England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
What's this now, day 3? At this point I'd back Pakistan batting last over England batting next. 200 might be murder.

Not to go on about the toss (!) but the commentators are saying that with this pitch it was harder to bat first than second. The pitch had quite a lot of green on the first day but has now levelled out.
Mind you I'd still rather not bat last.

At least that gives the English an excuse for the reason why they didn't get a great total. Pak by the end of today could be 200 runs ahead. Bat a bit of tommorow and then declear and try and bowl England out. Thats the only way they can win, if they bat too long I don't think they will have enough time to bowl the English out. But in saying that the English would be the ones batting on day 5 on this wicket.

barmyarmy said:
Not to go on about the toss (!) but the commentators are saying that with this pitch it was harder to bat first than second. The pitch had quite a lot of green on the first day but has now levelled out.
Mind you I'd still rather not bat last.
oh not again :p so much biased commentators,in the first two test matches you guys were saying toss is cruicial & now :D

aussie1st said:
Some member earlier posted that Inzi was cleared to bat.
Inzamam cleared to resume innings
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/england/4485006.stm

England's tour of India will eventually decide who takes a furm grip on that 2nd place. Imo I think England have better chances of staying 2nd in the long term as India struggle to win games away from home.

England are going badly really. I guess its not helped by a few bowler injuries. This Pakistan side is looking pretty solid really. Theres been a few problems with the openers though. I think it shows how close the International teams are at the moment.

scorpion_rulezz said:
now i would like to see what you say on this test match :rolleyes:
The match is not over yet. Though a win is pretty much out of the picture, England can still get a draw in this game.

But then I fully accept that England blew it. The 1st innings batting performance in this match was poor. England have only reproduced 20% of the form that they have shown over the past couple of years.

Expect a much harder time, when you guys tour England in the summer. I wouldnt be surprised if we won that series 4-0.

Also dont forget that England too did have a big lead in the 1st test, and went on to lose the match. So it aint over till the fat lady sings.

irottev said:
England are going badly really. I guess its not helped by a few bowler injuries. This Pakistan side is looking pretty solid really. Theres been a few problems with the openers though. I think it shows how close the International teams are at the moment.

Well the English are only really missing one bowler - Simon Jones. I wonder if he would have made any difference to the English attack.
Giles is a loss if you compare him to his replacement Udal but Giles wasn't going too well anyway.

Pakistan pass 400, now onto 500!

hmmm, wonder why england are going so badly. They had pakistan 2 down just before lunch and now it has stretched away to 5-400. England have very little chance of winning now.

Expect a much harder time, when you guys tour England in the summer. I wouldnt be surprised if we won that series 4-0.

ya rite man.... us shud now think(and better prepare) for the summer seires cuz this series is just over for you :D :D I will be much happy if something goes in ur favour from now onwards in this match so that we can have a gud test match to watch.............
and dream on for 4-0....... Though Eng team is much gud team now and will be more better when in home, even then i dont think its going to take on Pak with 4-0.....

scorpion_rulezz said:
now i would like to see what you say on this test match :rolleyes:

Pakistan havn't won yet! :p

It sounds like batting is extremely easy from what I can tell on the radio, how does it look on TV? Also Sounds like Plunkett is bowling really well at the moment, think that's the fourth time he's beaten Akmal in the last few overs. Pretty much all we can do now is look at individual performances. If we win this it'll be a miracle and i'm not one for giving up...

Last edited:
m_vaughan said:
The match is not over yet. Though a win is pretty much out of the picture, England can still get a draw in this game.

But then I fully accept that England blew it. The 1st innings batting performance in this match was poor. England have only reproduced 20% of the form that they have shown over the past couple of years.
i haven't said that match is over,i was pointing towards Pakistan's performance after putting into field first,as you guys were saying about the toss & batting first :p
stevie said:
Pakistan havn't won yet! :p
no problem if Pakistan will lost this one or it is a draw :D

Last edited:
superb batting by kamran and Yousuf . He is a champion this little wicketkeeper .He won many hearts in India with his match saving 109 at Mohale and he has done it yet again under pressure . A Pakistan win is what Iam hoping for !
Now they need to go for some quick runs and not accept the light when the umpire offers it to them !

barmyarmy said:
Here's an idea. Why would Pakistan take the light? Why not stay on and keep batting? :p
you beat me to that !

Users who are viewing this thread