England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
preet said:
Good inning by Yousuf so far, but he needs to carry and hope Inzi gets better tomorrow. Pakistan still in a very good position to score around 450.
I'm not sure you're watching the same match I am. From what I see, we have two batsmen left in Yousaf and Inzamam (hoping he plays tomorrow). Akmal is more lucky than good, so he, along with the tail enders may be able to add on 50 runs at the end. I'd be happy with a 75 run lead at the end of our inning, ofcourse I'm wishing for more.

On the topic of Akmal's catch, I thought it was amazing. The fact that he reacted so quickly on such a chance where others may have been confused about what the hell was going on makes him in my eyes one of the best keepers of today. What makes it even better is this:

In Osman Samiuddin's words, "he had to move first across and then round the back of the stumps, only to still dive forward, literally at the batsman's feet to pouch the ball, full-stretch, in his left glove". Wow!!

But Flintoff's catch in the last match was marginally better and harder than Akmal's only because of the speed of the ball and the fact that he wasn't wearing gloves.

I think 450 is a touch optimistic especially if Inzi doesn't return/is restricted by his injury. Youhanna is obviously the key, he needs to bat most of the first two sessions if Pakistan are going to put themselves in a solid position. Akmal may have to be the one that builds the crucial partnership for them. Pakistan would be dissapointed if they weren't to at least reach England's total, I thought it was a brilliant effort to dismiss a team for 288 after being asked to bowl on that surface.

England did what they needed to do, took early wickets, and then kept the pressure on by taking wickets at regular intervals. England will win this, they are functioning as more of a unit than Pakistan, getting contributions from most blokes. Pakistan on the other hand, have been carrying guys like Sami, Kamal, Raza who really aren't contributing anything to the cause.

Thats good news, Inzi and Yousuf have been the rocks of the Pakistani batting. These two have tipped this series Pakistan way. Without them the series would be a lot closer. The English batting still isn't up to scratch.

aussie1st said:
Thats good news, Inzi and Yousuf have been the rocks of the Pakistani batting. These two have tipped this series Pakistan way. Without them the series would be a lot closer. The English batting still isn't up to scratch.

what about salman butt, hasn't he been more affective then Yousuf?

Yea him too, without him Pak wouldn't have come close to some of the totals they go.

Akhtar is showing all the nightwatchmen how to bat. Hes on 15 and hit 3 4s this morning. Thats what a team wants from the nightwatchmen. Yousuf is nearing his 100.

Poor England, their great pace attack is struggling and the spinners always struggle. Not looking good at all for England. Pak 66 runs behind with Inzi stil in the bank. Big worry will be after Inzi or Yousuf gets out. Usually they collaspe very quickly.

And thats 100 to Yousuf. Good knock by him, it has saved Pakistan from a low total.

Very dissapointing by England. WIth inzimam and akmal still to come. pak should take a lead in excess of 120. Udal has got to be one of the most worthelss spin bowler going around.

Damn! Akhtar was doing such a great job. I kind of wish he had of gotten 50. Yousuf is going very well.

Infact he bet his High Score by 1 run. He hasn't got a 50 yet. :(

English seamers have been unlucky today. A fair amount of edges gone past slips and a few inside edges missing the stump.

Akhtar should have got a 50 by now. He has real potential with the bat. If he worked on it a bit like Brett Lee has done he would have a lot more 50s. His technique is good and he has the big hit just like Lee.
But still a good knock by Ahktar he blunted the English attack and scored 38 valuable runs.

Isn't it lucky England went with Plunkett as he has 2 wickets while the super pair of Fredo and Hami have none.

kodos said:
English seamers have been unlucky today. A fair amount of edges gone past slips and a few inside edges missing the stump.
Outside edges, unlucky, but inside edges rarely chop on.

i was just wondering, if england lose this, and India beat Sri Lanka, do India then jump over england in the test rankings, or will it come down to Englands tour of India.

If England lose this match and India win by 2 games in their SL series then they overtake England. 1 win means they are tied with England.
Go here to see other outcomes.

Pakistan ahead of England now and Akmal approaching his 50. England have big problems as Inzi is still to come and he and whoever is still in could build a big partnership.

Users who are viewing this thread