• Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
Begins on thursday at Mohali (sp?)
This is going pretty much as we expected. Hard to score and hard to take wickets. You pay for dropping people.

Indians rock solid at the moment.
Who will be the man of the match-Hoggard,Cook,Collingwood,Jaffer or Kaif?

newzolt said:

Definately has to be Hoggard. If not then it's between Cook or Jaffer. Definately not Kaif or Colly.

newzolt said:

Collingwood or Hoggard for me... Collingwood's 100 came when Eng was down and changed the complexion of the match. Hoggard's spell on 3rd day was brilliant and if not for that spell, draw would have been a foregone conclusion by 4th day.

Jaffers, Cook or Hoggard for mind. The first two have made lots of runs, Jaffers most likely the most for the match. Hoggard that great spell and taking the opening wicket today. Hard one to decide. If Jaffers gets 150 I'll give it to him.

If Kaif had scored a 100 in the 1st innings, he would have been a contender for MOM as well - his knock under pressure was crucial and probably saved India from defeat.

alfa_beta said:
If Kaif had scored a 100 in the 1st innings, he would have been a contender for MOM as well - his knock under pressure was crucial and probably saved India from defeat.

Most likely, although you can't discount the 81 Jaffers made. Without that who knows what could have happened. There is so many good performances but I feel Jaffers will get it if he can make a 100. Its hard to go past a guy that has made 81 and possibly a 100 in a match.

Kaif in fact batted in the most adverse of all conditions!

still Jaffer seems to be the favourite contender.

newzolt said:
Kaif in fact batted in the most adverse of all conditions!

True!!! Kaif batted when pitch was freshened up by rain and Hoggard was in the midst of an amazing spell. Rest of the blokes got runs when there wasn't much in the pitch.

aussie1st said:
Most likely, although you can't discount the 81 Jaffers made. Without that who knows what could have happened. There is so many good performances but I feel Jaffers will get it if he can make a 100. Its hard to go past a guy that has made 81 and possibly a 100 in a match.

Yeah, if Jaffer scores a big 100, you can't grudge him MOM either.

over 6 an over now..for India to win.

NOt the kind of result many expected..but i guess both teams will take it.

England would be more disappointed IMO as they had everything going for them - toss, weather - with rain before 3rd day to freshen up the pitch, a few umpiring decisions that went in Eng's favor.

With India having survived with England having thrown everything at them, England would be wondering what they would need to do to beat India. India, on the other hand would be thinking that if they can manage an easy draw even after putting in a pathetic performance, they will have a great chance of winning if they are able to perform up to their usual standards.

Not sure I agree with that. This has been a very placid pitch and both sides have batted poorly at times on it.
It was always going to require poor play by India as well as good play by England for an England victory and with Dravid at the crease that wasn't going to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread