England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
aditya123 said:
superb batting by kamran and Yousuf . He is a champion this little wicketkeeper .He won many hearts in India with his match saving 109 at Mohale and he has done it yet again under pressure . A Pakistan win is what Iam hoping for !
Now they need to go for some quick runs and not accept the light when the umpire offers it to them !
yes,Akmal maturing pretty much that's nice to see,he batted really well in the pressure situation & gave Pakistan what they were looking for a 150+ lead...they should continue & play till 5 local time

A 2-0 win for Pakistan will see a serious shift in the ICC Test Rankings . England (No.2) will be just a point ahead of India (No.3) and India with a win over SRL can move to No.2 and further strengthen their lead in the India-Eng series . Pakistan will move up 3 places to reach the No.4 spot though 9 points behind India !

I don't know about 2-0. I still think the draw is the most likely result. There's not much time left in the match especially as England will definitely take the light when offered tomorrow.

English commentators can't figure out which excuse to use. First it was that the quick bowler's work-load was too big, then it was that they're not used to bowling such long spells....

It's not over yet, but if Pakistan are to win 1-0 or 2-0 it will be interesting to see if the English fans concede they were outplayed, or fall back on any number of excuses that they themselves dismissed when Aussie fans used them (we lost the toss/we lost it, you didn't win it, conditions conspired against us etc.)

edit: Advice to Harmison, when you've taken 1-113 for the innings you don't give a bloke a spray after he evades a bouncer down the leg-side....

Last edited:
barmyarmy said:
I don't know about 2-0. I still think the draw is the most likely result. There's not much time left in the match especially as England will definitely take the light when offered tomorrow.
don`t rule out a fiery spell from a bloke named Shoaib ! Remember, your batting lineup is not in the greatest of touches and saving the game from here on will be a huge task . England just scraped through in the last match when there was less than a day`s play left . This time we have a couple of days still left . At least 160 overs considering the bad light and that is enough for a result .

end of the day
444/5
Pakistan lead by 156 runs with 5 wickets remaining
solid performance by Pakistan,England bowlers tried hard...new ball haven't proved much worthy for the bowlers.Day belongs to Pakistan...
now will see what step tommorow will Pakistan take ,Lead of 250 or 300 than declare & put England into bat in the last session of Day 4 ;)

Sando said:
English commentators can't figure out which excuse to use. First it was that the quick bowler's work-load was too big, then it was that they're not used to bowling such long spells....

It's not over yet, but if Pakistan are to win 1-0 or 2-0 it will be interesting to see if the English fans concede they were outplayed, or fall back on any number of excuses that they themselves dismissed when Aussie fans used them (we lost the toss/we lost it, you didn't win it, conditions conspired against us etc.)

edit: Advice to Harmison, when you've taken 1-113 for the innings you don't give a bloke a spray after he evades a bouncer down the leg-side....

If and when Pakistan win the series I will put my hand up and say well played, you deserved it.
Harmison has been immense in this innings; Yousuf described his spell yesterday as one of the best he had ever faced and he can do what he likes after bowling bouncers imo.

A 2-0 win for Pakistan will see a serious shift in the ICC Test Rankings . England (No.2) will be just a point ahead of India (No.3) and India with a win over SRL can move to No.2 and further strengthen their lead in the India-Eng series . Pakistan will move up 3 places to reach the No.4 spot though 9 points behind India !
Sorry Aditiya.... I beat u again as i predicted this earlier... :D :D

I think Pakistan batsmen will accept the bad light cuz 1. They r much tired now..they've been on the pitch for a long time... 2. Enough time is left in the match...

Sando said:

If you're getting the Sky commentary then that's no surprise, apart from a couple in that team, they're pathetic.

Sando said:

No excuses here other than we haven't been good enough. The batsman need to look at themselves, their inability to stick around and play some good, hard test cricket has been alarming. Day 1 is the perfect example, 3 batsman out playing the sweep to a bowler who isn't what you'd call world class. Geraint Jones should feel honoured that his shot has been described as a sweep!

PakiFan said:
I think Pakistan batsmen will accept the bad light cuz 1. They r much tired now..they've been on the pitch for a long time... 2. Enough time is left in the match...

3. They don't need to play on because they are already 1-0 up and we have virtually no chance of winning this game.

England shouldn't look to down on losing this test series. It will be their first series lost in over 2 years and even Australia struggled playing in the sub continent against india.

aditya123 said:
One bad series and so many points dropped(??). Not sure about the points system here. But India will also have to beat Pakistan in Pakistan before they host England. This Pakistan side under Woolmer is far better than that which lost to India in 2004.

India should easily beat a highly demoralised Sri Lankan side in the upcoming test series though.

Quote from the online SkySports commentry:

Unlike England batsman and housewives with obsessive compulsive disorder, Pakistan don?t feel the need to sweep every two minutes. :p

Harmison has been great today, despite his figures, but I don't understand the point of bowling bouncers when the batsmen refused to walk off, just gave the umpires a reason to allow the batsmen to change their minds.

stevie said:
If you're getting the Sky commentary then that's no surprise, apart from a couple in that team, they're pathetic.
I believe Botham was making excuses as well. The best one was that England team hasn't had much rest since the Ashes which is why they were too tired for this series, or somewhere along those lines.

So I guess two and a half months are not enough?

nightprowler10 said:
I'm not sure you're watching the same match I am. From what I see, we have two batsmen left in Yousaf and Inzamam (hoping he plays tomorrow). Akmal is more lucky than good, so he, along with the tail enders may be able to add on 50 runs at the end. I'd be happy with a 75 run lead at the end of our inning, ofcourse I'm wishing for more.
Boy did they shut me up. Especially Akmal. Anybody notice how he was using his feet more while batting after lunch? He batted much better than I expected him to. He took the perfect approach against the new ball and attacked it.

Great Job by Pakistan! I would like to see aggressive cricket tommorow and I would declare at Lunch so that We have plenty of time to get them out, A lead of 200 looks good to me..

nightprowler10 said:
I believe Botham was making excuses as well. The best one was that England team hasn't had much rest since the Ashes which is why they were too tired for this series, or somewhere along those lines.

So I guess two and a half months are not enough?

Need I say more! Lack of preparation would be a better excuse but at the end of the day, the batting has been poor. The bowlers can't really be blamed (the spinners can't help the fact that they aren't good enough can they!). Flintoff, Harmison, Hoggard and now Plunkett have given it their all, you can't ask for more on such benign surfaces.

m_vaughan said:
One bad series and so many points dropped(??).

It depends on who you lose to - meaning the number 2 team loses to a number 7 team, so they lost more points; if they lost to the number 1 or number 3 teams they probably will not lose this many points.

Users who are viewing this thread