England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
nightprowler10 said:
Oh come off it. Many test teams go through this kind of schedule, but you won't hear them making excuses. Look at Pakistan's schedule since the August of 2004 (courtesy of Cricinfo :p):

# 2005 : Pakistan in West Indies, May - Jun 2005
# 2005 : (Others) Sheikh Zayed Cup in Abu Dhabi, May 2005
# 2004-05 : Sri Lanka in Pakistan, Oct - Nov 2004
# 2004-05 : Pakistan in India, Feb - Apr 2005
# 2004-05 : Pakistan in Australia, Dec 2004 - Feb 2005
# 2004-05 : (Tournament) VB Series (Aus-Pak-WI), Jan - Feb 2005
# 2004-05 : (Tournament) Paktel Cup in Pakistan (Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe), Sep - Oct 2004
# 2004-05 : (Tournament) BCCI Platinum Jubilee Match, Nov 2004
# 2004-05 : (Others) Zimbabwe in Pakistan, Sep - Oct 2004
# 2004 : (Tournament) Videocon Cup in Netherlands, Aug 2004 (Aus, Ind, Pak)
# 2004 : (Tournament) NatWest International Match in England, Sep 2004 (Aus,Pak)
# 2004 : (Tournament) ICC Champions Trophy in England, 8th - 25th September 2004
# 2004 : (Tournament) Asia Cup in Sri Lanka, Jul-Aug 2004
# 2004 : (Others) Sri Lanka in Pakistan
# 2004 : (Others) Pakistan in Netherlands, Aug 2004

Is that not a hectic schedule? This is of course not including any domestic competitions, overseas first class matches in which some Pakistani regulars participated, the Super Series, etc.

Comments - Firstly we are talking about the past year. Look at your schedule.

You played 3 tests in June? agasint the West Indies? Geeeez hard work!
You played some tournament ive never even heard of so i wont comment
And also Pakistans domestic season! has it run for the 5 months previous to this test series?

ZexyZahid said:
About the pitch: I have watched every day till the 2nd Test. The commentators, including the pitch checker Botham (and he should know it), said it was a good batting surface. I don't see any excuse in that.

Don't understand why you're putting now racism into this. The so called 'chucker' isn't in the team anymore. After one match playing he was called off while he spend five months correcting it. It's not his fault that ICC aren't clear about this.

Can't find any better response then putting racism into this?

Why do you turn anything into racism? The book is on cricket and race/ethnicity. Its not a book on being racist.

JamesyJames3 said:
Comments - Firstly we are talking about the past year. Look at your schedule.

You played 3 tests in June? agasint the West Indies? Geeeez hard work!
You played some tournament ive never even heard of so i wont comment
And also Pakistans domestic season! has it run for the 5 months previous to this test series?
Firstly, I am making the point that all teams go through hectic schedules, England is not a special case. My point wasn't that Pakistan were tired due to this schedule, because they weren't, they had a good couple of months off between this series and the domestic comp. Secondly, even if they were tired, I wouldn't be using that as an excuse since they are professionals and they should learn how to deal with it.

As for the Windies series, playing an inform Lara at home with some of your best players missing IS hard work.

On the other hand, I have to say Flintoff is a bit overworked, but thats the team's fault.

nightprowler10 said:
Firstly, I am making the point that all teams go through hectic schedules, England is not a special case. My point wasn't that Pakistan were tired due to this schedule, because they weren't, they had a good couple of months off between this series and the domestic comp. Secondly, even if they were tired, I wouldn't be using that as an excuse since they are professionals and they should learn how to deal with it.

As for the Windies series, playing an inform Lara at home with some of your best players missing IS hard work.

On the other hand, I have to say Flintoff is a bit overworked, but thats the team's fault.

As they say, one player doesnt make a team. So saying playing a team with Lara in means nothing.

Flintoff has been overworked but not just the teams fault. He shouldnt of gone and played in that world super joke series.

And on the topic of fitness, this is NOT an exscuse. It is fact that the England players have gone a good 7 months now without a proper break.

JamesyJames3 said:
As they say, one player doesnt make a team. So saying playing a team with Lara in means nothing.

Flintoff has been overworked but not just the teams fault. He shouldnt of gone and played in that world super joke series.

And on the topic of fitness, this is NOT an exscuse. It is fact that the England players have gone a good 7 months now without a proper break.
If its not an excuse then why do you keep mentioning it? You keep complaining that your poor boys are overworked and haven't had a real break in 7 months and then say its not an excuse, you're just stating a fact. That is why I posted that 11 month schedule of Pakistan to prove that many test nations go through these stretches where they don't get a real break. Its pretty common really.

On Flintoff, I meant overworked as in how many overs he bowls per match. In 2005, he has bowled close to 500 overs in 13 test matches. He's bound to break down soon, and may be at a crucial time.

BTW, no matter what anybody says, Lara at home (in form) is a one man team.

nightprowler10 said:
If its not an excuse then why do you keep mentioning it? You keep complaining that your poor boys are overworked and haven't had a real break in 7 months and then say its not an excuse, you're just stating a fact. That is why I posted that 11 month schedule of Pakistan to prove that many test nations go through these stretches where they don't get a real break. Its pretty common really.

On Flintoff, I meant overworked as in how many overs he bowls per match. In 2005, he has bowled close to 500 overs in 13 test matches. He's bound to break down soon, and may be at a crucial time.

BTW, no matter what anybody says, Lara at home (in form) is a one man team.

I dont think he was when we went there and beat them a year and half ago. He was on form in that series and we still battered them.

An exscuse would be something usually untrue, to protect the image of your team at a time of crisis.

A fact is something that is actually true.

Ok now your being unreasonable. These are not exscuses. These are facts, that are the truth.

This would be an exscuse - You have too many chuckers and cheats in your team.

By the way read a fantastic book yesterday - Cricket and Race. Had a great chapter called 'Pak off the cheats'

jimmyjames... sorry to say but aren't u acting like a 4 year child who is gazin at another child munching the sweets... when u dont get the sweets, u rushed over him and snatched from him......... That is ur case.. when ur excuses didn't work, u now posting rather this kinda stuff... Afridi did cheating and got the reward..

Now i tell u the last excuse u shud give..... " Afirdi has cheated by scuffing the pitch, so we lost the series "..... isn't it so??

PakiFan said:
jimmyjames... sorry to say but aren't u acting like a 4 year child who is gazin at another child munching the sweets... when u dont get the sweets, u rushed over him and snatched from him......... That is ur case.. when ur excuses didn't work, u now posting rather this kinda stuff... Afridi did cheating and got the reward..

Now i tell u the last excuse u shud give..... " Afirdi has cheated by scuffing the pitch, so we lost the series "..... isn't it so??
If you're going to accuse someone of acting like a 4 year old child, try not to type like one.

JamesyJames3 said:
I dont think he was when we went there and beat them a year and half ago. He was on form in that series and we still battered them.

An exscuse would be something usually untrue, to protect the image of your team at a time of crisis.

A fact is something that is actually true.
Lara was hardly on form for most of that series. Before his 400* in the fourth test, he scored a cumulative total of just over a 100 runs in three matches, hardly on form.

An excuse is not necessarily a fabrication. You used a supposed fact to exempt the England team from blame for a bad performance, that is an excuse. Look it up.

PakiFan said:

Funny you should say that. Seeing as Afridi scuffed the end that Kaneria bowled into second innings.

I can name more than one cheat in your side, but I wont go into that.

Funny you should say that. Seeing as Afridi scuffed the end that Kaneria bowled into second innings.

I can name more than one cheat in your side, but I wont go into that.

ok Afridi scuffed the pitch.. but the match was drawn.. Now u wud say that Afridi or somebody else scuffed the pitch in the first test too...

PakiFan said:
ok Afridi scuffed the pitch.. but the match was drawn.. Now u wud say that Afridi or somebody else scuffed the pitch in the first test too...

No, not scuffing in the first test. However, other things which im sure most of you are aware of.

Can we please leave off the cheating comments. As had been said, Shabbir Ahmed's action was fine until he began to tire and it began to deteriorate. He is now being tested and helped again.

JamesyJames3 said:
No, not scuffing in the first test. However, other things which im sure most of you are aware of.
Are you trying pick fights Jamesy? Cool it :mad

guys, just cool it down. i think it would be better off if we leave this topic alone

Last edited by a moderator:
langerrox said:
Are you trying pick fights Jamesy? Cool it :mad

No I am not trying to pick a fight. A forum is a place for debate. And that is what we are doing. I am putting my view forward, they are putting their''s which are disagreements from Pakistanis (no suprises). Leading to a discussion of the facts presented.

Users who are viewing this thread