Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
I am going to get up at 5 am on Wednesday and watch the match on cricketon.tv over the internet. I hope the quality is good.

What time does the actually match start GMT?

Is it same time as the tour matches?

As they started at 4am, iirc.

the matches start at 4.30 GMT, coverage starts at 4am on skysports

MAJID-A said:
There's another guy from India called Munees Ansari thats also supposed to be really quick (140 +). It shows that such guys were always around, India just didn't want to pick them.

How good did he perform in domestic cricket? Its not just about being fast, its about putting in the performances!

Well, great news for Munaf Patel fans and some ice to cool the fire of the 'West Zone regional bias' fellows (not pointing at anyone!).

http://www.hindu.com/2006/02/28/stories/2006022803202100.htm

Munaf Patel is likely to be a part of the Indian squad right through the series against England. He is likely to be picked for the Mohali and Mumbai test matches!

Also I posted about Abid Nabi just today. The selectors are also planning to have him travel with the Indian team so that he can bowl to the Indian batsmen and also gain valuable experience (just like how VRV and Piyush were with the team for the Sri Lankan ODI series!).

All this is the 'Greg Chappell' influence! So far, he has been hitting the bull's eye. These moves makes us more optimistic!

I think these moves from the selectors are excellent to bring in new faces into the squad especially the test squad. I think India have a real chance now becoming a very good consistent team in ODI.

I agree Chappell has been very influential to the side. He has proved his critics wrong at the beginning when he was heavily attacked for losing to Sri Lanka and performing under par against New Zealand and Zimbabwe

saisrini80 said:
Saw a recent article today! A fast bowler called Abid Nabi who is the first Kashmiri to play cricket, it seems. He seems to be promising aspect.. It is what the Indian team is searching for - a genuine pace prospect. It seems he played in the warm up for the Cricket Club of Mumbai against England... Here is the article on him

http://in.rediff.com/cricket/2006/feb/27cspec.htm

Fastest - 147kmph

Wants to touch the 100mph barrier! And more importantly, he has bowled really well in the domestic season for Jammu and Kashmir! We need such bowlers. Wont be too long before he hits the headlines as a future prospect!

Btw, he looks like some Pakistani bowler. Dont remember the name though! After all, he is from Kashmir!
Yeah he really does look like some Pakistani bowler. He looks tall and strong. That's what a fast bowler should look like. I'm very happy to see India producing very good bowlers.
saisrini80 said:
How good did he perform in domestic cricket? Its not just about being fast, its about putting in the performances!

Well, great news for Munaf Patel fans and some ice to cool the fire of the 'West Zone regional bias' fellows (not pointing at anyone!).

http://www.hindu.com/2006/02/28/stories/2006022803202100.htm

Munaf Patel is likely to be a part of the Indian squad right through the series against England. He is likely to be picked for the Mohali and Mumbai test matches!

Also I posted about Abid Nabi just today. The selectors are also planning to have him travel with the Indian team so that he can bowl to the Indian batsmen and also gain valuable experience (just like how VRV and Piyush were with the team for the Sri Lankan ODI series!).

All this is the 'Greg Chappell' influence! So far, he has been hitting the bull's eye. These moves makes us more optimistic!
YES YES YES...No more lazy Zehere and Agarkar. I just don't want to see their faces in the Indian team. They both suck! Great decision to bring in new faces. I'm very happy! :)

Last edited:
Well, for some weird reasons they all start off good and then slow down eventually, as previously mentioned. Indians desperately need a bowling coach before we waste anymore talent.
So who is the quickest VRV singh or Munaf??
N who is the quickest in england squad??

It seems like the news is just getting worse for English cricket fans. However, they have now plumetted to underdog status--which means that they have nothing to lose (apart from second place ranking). Personally, I think that England will do fairly well in this series, and even match India for the first 2-3 days. However, I think the spin and bounce will be too difficult to handle, henceforth, and the English pace bowlers will be negated by a slowing pitch. England's strategy has to be to get the advantage early--either by winning the toss and getting a very good first session in, or by taking 3-4 early wickets in the first session of the games.

Anyhow, cannot wait for it to start. It's probably 10 AM IST:

04:30 GMT
21:30 Central Time USA
22:30 Eastern Time USA

jazz said:
I think these moves from the selectors are excellent to bring in new faces into the squad especially the test squad. I think India have a real chance now becoming a very good consistent team in ODI.

I agree Chappell has been very influential to the side. He has proved his critics wrong at the beginning when he was heavily attacked for losing to Sri Lanka and performing under par against New Zealand and Zimbabwe

India can become a good consistent team in the tests too. If these fast bowlers get stuck with the team and produce good performances, the team will benefit from it quite a lot and will be a force to reckon with!

Dhoni said:
Yeah he really does look like some Pakistani bowler. He looks tall and strong. That's what a fast bowler should look like. I'm very happy to see India producing very good bowlers.

YES YES YES...No more lazy Zehere and Agarkar. I just don't want to see their faces in the Indian team. They both suck! Great decision to bring in new faces. I'm very happy! :)

YES! I too desperately want to see the end of Agarkar. I dont believe in the miracle of him changing overnight and becoming a wicket taking bowler for India in future! Zaheer - well I didnt like him at all in Pakistan! But if he can go back and work on his game, his fitness, etc, may be he can stand a chance of coming back in future! But that looks slim with Indians going for faster bowlers. Zaheer has to regain his speed back to be in the reckoning for inclusion!

donkey said:
Well, for some weird reasons they all start off good and then slow down eventually, as previously mentioned. Indians desperately need a bowling coach before we waste anymore talent.
So who is the quickest VRV singh or Munaf??
N who is the quickest in england squad??

Chappell doesnt want a bowling coach and More says Chappell is giving equal importance to both batting and bowling departments and so he also feels no bowling coach is needed!

But I think a bowler can understand a bowler better! We have many former bowlers who can be good coaches! For instance, Javagal Srinath is there. Or we have Venkatesh Prasad who has just coached the India U-19 to the World Cup final and is a qualified coach too!

saisrini80 said:
India can become a good consistent team in the tests too. If these fast bowlers get stuck with the team and produce good performances, the team will benefit from it quite a lot and will be a force to reckon with!

YES! I too desperately want to see the end of Agarkar. I dont believe in the miracle of him changing overnight and becoming a wicket taking bowler for India in future! Zaheer - well I didnt like him at all in Pakistan! But if he can go back and work on his game, his fitness, etc, may be he can stand a chance of coming back in future! But that looks slim with Indians going for faster bowlers. Zaheer has to regain his speed back to be in the reckoning for inclusion!

Chappell doesnt want a bowling coach and More says Chappell is giving equal importance to both batting and bowling departments and so he also feels no bowling coach is needed!

But I think a bowler can understand a bowler better! We have many former bowlers who can be good coaches! For instance, Javagal Srinath is there. Or we have Venkatesh Prasad who has just coached the India U-19 to the World Cup final and is a qualified coach too!

Let me tell you something, Sai. If Manuf or VRV do something spacial in this England series then I don't think Agarkar, Zehere or Nehre will have any chance to come back in the side because Pathan, Sreesanth and RP are doing great so far and also few in domestic cricket.

Dhoni said:
Let me tell you something, Sai. If Manuf or VRV do something spacial in this England series then I don't think Agarkar, Zehere or Nehre will have any chance to come back in the side because Pathan, Sreesanth and RP are doing great so far and also few in domestic cricket.

Oh come on man, whats up with your spelling? :mad:

'Manuf' 'Zehere' 'Nehre'???

Yes! Thats what I told too! If Munaf and VRV can put in strong performances with the team, then it would be almost impossible for Zaheer and Agarkar to fight back into the squad!

oltraff said:
Dish or DTV

What do you mean Dish DTV or you mean where they showing India vs England. It hasn't been announced yet. But for sure they are not showing in direct tv.

If it hasn't been announced, then how do you know it's not on Directv?

Users who are viewing this thread