Eddie's Gameplay patch

Starting to get use to this now, but finding that I only really score runs from using the On Drive , or the odd glance for a quick single or two..hmm It's as if the bowlers are always bowling the same kinda line.

hmm It's as if the bowlers are always bowling the same kinda line.

yup they do, that's a BUG with the game..would be the same for all patches..will be fixed once a player editor is created.

Hi Eddie

Tried your 4.0 patch and some of the back foot shots are wrong. Tried a hook shot and it went the wrong way (left instead of right) and also a back foot six hit square cut, and it went flying the wrong way to the main on the boundry. Seems to be back to front...

Also, the ball hit my batsman once, rolled to the left of the WK, hit the logo on the ground and rolled all the way back, half down the side of the pitch :(

Great work otherwise!

Leon

Tried your 4.0 patch and some of the back foot shots are wrong

thos issue has been fixed..download the latest version (v4.3)

In v4.4 i think i have solved the cut shot problem, its now a viable runs scoring shot.

Attachments

• Eddie ODI_v4.4.zip
    16.5 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
Eddie said:
thos issue has been fixed..download the latest version (v4.3)

In v4.3 i think i have solved the cut shot problem, its now a viable runs scoring shot.

:cheers

Nice Patch Definately the best one so far. :clap

Thanks Eddie. Great patch man and waiting for the Test Patch. You're doing great.

Forgot to mention that along with the Test patch will come a complete set of edited fields for tests and ODI's.

just in-case anyone didn't notice i released v4.4.

Fixed the BF str drv .

I tried your v2 it was good comapred to original AI..
But still there are lot of wied ways of the ball behaving...when it hit the pads...

Hope they are fixed.. I'll try this...

Hi eddie
Your patches are great but i think the batting is still too easy. Can you make it a bit more difficult and whenever i hit a shot it is either a boundary or 4 but never single double or triple. It makes it very unrealistic. Hope this will be resolved soon but your patch is definitely much better then the original game. Good work

I have been using Eddies patches since 1.0 and have just played my 1st test match (Eng v NZ). I autoplayed NZ 1st inns (155 all out) and played eng 1st ins (356 all out). I decided to bowl at NZ for their 2nd inns (i dont normally bowl in matches) and got them all out for 9 playing on Normal (Gough 5 for 2 and Lewis 5 for 1). Now for a fact i am not the worlds greatest bowler on Ck 2005 so is bowling made too simple on Eddies patches, has anyone else found this. I would be interested to hear if anyone has found bowling this simple after installing the patches. On the plus side I am really impressed with the batting side of the patches though, Trescothick made 155 not out (only 11 4s) with runs spread all around the pitch, so keep it up Eddie.

Last edited:
I decided to bowl at NZ for their 2nd inns (i dont normally bowl in matches) and got them all out for 9 playing on Normal (Gough 5 for 2 and Lewis 5 for 1). Now for a fact i am not the worlds greatest bowler on Ck 2005 so is bowling made too simple on Eddies patches,

the patvhes i have relsed are for ODI matches, NOT TEST MATCHES.

My test match patch will be released in a few days.

I dunno if this is right but more runs would b hit on the off side if the batsmen stood on their middle and leg stump instead of middle and off...do u agree?

Users who are viewing this thread