Editing International Cricket Captain (General Thread)

Hi guys,

Has anyone tried decrypting the database?

@Chewie: Have you tried to decrypt the database using the convdb.exe tool?

Hitterman tried to add a secret but he wasn't succeed in doing that

I haven't heard of that tool..I may have a look at it sometime.

@Sidd I think you pressed Alt+A while the wrong square was highlighted.

Hi, just a quick update (actually, more of a test than anything). I haven't really played the new game much as I don't have a lot of spare time at the moment, and I also haven't done anything on the editor. I started messing around with it today but I couldn't find the pointers (for those who have any idea what I'm talking about).

Anyway, I just edited a single line in the Scout (can't remember if this was released last year or not, actually I think it was) which seemingly makes it work. Have a look at the player ratings and let me know if they are correct.

Actually, I just had another look and it seems some players batting abilities are a bit too high which suggests I've read the wrong bytes (or maybe that's how they really are rated). The bowling ability byte is totally incorrect (everything is 0). The countries seem to be ok though.

Attachments

• ICC 2009 Scout.rar
    19.5 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
did you get an error? or simply nothing happens?

nothing happens, the first time i pressed load and it came up with an error then I went into my save file and started the application up again and pressed load and it then loaded and said at the bottom "0 players found".

nothing happens, the first time i pressed load and it came up with an error then I went into my save file and started the application up again and pressed load and it then loaded and said at the bottom "0 players found".

yea same thing for me.

Also, the new positions of bowling data and other data is in the first post. And batting ability is higher in this version I think, Hughes is over 2000

Last edited:
do you have any ideas about the spin bowling abilities cause it seems that pace bowlers have lower bowling abilities (better) than spin bowlers in general.

Ok, Chewie (or anyone else) do a little check for me when you get a chance. Find any player in Artmoney and go 20 bytes above the "64" then read off the 4 bytes there. Mine are 172 36 136 101. These values seem to be repeated at the start of every record so that's what I've used to detect a player's record.

Here's what I get so far.

Last edited:
Ok, Chewie (or anyone else) do a little check for me when you get a chance. Find any player in Artmoney and go 20 bytes above the "64" then read off the 4 bytes there. Mine are 172 36 136 101. These values seem to be repeated at the start of every record so that's what I've used to detect a player's record.

Here's what I get so far.

Nope different for me, I get 172 12 135 101 for everyone. But those batting values seem right. If you can change the other things to the ones I posted in the first post then it should work. Those are based off the start of the data for ICC2008 players mind you.

Nope different for me, I get 172 12 135 101 for everyone. But those batting values seem right. If you can change the other things to the ones I posted in the first post then it should work. Those are based off the start of the data for ICC2008 players mind you.

Ok that seems to be why the scout isn't working for you guys then. I guess the numbers are different for everyone? Could someone else post their 4 bytes as well to confirm this?

when am i suppose to press alt+a after the search and at what

Here's the somewhat updated editor. Chewie I'm still having problems with the Bowling Ability and Bowling Type, are you sure the values (1750, 1758) are correct? Or maybe my offset is wrong? Anyway I'll have a play around.

Please don't edit anything using this version, only use it to view players as it WILL mess up something (bowling ability, type, maybe other stuff).

Edit: Think I got it. The bowling ability and type bytes are 1734 and 1742 respectively. I haven't tried editing anything as yet so it might still wreck your game so make sure you save before editing. Let me know when you find bugs.

Attachments

• ICC 2008 Editor.rar
    22.6 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
could you post a screenshot of the error so i could try to figure out where in the code it is?

or give me instructions of what you did?

Edit: Think I got it. The bowling ability and type bytes are 1734 and 1742 respectively. I haven't tried editing anything as yet so it might still wreck your game so make sure you save before editing. Let me know when you find bugs.

Ah must have added an extra row on or counted one twice

With the editor I opened it and opened the player and clicked load and got divide by zero error. I then type the player's bday in and pressed load and once again got the divide by zero error

************** Exception Text **************
System.DivideByZeroException: Attempted to divide by zero.
at WindowsFormsApplication1.ICCTrainer2008.codesToDOB()
at WindowsFormsApplication1.ICCTrainer2008.loadPlayerData()
at WindowsFormsApplication1.ICCTrainer2008.loadButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ICC 2008 Editor
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/User/Downloads/ICC%202008%20Editor/ICC%202008%20Editor.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread