorry for the negative post but you did ask for comment from anyone who has tried it. I am sure you have the ability to make a very realistic patch. Looking forward to that.
I did however like the slower outfields which brings a little more realism to the game.
Cheers

Last edited:
Eddie ,would you enlighten us that what kind of feature you are trying to include in your new patch or it will be a seceret?I think to make patch more promising and enjoyable,more speed of bowlers and more swing and seam is needed .Also some strokes are needed to be little tightened like front foot six hit shot between which is between leg and straight and making some other shots more easier.some tweaks in pacing file

Overall ,after installing your patch the game is now much more enjoyable.Keep it up.

Eddie ,would you enlighten us that what kind of feature you are trying to include in your new patch or it will be a seceret?I think to make patch more promising and enjoyable,more speed of bowlers and more swing and seam is needed .Also some strokes are needed to be little tightened like front foot six hit shot between which is between leg and straight and making some other shots more easier.some tweaks in pacing file

Overall ,after installing your patch the game is now much more enjoyable.Keep it up.

Eddie, i finally played a decent innings with your patch. I bowled Aus out for 126 on a green pitch in Melbourne. I got Gilchrist to edge the first ball of the match to keeper, then I got Ponting to mistime a hook. Damien Martyn was bowled by a ball that seamed a mile. Oh wow, its amazing. I was very excited.

I still have a few things though: I feel like there isn't enough variation with the direction of shots. I agree that the shots now don't always go in the same place (ie. straight drive), but the cover drive almost always goes in the same place. If there is anyway, it would be great if you could make it so that you have to time the ball exactly the same way for the ball to be hit in the same spot if it is pitched at the same place.

Also, the cpu plays way too many on-drives. They don't seem to take enough risks when the ball is pitched just outside off stump. I believe sometimes they should try to cover drive, even if the ball is close to the stumps (especially in one-dayers). The on-drive is so overused, it's ridiculous. I will bowl the ball way outside off, and the cpu batsman will magically float to the line of the ball and play an on-drive. You have to do something about that if you can. The leg glance is not utilized as much as it could be, considering it can be used as an attacking shot to keep the runs flowing. I have never seen the reverse-sweep attempted by the cpu, and I haven't seen a sweep shot in ODIs. Can you make it so these shots come into play more?

CPU also cannot really handle medium pacers or spinners that well. As I said earlier, they use a lot of dull on drives that slow the game down. I've had Harbhajan bowl a spell of 4-3-1-2 and Sourav Ganguly bowl something like 8-2-12-1. Sourav Ganguly should be hit out of the attack after 1 over.

If you've noticed, I haven't really been able to criticise human batting too much, but that's because I find it to be too hard (probably because I haven't sat down and played too much). My attempted cover drives never clear the infield, and I have to rely on the occasional straight drive and leg glance to score runs.

I know this is beyond the scope of our abilities right now, but something really needs to be done about the speed of the CPU fielders. If they were half as fast, they would still be a formidable opponent.

Nice job Eddie :happy ,but can u replace Back foot Shots of Cricket 2005 eith ones in cricket 2004. :clap .The back foot drive and cut are worse in 2005.
We can't hit 4's or even find gaps with it. :crying .
Thans

I know this is beyond the scope of our abilities right now, but something really needs to be done about the speed of the CPU fielders. If they were half as fast, they would still be a formidable opponent.

hoping this will be solved in a " round-a-bout" way for next patch..

may take a day or two though..

Users who are viewing this thread