England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
Not the place to discuss it! If you want to discuss it go to the playground!

msamina said:
It depends on who you lose to - meaning the number 2 team loses to a number 7 team, so they lost more points; if they lost to the number 1 or number 3 teams they probably will not lose this many points.
Yeah I did realise that. A bit of bad luck then I guess.

We haven't played well enough to deserve any credit for this test series.

Oh well, first team to beat us in a test series in 20 months (iirc).

Something that made me laugh on the commentary when Manjrekar and waqar were commentating Waqar said.

'The team discipline has been good'.

:D

Bar Afridi obvously :D

Well done to Kamran Akmal on his century. I was kind of glad Tresco dropped him on 95 cos he deserved a century for the way he batted. I think today puts in perspective how well our bowlers have done in this series. This pitch isn't massively easier to bat on than any of the other pitches this series, it's just that on this occasion we weren't able to restrict Pakistan. I still think the first three innings at Faislabad were a brilliant performance from England.
Anyway the unhappiest guy in the England camp is probably going to be James Anderson. Plunkett may have gone for a few but he looked impressive today and he'll certainly be ahead of Anderson in the pecking order from now on in.
As I said earlier I can't see Pakistan declaring to force a result; they've got too much to lose and there's always extra pressure batting last. They should bat until they're all out tomorrow afternoon then have a really good go at England before the close. Come this time tomorrow if England are 1 or 2 down and still 200 behind there's a great chance of the series finishing 2-0.
Anyhow well played Pakistan. The cheating arguement is crap as everyone here except JJ3 realises. They deserve to win the series and they're going to do so. I think things could have gone differently. Maybe the toss has made a difference, maybe Graham Thorpe retiring has taken away our best batsman in these conditions, maybe Gilo being injured has meant that we've been unable to keep it tight enough but ultimately the best team usually comes out on top over the course of a series and Pakistan have done really well. Credit especially to Bob Woolmer and Inzamam and I just hope our batsmen have learned some self-restraint before we arrive in India in March.

Sureshot said:
We haven't played well enough to deserve any credit for this test series.

Oh well, first team to beat us in a test series in 20 months (iirc).

Something that made me laugh on the commentary when Manjrekar and waqar were commentating Waqar said.

'The team discipline has been good'.

:D

Bar Afridi obvously :D
leave that old chap he is new to commentary box :D

Wycombe said:
How ridiculous! You close a forum because you don't agree with someone's perfectly valid comments and opinions! Call that democracy? I now understand that the person you disagree with has been banned from the board! Where's the freedom of speech that most other forums have offered?

Arguments are part and parcel of Internet discussion forums. Mr Nixon, who do you think you are? You are behaving like a dictator.
Nice try Jamesy.

I guess he doesn't know you can see people's IP.

Personally before this tour began, I expected that Pakistan would struggle and would get away with a draw in the Test Series and they would win the ODI series marginally. Now I would say Pakistan is still more then favourites to win the ODI series too, although England is also in the rise in the ODI scene.

But Pakistan didn't have a full team in this Test match. Younis Khan and Razzaq are expected to come back for the first ODI. And Afridi after two ODI's. Can't wait to see him in action in the ODI's. Good thing about Pakistan is that they have plenty of backup in the bowling department, but not that great quality backup in the batting.

From England side: the best way for them is to play with a full pace attack, since spin didn't do much in this tour. A good thing is that Collingwood found some form again.

I am not sure, but I remember there would a Twenty20 match before the ODI series against Pakistan. Is that match still on?

andrew_nixon said:
Nice try Jamesy.
lol nice caught :D
let's see what stragedy Pakistan will have tommorow
i think they should go for the win by accelerating & declaring just before the lunch tommorow :rolleyes:

accelerate in the 1st session , take a 220-230 lead and go for the kill !
Go Pakistan Go !
i missed a lot of action in the forum for the past couple of hours . A lot of crap posted here !

Remember though BA Thorpe made himself unavailable for this tour.

The ODI team selection should be interested i've worked out that 2 of Anderson, Plunkett, Ali and Udal will play.

Anderson has best economy of the 3 seamers and Ali has the best averages of the seamers. 23 in ODs.

ZexyZahid said:
I am not sure, but I remember there would a Twenty20 match before the ODI series against Pakistan. Is that match still on?
It was discussed in the early stages of scheduling, but for some reason the idea was dropped, which is a shame. Pakistan's first scheduled Twenty20 International will be on their tour of England next year.

Also, to JamesyJames and his alter-egos, you have not been banned in any way, shape or form.

aditya123 said:
accelerate in the 1st session , take a 220-230 lead and go for the kill !
Go Pakistan Go !
i missed a lot of action in the forum for the past couple of hours . A lot of crap posted here !

They could well get more than that. 150 in a session is very possible these days. But that is dependent on the pitch. Given this is a 4th day one probably a bit over the top. Any lead over 200 will be good for Pakistan. England can't win it, so Pakistan just have to bowl well and make sure they can knock over the dead batting English.

go Pakistan go victory is waiting for u
man of the match M.Yousuf
man of the series INZI

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread