Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
Graham Gooch has written that "It is apparent England's spin play has come up by leaps and bounds."
Now you cannot judge it from a single match.Have they been tested on a spinning track where the real test of technique against spin bowling is reflected.They will meet the real spin attack on the dustbowl of ****hede!

m_vaughan said:
Bell was expected to be one of the top run scorers for England in the series. He was the highest runscorer in Pakistan.

Jones is highly underrated, and despite having stiff competition from Read and Prior, is still believed to be the best option England have. Even MS Dhoni wasnt particularly good behind the stumps in the match.

Blackwell was picked because he strengthened the batting llineup and is well capable of bowling. Its a different thing he couldnt quite click in this game. Everyone cant have start like Panesar and Cook.

And England dint win the match because India were playing for a draw.

Bell expected to be the top run scorer - optimisim at its very best (considering you dont give Sehwag a chance to score runs).

Jones underrated -nicely put . Everybody knows how good a keeper he is.According to me he is the worst wk in the world today.Even Mashud is way better than him.Nobody can deny it either.Dhoni was not good -didnt see hime drop 2 catches though.

Blackwell at best is not even good enough to bowl for a Shivaji Park team and if Englan d needs his batting GOD save England.

Panesar had a good start ???????? Strange considering he got a dodgy decision (Sachin ) and got the other wo wickets when Indians went for slogging.Monty Panesar by the way would not have played even Ranji Trophy ahd he stayed in India but still would have played at Shivaji Park.

England if had to win them match could have declared earlier but even they went for the safer option.

Also the crap thing is concerned well it might be crap what I say but the bottomline would be laid after the Test series ends mate.Either it would be me or you Poms who would be eating hier words.

ronny_kingsley said:
England if had to win them match could have declared earlier but even they went for the safer option.

That would have been suicidal. You saw how well the pitch was playing.

ronny_kingsley said:
Monty Panesar by the way would not have played even Ranji Trophy ahd he stayed in India but still would have played at Shivaji Park.

Panesar was born in England and has lived there all his life, so how on Earth could he possibly have stayed in India?

Not that you care, there are plenty of examples of your ignorance on this forum.

On another note, I wonder if the England selectors take note of this scorecard: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/shared...et/scorecards/2006/3/12355/html/scorecard.stm

Especially the performance of a certain Mr Read who apparantly can't bat.

sohummisra said:
It was the extra batsman that made the difference in the previous match for India (Mohammad Kaif). If it wasn't for him, we could have very well lost the match. However, I still have confidence in using a 5-prong attack, because I think the Indian batting collapse in the first innings was a one-off thing.

England did not win the match because they did not set a competitive target. What team in their right mind would try and chase at above 4 an over, on a slowing pitch where they were struggling to get up to 3 runs an over before? The risks were too great for the benefit. The only reason England were in the match was because of two phenomenal performances: a recovery from Collingwood and a brilliant spell of bowling from Hoggard.

As I've said many times, the English fans and team should not expect to be knocking down the Indian batting line-up with such ease on a regular basis. As for Monty Panesar, India played him overcautiously in the first innings because he was an unknown quantity. As was evident in the second innings, they are probably going to be slightly more aggressive from now on. And if you end up with Sehwag vs. Panesar, that could destroy the young man's confidence.

If Viru can get past Hoggy, Hoggy has him 5 times in tests now.

ronny_kingsley said:
Bell expected to be the top run scorer - optimisim at its very best (considering you dont give Sehwag a chance to score runs).

---------
Didn't see him in Pakistan
-----------

Jones underrated -nicely put . Everybody knows how good a keeper he is.According to me he is the worst wk in the world today.Even Mashud is way better than him.Nobody can deny it either.Dhoni was not good -didnt see hime drop 2 catches though.

-------
Mashud better? HAHA!
---------

Blackwell at best is not even good enough to bowl for a Shivaji Park team and if Englan d needs his batting GOD save England.

---------
He's a good ODI bowler, and remember he bowls at Taunton alot
-----------

Panesar had a good start ???????? Strange considering he got a dodgy decision (Sachin ) and got the other wo wickets when Indians went for slogging.Monty Panesar by the way would not have played even Ranji Trophy ahd he stayed in India but still would have played at Shivaji Park.

----
Sachin was plumb out, Montys born in England.
-----

Also the crap thing is concerned well it might be crap what I say but the bottomline would be laid after the Test series ends mate.Either it would be me or you Poms who would be eating hier words.
--------
Your playing England not Australia.
------

I don't expect England to win.

But would india be expected to if 4 of their top 11 were dropped?
Let's say.

Sehwag
Dravid.
Pathan
and Kumble.

??????

andrew_nixon said:
Panesar was born in England and has lived there all his life, so how on Earth could he possibly have stayed in India?

Not that you care, there are plenty of examples of your ignorance on this forum.

On another note, I wonder if the England selectors take note of this scorecard: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/shared...et/scorecards/2006/3/12355/html/scorecard.stm

Especially the performance of a certain Mr Read who apparantly can't bat.

Read > Jones imo.

Won't be in the team though unfortunately, Jones drops in this series will cost us though.

Good work by Saj too.

Sureshot said:
I don't expect England to win.

But would india be expected to if 4 of their top 11 were dropped?
Let's say.

Sehwag
Dravid.
Pathan
and Kumble.

??????

Definitely this should be the line up and they still have a good chance.
Gambhir
Jaffer
Laxman
Tendulkar
Yuvraj Singh(Captain)
M.Kaif
M.S.Dhoni(WK)
Agarkar
H.Singh
Munaf Patel/Murali Kartik/P.Chawla
Sreesanth/Zaheer Khan

Last edited:
ronny_kingsley said:

I wonder how many (if any) of the current Indian fast bowlers would make it into the England first team.

And who cares about what you think about Geraint Jones. He scored a hndred in South Africa which effectively ended any hopes the hosts had of winning that test match. His performance in the Natwest Series final against Australia was crucial, and helped England draw a game which they had almost lost. He also kicked some crap out of the Indian bowlers in the Natwest Challenge in 2004.

Blackwell, though I agree that he might not be a good choice for test matches, can be considered as a very important player for the one dayers. You DO NOT have to be a good turner of the ball in the one day game. Also Blackwell did outplay some of the other England players in the two warm-up games.

And coming back to the Bell incident, I dont see why he cant outscore Sehwag. Sehwag is dangerous if he gets going. Note the "IF".

Finally, I still think India are favourites to win the test series, simply because England are playing without one of their most influential bowlers and two of their most successful batsmen. But England must have played really well to have a drawn a test match with India in India, after fielding three debutants in the match.

Regardless of the result, your posts will always be remain crap.

temperature is rising here.some chilling needed here!hey guys chill off.

Last edited:
ronny_kingsley said:
Panesar had a good start ???????? Strange considering he got a dodgy decision (Sachin ) and got the other wo wickets when Indians went for slogging.

You've conveniently forgotten the Kaif wicket.

And Sachin's lbw dodgy? The ball hit the pad before the bat, in line with off stump.

ronny_kingsley said:

Your bitter. And rightly so. I mean, you've just been matched by the England 3rd team ;)

JamesyJames3 said:
Your bitter. And rightly so. I mean, you've just been matched by the England 3rd team ;)
And your 2nd team (Vaughan's absence duly noted) was beaten by the Indian 4th team. (considering India, India A and India B).:p

Machanperu Bala said:
And your 2nd team (Vaughan's absence duly noted) was beaten by the Indian 4th team. (considering India, India A and India B).:p

ahhhh, who cares about tour matches son! :)

It's the test matches that count! :)

Even Mashud is way better than him
Just to clear things - Masud is a fabulous keeper. Better than Jones, Dhoni, Mcullum and Akmal behind the stumps I feel. But then again, those guys are all new and are in as much for their batting as keeping skills (Except Jones, of course)
Chris Read should be played more. I can't believe the ECB is letting such a talent go to waste. Any country would pick him up in a snap!

Users who are viewing this thread