Eddie's Gameplay patch

angryangy said:
ravi did some config editing, though it's not really a patch as such, but from what i read, he seems to think that just by increasing the size of the bowling cursor, more balls are bowled on a better line. i wish yorkers would sometimes go through full toss and then the batsman gets angry and the crowd cheers and "oooohs".

two things i have noticed and grown to hate, both were present in previous EA cricket.

the first is that the line and length of a ball are irrelevant to the ai on occasion. one example is where you have a right arm pace bowler and a left hand batsman, you bowl the ball that pitches around about the umpires hat (its pretty easy in c2005) and the batsman sometimes decides to belt it through the covers. now for me, this ball is just a fraction wide of off stump and if i play a cover drive, i can't hope to hit it properly.

the second is how easy it seems to be to catch well struck shots with close fielders, like square leg. i get so sick of seeing leg glances and hooks belted straight into the square leg fielder. in 2004, i often put a man at leg slip because i knew how easy it was to get catches there.

Yeah, I noticed both of these things. bloody irritating when you middle a flick which in real life would be four all the way, it goes straight to fielder, but intead of the ball taking the fielder with it to the boundry, you get caught.

On another issue, has the AI been made more aggresive in 4 day games? It's ridiculous, I made 308 all out, bowled them out for 104 (an innings started without this patch), and then in the next innings (with the patch) they slogged from ball one. Here's two pictures to show you what I mean. Kind of ruins the fun really. I wasn't bowling filth by the way, they were length balls outside off being hoicked over cow corner.

Attachments

• Prepatchinnings.jpg
    Prepatchinnings.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 312
  • Postpatchinnings.jpg
    Postpatchinnings.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 305
angryangy said:
the second is how easy it seems to be to catch well struck shots with close fielders, like square leg. i get so sick of seeing leg glances and hooks belted straight into the square leg fielder. in 2004, i often put a man at leg slip because i knew how easy it was to get catches there.
Simple solution is don't play that shot if there is a fielder there, aim for the gaps or where there are no fielders, from experience they only put that square leg fielder there when either A) your batsman/team is doing well or B) They have a small total to defend.

Yes a player editor can make all the life easy for patch makers and others .Hopefully we will have it in near future.Anyway ,good work eddie.

I want you to ask a question eddie,if I want to increase seam and swing in game,which values I should alter.Is it possible to only change for human or it will go by both ways?Thanks in advance.

ok..now whts da difference between eddies patch n tutsi's patch?
can we use both of them??
whats da story here?? im confused...

"yes im a noob"

OK guys, from now on, i am releasing my patches in two different files:

1. For ODI's only.
2. One for TEST matches only.

This is in the interest of improved gameplay.

Eddie said:
Just an update on slowing fielders and bowling line 'n' length.

I created a team of players with the following attributes:

1. Speed = 40
2. Bowling accuracy =40
3. Bowling discipline =30

Then played a game against the created team and noticed:

1. The fielders were much slower ( and realistic)
2. Bowlers line and length was varied ( a lot!)

No idea how to put this into a patch yet, but i am working on it. People should try doing what i did, makes a HUGE DIFFERENCE to the playability of the game.

Yeah!!! Eddie.....the running looks great on speed 40.
A few more out side off stump balls than before,
but still far tooo many frigg'n yorkers. :mad

So I set bowling mentality to defence, and I got a lot
less yorkers though.

Eddie said:

1. For ODI's only.

Way to go Eddie....... :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise

Last edited by a moderator:
it would be great if you could alter the length accuracy more than the line accuracy. so keeping it outside off at a good length is simple enough, but eventually too many attempted yorkers will result in bad balls.

Where are you guys editing these fielder speed values please ? and will they feature in a patch ?

thx

Last edited:
Eddie said:

1. For ODI's only.

Hey thanks Eddie. Its nice to be listened to for once.

ODI PATCH RELEASED

Here we go, first ODI patch. Hope you like it!

I am working on a complete overhaul of ODI fields, will release them later.

Attachments

• Eddie ODI_v4.1.zip
    19.5 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
I'm sorry but i have two questions...

1. Whats the difference between the ODI and Test patch...could you have both at the same time??

2. Is this better or worse than Tutsis patch. Can you hav both at the same time?

I played the v4 patch on the first page and i bowled a team out for 8 and 1 in a test match, i bowled yorkers and they blocked them and skied them to square leg, plz sort this out.

I agree with manee there is too many yorkes length being popped up to square leg with the v4 ODI. Is it possible to keep the ball being popped up to square leg from yokers, but lot less frequently. Batting is a lot harder now, espically in the early innings, you just can't slog the ball as much. This is a good thing. I played against South Africa and was bowled out for 145 (23 overs) runs in a 50 over match, normal pitch, clear skies. I played as Australia, they managed to pass that score in the 20th over. If I had played more defensively I might have made a better score. Keep up the good work, looking forward to future patches.

Nice work Eddie ,will pass my comments after testing it .

Users who are viewing this thread