Eddie's Gameplay patch

Can somebody replacke Back foot shots with 2004 ones

The back foot shots are worse,cannot find gaps,no 4's.
2004 back foot shots were great.so please :upray can some one replace 2005 shots with 2004 ones(Back foot only)

Yeah you just delete the appropriate files from the Cricket 2005 folders

Eddie said:
hoping this will be solved in a " round-a-bout" way for next patch..

may take a day or two though..

Nice to hear that and it is looking like that you are going to offer many new things in your new patch.People will really appreciate your hardwork.Waiting for your next patch.

the thing which really annowing me in cricket 2005 is the bowler pitching the ball on middle and legstump. Is there a patch that can fixed that bug. that would be really great. thanks

ravi did some config editing, though it's not really a patch as such, but from what i read, he seems to think that just by increasing the size of the bowling cursor, more balls are bowled on a better line. i wish yorkers would sometimes go through full toss and then the batsman gets angry and the crowd cheers and "oooohs".

two things i have noticed and grown to hate, both were present in previous EA cricket.

the first is that the line and length of a ball are irrelevant to the ai on occasion. one example is where you have a right arm pace bowler and a left hand batsman, you bowl the ball that pitches around about the umpires hat (its pretty easy in c2005) and the batsman sometimes decides to belt it through the covers. now for me, this ball is just a fraction wide of off stump and if i play a cover drive, i can't hope to hit it properly.

the second is how easy it seems to be to catch well struck shots with close fielders, like square leg. i get so sick of seeing leg glances and hooks belted straight into the square leg fielder. in 2004, i often put a man at leg slip because i knew how easy it was to get catches there.

good job

u hv done a good job eddie but i found a problem with ur straight drive
its good that i finds the gap but it goes through extra cover or cover , so do something abt it and plz make the backfoot play a bit easier

look into making the bowlers a bit inaccurate or say natural

well done
keep it up

I mentioned making in a thread about the creation of different patches.

Would you be interested in making a Test version and a ODI version?

Prob

hey edie u gotto look at the backfoot shots a little bit and plz tweak the straight drive in a way that it can be played when the ball pitches on off stump

Just an update on slowing fielders and bowling line 'n' length.

I created a team of players with the following attributes:

1. Speed = 40
2. Bowling accuracy =40
3. Bowling discipline =30

Then played a game against the created team and noticed:

1. The fielders were much slower ( and realistic)
2. Bowlers line and length was varied ( a lot!)

No idea how to put this into a patch yet, but i am working on it. People should try doing what i did, makes a HUGE DIFFERENCE to the playability of the game.

I haven't done much editing with the ingame editor, but am I right in thinking you can't edit players already in the game? If so, I guess to change the bowling accuracy and fielder speeds etc, without an external player editor, would mean creating all the players from fresh in the ingame editor and saving them to their relevant squads?
That would take a while :(

well it took me about 5mins..but thats cos i wasn't bothered about names or what the looked like..I was just doing a test on those 3 attributes..

Re-creating a whole squad, in detail, would take a while, and you'd have to re-do the faces..which could take forever..

still ,its a start, and we now know how t solve the problems, its just putting it into practice

COOL!!!!!!! I'll go try a 5 min job now :happy

Someone will bring out an existing player editor "soon" enough though..........won't they :eek: :eek:

Isn't that the talk around here ? :clap

Users who are viewing this thread