England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
Man English team is paying heavily for the missed catch of M.Yousaf.....
Yousaf approaching his 150.....
Good Knock by Akmal too....

-------------
lolllllz I think if Pak is gonna win the series 2-0, they r going to help India a lot as India will be just 1 point behind of England.... and India will surely gain 1 point to jump to number 2 rating...... But i am sure Pakistan is definitely going to be placed at No.4 if they dont lose this game...

Last edited:
aussie1st said:
If England lose this match and India win by 2 games in their SL series then they overtake England. 1 win means they are tied with England.
Go here to see other outcomes.

That's fair enough too. If you lose 0-2 to the seventh best team in an eight team competition there has to be ramifications.

Akmal and Yousuf are starting to put together a nice partnership. An important aspect is that they are batting time as well, trying to delay the start of England's second innings as long as possible. That being said, we've seen England crumble on final day pitches this series, the same could very well happen to this Pakistan side which for my liking, relies on a couple of guys too heavily.

I don't see why they need to delay the English inns. Pakistan will be building this lead to as big as possible. Then bowl England out and wella there is a 2-0 series win!

Congrats Akmal passing 50 and Yousuf passing 150. England have massive problems now.

aussie1st said:
I don't see why they need to delay the English inns. Pakistan will be building this lead to as big as possible. Then bowl England out and wella there is a 2-0 series win!

Congrats Akmal passing 50 and Yousuf passing 150. England have massive problems now.

Obviously that's what they would prefer! But this Pakistan side don't strike me as an overly attacking unit. I think their preference would to be to work toward safeguarding a draw before attempting to go for a win.

True, English getting desperate Bell onto bowl now. I take Vaughan is still hampered by that injury as he wouldn't be a bad bowling option.
Also not much faith shown in their batting all rounder. Hes only had 2 overs.

Bell gone after 2 overs and Collingwood back on. I can't see how the English are going to get a wicket here.

aussie1st said:

They'll bat under they get bowled out. Remember they've still got to bat last on this pitch so they're going to want as many runs in the bank as possible.

Theres much been bigger partnerships then this before. England need to stay patient and positive.

Nice work from Pakistan though.

barmyarmy said:
They'll bat under they get bowled out. Remember they've still got to bat last on this pitch so they're going to want as many runs in the bank as possible.

90 run lead right now, Inzi in the shed and a few not so good tailenders. This partnership is the key. If they can add another 100 then Pakistan might get a 300 run lead when Inzi gets in. The way these 2 are going they might get the 300 lead by themselves!

That was more directed at Kaneria. I would call Sami and Rana "lower order" batsmen. Some member earlier posted that Inzi was cleared to bat. Obviously he'll come in next cause any lower and it puts huge pressure on him to stay in especially if the other end contains a non batsmen.

Users who are viewing this thread