• Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
ZoraxDoom said:
Chris Read should be played more. I can't believe the ECB is letting such a talent go to waste.

Totally agree Zorax.

Just noticed on cricshop that England have got a new ODI Kit - it won't be used against India though. Here is a screenie does anyone have any more screenies of it?

eng_odi06.jpg

hondeyho said:
Just noticed on cricshop that England have got a new ODI Kit - it won't be used against India though. Here is a screenie does anyone have any more screenies of it?

eng_odi06.jpg

Its the nicest one we have had since the light blue and dark navy blue one we had last time we toured India.

JamesyJames3 said:
Its the nicest one we have had since the light blue and dark navy blue one we had last time we toured India.
yes a nice one!

I agree with Zorax on Mashud. Mashud is a pretty good keeper, as is Taibu. Anyone claiming that those keepers suck just because they don't have a good national cricket team is just showing their ignorance.

As for posts being crap, I think some of the English fans are spouting just about as much bullshit as some of the Indian fans here, its just that they are doing so more eloquently. So here I am, spouting Indian propaganda eloquently. w00t.

As for Hoggard getting Sehwag multiple times--you better hope he does so again, because none of your other bowlers really looked like troubling the Indians (except Flintoff in parts). ;) And finally, the comment about an Indian team missing Dravid, Sehwag, Kumble and Pathan being comparable to the current team.

Trescothick vs. Sehwag: Uneven contest--Sehwag has been vastly more successful and more dangerous than almost any opener in world cricket. Hayden is perhaps the only guy who has performed better and more consistently than him in the last few years.

Vaughan vs. Dravid: Just because they're captains? Dravid's got almost double the amount of runs as Vaughan, his average is 15 runs greater and he's got 7 more centuries. Statistics aside, Dravid has been the backbone of the Indian batting line-up for a long time now. A more apt replacement for Vaughan is Laxman--average is about similar and they are equally (in)consistent with a few big scores.

Giles vs. Kumble: I don't think I need to elaborate. I don't think we even have a Giles like player in our team. Nope, we don't have a "spinner" that we depend on to relieve the fast bowlers.

Jones vs. Pathan: Perhaps the only relevant comparison. Pathan's swing has been as dangerous as Jones' swing in recent times.

So, and ignoring the fact that is is pretty stupid in the first place to compare players of different teams because each team has a different type of set-up and way of playing, the Indian team you mentioned is significantly weaker than the current England team. That's all for today. And don't make patronizing comments: just because you think you're right doesn't make you right. :)

sohummisra said:
Giles vs. Kumble: I don't think I need to elaborate. I don't think we even have a Giles like player in our team. Nope, we don't have a "spinner" that we depend on to relieve the fast bowlers.

And where exactly, is Giles on this tour? Panesar was by far the best spinner in the entire first test, looking far more dangerous that Kumble or Harbajhan. I would also like to point out Harbajhans current bowling form. He's taken roughly 3 wickets for about 4-500 runs over the last 4 tests.

sohummisra said:
As for Hoggard getting Sehwag multiple times--you better hope he does so again, because none of your other bowlers really looked like troubling the Indians (except Flintoff in parts).

Jones vs. Pathan: Perhaps the only relevant comparison. Pathan's swing has been as dangerous as Jones' swing in recent times.

In response to the first paragraph, your forgetting Monty, so thats 3 of our 4 bowlers. So saying none bar .... is rather stupid.

In response to the second par, Jones is a better bowler than Pathan. Pathan is good, but I doubt he would get in the England bowling line up if the tables were turned.

JamesyJames3 said:
In response to the first paragraph, your forgetting Monty, so thats 3 of our 4 bowlers. So saying none bar .... is rather stupid.

In response to the second par, Jones is a better bowler than Pathan. Pathan is good, but I doubt he would get in the England bowling line up if the tables were turned.
Jones does not totally rely on swing. He also has pace on his side.

cc2003btw said:
And where exactly, is Giles on this tour? Panesar was by far the best spinner in the entire first test, looking far more dangerous that Kumble or Harbajhan. I would also like to point out Harbajhans current bowling form. He's taken roughly 3 wickets for about 4-500 runs over the last 4 tests.
Please do go back and read the context under which I am making comments, instead of scourging the posts for those that you can attack. Someone in the previous page suggested that England's current team is similar to an Indian team without the services of Sehwag, Dravid, Kumble and Irfan. Is there a spinner apart from Giles who was left out of this tour? Panesar is playing, mind you.

JamesyJames3 said:

In response to your first paragraph, I think Panesar was only allowed to have a good test debut. If India had played him with any sort of attacking intent, his figures would not have been as economical as they seem.

In response to your second paragraph, it wasn't me who tried comparing Jones and Pathan, to start with.

m_vaughan said:
Best of luck to both teams. I dont see too many runs being scored in this test match.
If the curator's words are true, India could have a tough time putting up big runs on the board. But with Harmy out of form and Hoggard relying more on swing than pace, we could end up pretty well off. I foresee India taking in 3 seamers and 1 or 2 spinners, depending on the pitch condition. I do not think we would mind playing 5 bowlers, especially if Pathan and Dhoni can chip in with the runs.

sohummisra said:
In response to your first paragraph, I think Panesar was only allowed to have a good test debut. If India had played him with any sort of attacking intent, his figures would not have been as economical as they seem.

What?! Do you seriously believe the Indian batsmen would allow him to have a good debut! Did Tendulkar, Dravid and Kaif let him get them out so he could feel good about himself? I think you speak alot of sense on the whole, Sohum, but I can't believe you've just said that!

According to Sky Sports News, there are two pitches being prepared. One is grassy and the other looks very dusty and dry...

Dont predict that Sohum. There seems to be two pitches prepared for this match, one which is dry and one which has a tinge of green on it. The host captain will be choosing the pitch of his preferrence. So we can expect Dravid to select the dry one and retain his two experienced spinners Kumble and Harbhajan.

Because the weather coupled with the seaming wicket will make like very tough for the Indians! It would be absolutely alien conditions!

Users who are viewing this thread